• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cloaking Easier to Notice in SC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I don't know if anyone else seems to notice but cloaked units like banshees and dts appear to be a lot easier to "see" in terms of making out their distortions over the terrain they pass, in Starcraft one it could also be made out but it was a bit more difficult, but in #2 I can definitely tell on my screen when something is cloaked and hanging around my base or army. In some cases I could even tell which cloaked unit it was that was moving around as they have a more defined shape. So what do you guys think about the Cloak effect of undetected units?

Level 1
Aye, you got a point there, but i usually just don't care about it, aslong as it aint my cloaked units :p

Level 11
IF a zerg is waiting until there are dark templar inside his base to pop an overseer, he is doing it wrong. >_>

Doesn't really matter. Most units don't have an AOE ability or attack ground anyways.
Matters a lot. Ever heard of EMP? It removes cloak. Also, scanner sweep reveals cloak. Also, being able to move a detector unit to intercept said cloaked units helps a lot.

Level 2
Also, Terrans are OP against cloaked.

So are Protoss with a cloaked observer.

Then again, nothing else than that little OBserver and those Protoss Cannons have detection on the Protoss team. Which I find stupid (as the Protoss usually have some sort of detection just through their psi-powers. Bleh!)

Zerg got spore cannons, usually, when battling Protoss in 1v1 (or 2v2) I usually pop a Spore Cannon up before the Overseer, due to Void Rays, Dark Templars, Medivacs..
So yeah.
Its the preferences of the different players that decides most of their "detection rate".

Anyways, on topic.

I believe the cloaked units are supposed to know where they are, but at the same time not.
It looks the same in SC1, in SC2, its just the 3D engine that makes them easier for the eye to spot. In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.