• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requestin An Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there.

I'm requesting from you a simple ability that I tried to do myself but I failed. Mostly because this is a MUI spell. I'm not good with MUI spells because I have been working last 1,5 years with a single player campaign. And yes, this ability will be added to the campaign called "The Chosen Ones".

Remember that you cannot use vJASS and this is a MUI spell(actually, there are only three units that can use this). Also remember to make the spell from "channel" ability so abilities won't bug(stack).

Meditate - Puts your hero into a rested state of mind; restoring 10% health and 5% mana every second. If the hero is attacked or moved, the effect is removed.

- When activated, unit stants still.
- When activated, unit is restoring 10% hit points and 5% mana every second.
- If the unit is attacked, or player moves it, this will be disabled.

So, if you can do this, I will give you some rep in here, credits in the campaign in two places: in the credit list and in the spell's description also.

EDIT: I'm also requesting in this thread a better spell description for the ability: "Meditate". Something like this epic:

Area Attack - Phodom's fighting mastery with his hammer gives him the ability to easily predict and counter-attack the enemies' blows. When he sees an opening in the enemies' defences, Phodom will strike with great force, dealing 500 damage to anyone nearby. But due to the big size of his weapon, Phodom cannot always counter-attack in such a manner and has only 10% chance to pull this move off.

What do you mean "deactivateable" ?

This is just about clicking an ability and it starts to heal the caster for like 10 second or something.

Upload it, I want to see what you have.

You can't deactivate it by clikking the icon again.

Its actually quite easy, just modify the sleep abillity and the Item replinish life/mana abillity (You know the non-combat consumable one that some potions have). Then create an item (runebased, automatically activated when it enters the inventory), and remove the model and add the replinish abillity to it, offcause also removing all other abillities it have. At last create a dummy unit who cast the modified sleep on the caster and give the modified item to the caster.

This will create a unit that heals over time and can't move, attack or cast spells. And if attacked it will stop the effect.

Level 9
It's almost done. I tried to use the life drain ability to make it channel, but it can't target self, so I use a stomp ability. hope you don't mind it, but it still checks if you order him to do anything or when he is attacked.

It has only one issue, he will automaticaly attack a nearby enemy.

[EDIT] Done!

Attachments

• Meditate - SS.w3x
    14.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 37
It's almost done. I tried to use the life drain ability to make it channel, but it can't target self, so I use a stomp ability. hope you don't mind it, but it still checks if you order him to do anything or when he is attacked.

It has only one issue, he will automaticaly attack a nearby enemy.

[EDIT] Done!
Actually stomp is already used ability. I really hope you can do it from Channel or an ability that I don't use. Currently characters uses about all basic abilities... So it's difficulty to find an ability that I'm not using. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.