• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requestin An Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hoi.

I'm requesting an item that looks somehow like Cloak of Flames. There should be a cloak with some flames. Of course I want it to be more epic than the basic Blizzard icon.

To make more weight to this request I will tell you exactly the story and what the item will do.

Maldon's Cloak of Lava

Increases the Strength by 25 and the hit points of Phodom by 500 when worn. Engulfs Phodom in a fire which deals 100 damage per second to nearby enemy units. Whenever Phodom is attacked, there is a 10% chance that a fire nova appears around Phodom dealing 750 damage to all nearby enemies. The damage stacks with other parts of the set.

The Cloak of Lava is the finest creation from the once mighty wizard Maldon. Crafted with the powers of black magic, this fiery cloak calls upon the heat and energy of molten lava to punish those foolish enough to strike its surface. After Maldon's death, many people searched for this magnificent cloak, which was eventually found in the very depths of an ancient cave. After the cloak was retrieved, many people say that it is a fake Cloak of Lava because its appearance no longer matched Maldon's masterpiece. After taking it to Maldon's apprentices, they confirmed that the cloak is authentic and explained that its appearance probably changed because it absorbed so much of the energy found at the bottom of that ancient cavern.

The project where I'm going to use this is called "The Chosen Ones" which I have been doing last 2 years. The icon will be used as one of the most powerful item so make it cool. Thanks!

I hope you can do this request. Rep and credits will be given.

Last edited:
Level 2
i can help. please tell me if this is what you want or if you want it changed

Last edited:
Old:
BTNCloakOfFlames.jpg

New:
BTNMaldonsCloakofLava.jpg
DISBTNMaldonsCloakofLava.jpg

Do you Like It?

Last edited:
well what do you want.. cant make it darker (will make eyes dissapear)
and its not your "job".. just trying to help.

I know, It were meant as a joke, and with darker I mean the regular DISBTN Shading. you can get it from a wc3 Photoshop icon toll here on hive (Just a suggestion from my side, you do NOT have to do it at all)

Level 37
Okay, what the hell! Suddenly everyone just made their own versions. Okay, let's see...

Old:
BTNCloakOfFlames.jpg

New:
BTNMaldonsCloakofLava.jpg
DISBTNMaldonsCloakofLava.jpg

Do you Like It?

This one looks pretty cool. Doesn't look that super epic, but does the work I think. The item "Maldon's Cloak of Lava" actually is made from two other minor cloaks. This icon will be used for the minor cloak. Thanks! +rep & credits!

I hope you still make me the actual icons so I can import the icon. I don't know how to do that.

BTNCloakOfFlamesBlueGreen.jpg
BTNCloakOfFlamesBlueGreenoff.jpg

BTNCloakOfFlamesRedYellow.jpg
BTNCloakOfFlamesRedYellowoff.jpg

hm. is this working?

Hmm, what I see in these two icons that they are somewhat "recolor" and too near to the original icon. I would use these, but because here are a lot of other excellent icons I'm not going to use these. However, thanks for the try. +rep!

I think X.e.r.e.X's icon is the best here. Thanks X.e.r.e.X for the icon and I will be using your icon for "Maldon's Cloak of Lava" and assasin_lord's as the minor cloak. +rep & credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.