• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

City of Varrock (beta trying version

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"Son of the corrupted
gifted by gods
Both angel and evil
Cursed by owns... <--- i heard that "owns" means something like himself...
for those without estetical feelings, lets say our hero is schyzopfrenic. (2persons in 1)

so, back to our story... after leaving acheron, armies of both kingdoms are together to defend city of Avvarocka. so Raise your weapons, encourage your friends, and defend the city, zoo and garden until Salvation comes..

this map is still being made, so lets say its Beta version. if you want to comment, dont talk about "not enought resources, walkable walls", but more about how to make this map better.

Main quest is to eliminate enemy. If youre playing as city, eliminate assault forces. As Attackers, you have to eliminate outer city and slay Forces of varrock.
also, ill add optional quests where you will seek help at nearby camps (Champions guild, varrock gangs and Outlaws.

Yet, you can use forces of Varrock- Royal guards, warirors, pawns, archers and Archangel guardians. they can be recruited in mercenary camps (they look like barracks)
Latter you will be able to recruit White knights and Falador rangers.
And, if youre brave enought- you may seek help at demons and barbarians.

Since you are besieged, alllies will help you. Every few hours of siege, reinforcmens will come to aid you in battle. Group of White knight may appear at horizon, and new hope for win may come. Also, you can hire additional mercenaries at Barracks.

There are 4 main heroes in our quest. later ill add few more heroes like mahjarrat Azzandra, fremmenik Brundt, and our famous wolf leader Frenzrys.
yet, you can hire and play with:
Mauz. my favourite hero, with my favourite spells and summons. can summon nether drakes, Ignite, Impale and.. Divide.. and conquer.
KinrySmiths daughter. can use Storm bolt, Shockwave, Starrfall (hammer revenge was laging) and Metal rain.
Kund§Ksicht: Devastator. now he have Endurance aura, critical strike and Reincarnation, but he will be strong warrior that can slay tons of enemies.
Tame it: The druid. can summon bear, thorns aura and force of nature. His best spell is "Distraction", when he turns into crows, retreats from battle and reappears few steps away and ready to fight again. hard to slay.

skeletons.gif

garden.gif

zooe.gif

Since this map needs lot of reworking, im going to cgange it, pretty much:
step 1: Walls and trees. You can sometimes walk trought walls, and theres not enought trees. ill remake every wall and most likely add "seed of regrowing" or something.
Step 2: Map remaking. City is kinda nice, but doodad houses need reworking and it wants custom shops. And, the outside-city. there are only some trees, mines and 2creep camps. Also, ill make gate-opening system (triggers!) so you will be safe.
Step 3: Triggers. this is the part with reinforcmens and last little remakings.
And last steps are, to turn this map into Varrosk siege when you will be defending this city from invading armies, not from lame AI!

archangel model by Tranquil
Map, idea and heroes by Mouzyy.

Keywords:
Varrock, siege, castle, awesome, mouzyy
Contents

City of Varrock (beta trying version (Map)

Reviews
12:38, 12th Jun 2010 Rui: This is certainly not melee. Rejected.

M

12:38, 12th Jun 2010
Rui:
This is certainly not melee. Rejected.

Level 16
Seas =)

What up to the dude over me =D

I will download this map now, help you with your problems you have ( after pm me 20 times now :p ) and rate it later!

Edit:
- You forgot to activate each trigger :eek:)
- What's about this "move" trigger? Just the event - rest is missing :eek:)
- Ofc Terrain changes
- Walk through walls need to be fixed
- Need to improve some units
- Map can crush for some reason
- And so on :eek:)

- No one should rate it now :eek:) [Yes it's a perfect Beta ^^]

Last edited:
Level 7
Please fix Description

really...
dude..
u make me **** my head..
fix that goddamn description right NOW!.

To Knight26 if you want someone to change the description please be nice and tone down your language.

Now it is good to see you are willing to upload a map you have made to Hiveworkshop.

But first there are a few things in making the map stand out from the rest and making people say "Wow it sounds good" I better try it.

Although Do not lie about your map or people will get so angry no1 would download your map.

Okay how to make a good description of your map:

Adding a youtube video of some of the features in your game can make wanting to play or download a map even more worth it.

Adding in-game screenshots to your description can make people feel like they are actually playing the game and makes them want to download the map.

images

Just adding a description of the game can tell people what it is about, so they are not left worrying what the main objective is.

