• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cliff Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I noticed in the Cliff Meshes data there is CLIFF HIEGHTS field, and it even appears to allow you to "ADD" new levels or alter the current ones.

I was hoping to raise the -8 Lowest cliff level that is used when you lower cliff terrain to allow for ramps to be used and players to reach the area so it will add more depth to the map.

Also tried adding a NEW +2 level to go in the opposite direction, but neither seem to do anything.

Either the field is not truly editable, or Im doing something wrong?

Clearly if its intended for MODs that allow for many cliff levels, there must be a way to add or alter this...?

Level 4
Well thats a shame.

Any idea if there is a way to change the fact that Item use causes your unit to stop following his current order?

There is no "Transient" flag on Inventory type Abilities.

Level 3
I'm using raising the terrain for cliff, raise it to a certain height then use the uniform brush to make ur terrain. Then use the pathing blockers to block units to walk straight up to the cliff. The cliff actually looks more realistic.

Level 4
I was thinking that myself actually, its too bad you cant paint the "Climable" (blue) pathing however.

As for painting pathing, I was trying to make a Texture itself unpathable, and unbuildable via the data editor. and when you add Ground - NO SPAWN to a texture it works fine with preventing units from entering it, but it wont prevent a player from building on the location. So I had to COMPLETELY paint in NO BUILD pathing on the uppermost level of my map (which is 50% of the map since its an installation set.), to prevent the placement of AUTO-Turrets where the players cant get to but can sometimes see. And I feel like all that pathing I painted incresed my maps size by a large amount.

Has anyone found a way to make a texture UNBUILDABLE in the data editor?

Level 4
Uh. ok... not sure what exactly you are talking about.

A. I know this is not WC3 editor.
B. There are no triggers that effect terrain pathability. Only the data editor can change that or the PATHING mode.
C. and ALL terrain in SC2Editor is Pathable and Buildable fromt he get go, none start with any flags in the Pathing Feild. Ive checked. So its up to the map maker to set them.

Status
Not open for further replies.