• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ignoring Fly Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
All you'd need to do is calculate distance from ground to flying height, subtracting the current flying height from the projected height to get the raise required to adjust your unit.

I'm sure it's possible.

Level 9
I have already tried everthing you say. But I found a smart way, sadly this
only work for ground units, but it dosent matter in my case.

Take for example the footman and add the crow ability and remove it again... Now set his fly height to 300 or higher than any hills/cliffs. And Maximum Pitch and Roll angle to 0.

Every 0.05 seconds use this script to fix his height
JASS:
local location loc = GetUnitLoc(unit)
local real groundZ = GetLocationZ(loc)
local real maxZ = 300
call SetUnitFlyHeight(unit,maxZ-groundZ,0)
call RemoveLocation(loc)
set loc = null

Level 19
It's not aviable in GUI, because it may cause desync. But if you use it just to set unit fly height, it won't necesarrily split the game.

liek wtf ? How could even getting a locations Z cause desync
go away n00b
dont scare people with thing those arent even real

Level 19
meh I dont care about what it says
there are many spells-systems-maps those use that function and none gets splitted
in fact all particle systems execute it per at least 0.04 seconds o_O

Level 20
@ Need_O2 and others,

GetLocationZ desyncs all players with low quality graphics settings, since terrain deformations are not displayed for them. So the terrain deformations when say, someone casts stomp, aren't the same for each player.

Level 19
@ Need_O2 and others,

GetLocationZ desyncs all players with low quality graphics settings, since terrain deformations are not displayed for them. So the terrain deformations when say, someone casts stomp, aren't the same for each player.

happy now ?

Anyway then

@MeKC: your problem has no solution now gtfo and never come back

Level 19
Single wont be a problem

these stuff make me angry dsync etc
I dislike my anger and I shall banish it but Im not so powerful enough

Status
Not open for further replies.