The aim of the game is to get a hero and work your way up to the enemy base and destroy there citadel or tree depending if you are on scourge or sentinel team.

Here is another example of the description of the game:

Dota Palostar is an AOS type map where 2 teams scourge and sentinel of 5-8 battle it out to destroy there enemies main building and stop creep production for ever.

Adding a How to Play description tells the person a brief overview how to play the map.

First you choose a team sentinel or scourge.
Then when the map has loaded you choose a hero.
Then you go an level up your hero by killing creeps/other heroes in an attempt to destroy the enemy citadel or tree.

Adding features to the description can help people understand why they should download it and what makes the map unique.

This map has 200 custom heroes
400 custom items
500 custom spells and upgrades
30 custom unit
70 custom models
a new inventory interface
a unique attacking system

Including a change-log can help people understand why you updated the map and what updates are there.

In this update we have added 10 new heroes and changed the death lightning spell so it would look better when casted and not poison you. Plus we have added a few new terrain features to make walking around the map even more exciting

Adding updates to come can see what you have installed for the next version and can make people want to keep downloading n playing your map.

3 new models, 5 hero reworks, 6new heroes, 10new spells, 56new items, price rework and manor regen interface.

Always include the credits or people will think you made the whole map when you didn't and then some1 who contributed to the map will be real angry cuz you took all the credit.

Credits:
Dell.CC - for models
[H]ell.[M]aster - for spells
sls.Fail - for interfaces
Mls.Noobs - for terrain
Palostar - Main Creator

For now until you update the description, I will assume this map will not get many downloads.

To make me download the map change the description and I might download it and review it.

Hope this helped you understand how to make a good description for your map,
Lag_Reviews :p

PS: the above description is about another map and is only an example and good luck with the map in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
whow. its still beta!
and, about description. i have no idea how to make that "revealing window" or whatever, im happy that i can post images!
after ill learn something, ill make second version as dr. boom said:
step 1: Make some changes to walls, also try it few times and so.
Step 2: add more trees and creeps, because players dont have enought wood and heroes are lvl 1.
Step 3: rework hero abilities, add some guards and rework gate opening
and step 4!: Turn this into castle siege. this will need some trigering lections, but i guess it isnt so hard to make every 2minutes summon tons of skeletons.
Step 5: be famous :D

so. hope it wont take me long, but wait some time and version 2.0 will be here!

and, little question: is there any way to replace this map with newer version or i have to make another downloadable map site with blahblahblah...
just can i remove/replace this map?(descriptio too)

{EDIT 1}
Runescape?

yep. i hope you arent one of those guys:
Rs sucks! w0w ownz! or whatever

{EDIT 2}
edited description. hope you like it more now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
At least I'm not the one spamming the whole map section with this post that you are making :/.
As for the record: I apologize for being rude, but the description is really poor and u should consider fixing it asap, ;).

I am not spamming the whole map section with the post I am making. I am just telling people what should be in a description to help them out because most people are clueless.

Anyhowz most map creators would say my description helper is a godsend and helps them improve there description rather than just rudely telling them to change the description. Because I tell them nicely to change the description and offer them ways of what they need to /could do to improve.

I see it not as spam btw.

_________

Good to see the map creator took some of my advice and added it into there description I will probably download this map when the new version comes and give you a full review.

Thanks for listening to me,
Lag_Reviews :grin:

Level 6
quote:yep. i hope you arent one of those guys:
Rs sucks! w0w ownz! or whatever.quote:

Well, Rs does suck.

You should really be more creative with the name. (had to take away some of the quote from the post)

Level 7
and, little question: is there any way to replace this map with newer version or i have to make another downloadable map site with blahblahblah...
just can i remove/replace this map?(descriptio too)

Okay, Nice job on the description... Doesn't it make the map look 100x better already? Glad to see you followed some of my tips on how to make a good description - thank-you.

Now I will tell you how to upload the latest version of your map.

First off: Never upload 2 versions of a map to hive because you can update it in the one upload.

Second: There should be an edit map somewhere and that is where you can upload the newer version of the map. Once you have uploaded it, your map will get pushed back to the top of the new maps and it will have the latest map to download.

Thirdly: Once you have done that it will all be the same post as what it was when you first uploaded your map (No new map posts in the maps area required to upload a newer version of a map).

Good-luck with the map,
Lag_Reviews