• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cliff levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, so...
The last few days I've been searching the Hive, Youtube, Google and other places trying to figure out how to change the cliff level so that it can be raised more than twice before it will make more cliff around it.
So my question is:
How do I make very high cliffs?

It seems like there are (or were) some addons and some other editors than the World Editor for this, but I simply just can't figure it out. I am pretty lost so can anybody help me out here? :)

Level 2
Yeah, I actually found that 1 while searching, but since it wasn't exactly what I was looking for I just let it go. I'm looking at it now and testing it out and it's very nice, thanks!
But... when I try to make these high walls where units are supposed to stand on the camera gets too close to the creeps :s
Second problem is that units standing at the bottom of the wall can look up unlike the normal blizz cliffs where only the units standing on top can look down. How can I fix those 2 problems? :con:
But thank you for making me look at TheHelper thingy again, it's very helpfull =)

Level 8
depending on how much work you want to put into it.

like corley said, you can create a single blizzard cliff just for the purpose of sight blocking and then you can create the really big cliffs on top of that.

there is a command you can call that will adjust the height of the camera. you can put this into a trigger to adjust the camera height relative to the height of a unit (this it kind of hard) otherwise you can just see where the camera is and make it XX amount higher if it is looking at the cliff (less work, but not as smooth)

Level 9
I have never tryed it by myself. But I know in the MiscData.txt file you put into you warcraft folder to raise the ground more than normal, there is a line called something like: CliffHeight = 256 or 128 I dont remember.

Try to change that to a higher number. Okay, but its not only that, every cliff in warcraft is a 3D model, that can be edited and imported into a map to overwrite the existing cliff.

So here is my point: Try changing the CliffHeight to a higher number, and edit the cliffs models so they have the same height as you wrote in the .txt file. Maybe it works, maybe it dont!

I have never tested it myself because im to lazy, but I had this idea in my mind for years now

Status
Not open for further replies.