• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Cidnova Saga, Brother in Arms

Level 8
1656998994340.png

SAGA CIDNOVA: Brother in Arms (WIP)
Created by Nubelial and @trycex

BACKGROUND
The Cidnova continent is at the gates of the next great war, the human kingdoms have been preparing for decades.
Now the Eastern League, made up of independent kingdoms of the empire,
led by wise kings are ready to move the first piece on the board.
FEATURES
  • Play through the first story arc of Cidnova, ? Chapters and ? cinematics.
  • Use the new heroes of the human race to overcome many challenge.
  • Choose your faction! After chapter 1 you will decide to play with the protectors and vigilants humans from Andoria or the brave and discipline humans from Orlian.
  • Pick your difficulty, normal to experience the story with moderate challenge or hard to test your skills.
  • Item system! Find the loot from Cidnova and combine them to create even more powerful items to your heroes.
KNIGHTS OF THE EASTERN LEAGUE
  • Tristan, Champion Knight
  • Bertram, Highlander Knight

SCREENSHOTS
1657000394270.png
1657000600993.png
1657000476720.png

CREDITS
Wandering Soul
HerrDave
Ujimasa Hojo
bark
Stefan.K
Rondo
xorkatoss
Mephestrial
Mike
Hoth
ChevronSeven
Mister_Haudrauf
Em!
HappyTauren
Kuhneghetz
Cavman
Blizzard

Some Details

Developed in 1.27b
It should not cause problems when playing in a higher version
WIP, but we wanted to show you a preview because we will be out of action for a while, we still have a lot to edit, dialogues, models, texts, hero abilities. But for now it is relatively acceptable. Good luck knights.
So I attach the Alpha campaign
1 Prologue
3 Missions
1 Interlude

My partner and I will answer all your questions and comments. And if you're wondering... Yes, it's in the same "world" where Saga Kathmaral takes place.

Attachments

• Cidnova Saga Brother in Arms Alpha.w3n
    12.9 MB · Views: 172
Level 20
Always a pleasure to get more things from you. Played through the alpha campaign.

Overall, even at this stage, the levels we got were very enjoyable.
Here's just a couple of issues I thought I should mention :
  • Lorian (the squire)'s stats are weird. He is intelligence focused, gains more strenghth than intelligence when he levels up, and only has one active ability (and throwing an axe doesn't sound very intelligence focused). I think a squire hero that is more focused on thinking and strategising could be interesting but, in that case, he should get several active abilities (to buff his soldiers for exemple).
  • I really like the idea of ruffians coming out of destroyed rider buildings but the problem is that they also spawn from unfinished destroyed buildings. So any time the enemy tries to rebuild a building and the construction gets interupted, 2 ruffians spawn. So you can very quickly have a dozen ruffians in an almost destroyed base because one builder is being annoying.
  • The different altars are a really great idea. Both to better control which items to combine and for the blessing mechanic (making an offering for a global permanent buff is awesome). They could just use a tutorial.
  • Very secondary but item tier is only indicated on tier 1 items.
Can't wait to see what comes after. :peasant-popcorn:

Level 12
Hi everyone!

Problem on the first level: I finished off the marauders at the bridge, rescued the skirmisher, but then the rocks to the south stayed invulnerable. Or are you supposed to go through the lion cave?
Strange, that never happen before, we need to check trigger.

After a small conversation of Tristan(when you fight the marauders) the rocks should be vulnerable.

Overall, even at this stage, the levels we got were very enjoyable.
Thanks! We will work to make sure that the chapter are enjoyable and have less bs.

About your observations:

1) Yes, Lorian is a new addition(He was created to join Tristan at chapter 4, but he needed badly an early use(both gameplay and lorewise).
All the heroes will get a skill set reworks(except maybe Bertram). :cute:

2) I agree, that's BS, we used the hydra's passive skill. We will use triggers to replicate that "passive bonus" of Ventrir but with only finished buildings. :ugly:

3) We will study that, the Altars are more easy to handle that the infamous scrolls of kathmaral. :xxd:

4) We still are in WIP, also we need add a second special item to create more tier3. :grin:

Can't wait to see what comes after. :peasant-popcorn:
We hope that by august, we create the chapter 4 and 5, where we will show the rest of the tech tree.

Level 28
The second cage Spearman's message calls him a Skirmisher.

Clean Water is called a consumable but is a powerup restoring only the caster's mana.

Rescuing the prisoners should be a sidequest.

I don't like the cursor color, it barely changes when over a neutral/allied unit.

Riderless Horses are invulnerable, the other units aren't.

This one is my fault: if you recruit the soldiers in the south end of town while the "reached the town" conversation is still happening, you recruit them but the skirmisher doesn't talk about the cave and he keeps the exclamation point.
- Edit: it happened to the other one as well even when I waited for the scene to end. I think this is the 1.31 save/load bug (that also happened for the rocks), I'll do the rest of the campaign on 1.30.4.

During the final part, one of the north bandits didn't attack with the others, I had to go look for him.

I'll look over the text and translations issues later, it's understandable so far.

Level 12
Hello cleavinhammer!
Clean Water is called a consumable but is a powerup restoring only the caster's mana.
Can you elaborate?
Rescuing the prisoners should be a sidequest.
Maybe, but I prefer it that way, can happen that miss one of the early cage. For now is low priority.
During the final part, one of the north bandits didn't attack with the others, I had to go look for him.
I will check that, the region of the event maybe is small.
I don't like the cursor color, it barely changes when over a neutral/allied unit.
Yeah... The Bronze hand isn't good, we will change it when we can.

Thanks for mentioned the bugs.
Once I return for my vacations and will share the texts.

Level 28
Uggggghhhhhhhh... Finally beat the second level, with catastrophic losses. I think there might be a problem with attack waves staying in the brown bases, because I often faced about two dozen units when attacking. Not counting the spawned ones from the buildings as previously mentioned.

Lumber upgrade doesn't seem to work, the workers gathered 10 lumber before and after the upgrade.

First Aid tooltip still says Essence of Blight.

Energy Drink tooltip is still Speed Boost and says it increases movespeed.

Item combining at the shrine did nothing.

Catapult model is bugged, aura buffs are attached to the side.

Lorian's troops should rally near the player's castle, they waste too much time getting to the entrances when there's an attack.

Red cliffs don't look good at all with the grass tiles.

Last edited:
Level 8
Uggggghhhhhhhh... Finally beat the second level, with catastrophic losses. I think there might be a problem with attack waves staying in the brown bases, because I often faced about two dozen units when attacking. Not counting the spawned ones from the buildings as previously mentioned.

Lumber upgrade doesn't seem to work, the workers gathered 10 lumber before and after the upgrade.

First Aid tooltip still says Essence of Blight.

Energy Drink tooltip is still Speed Boost and says it increases movespeed.

Item combining at the shrine did nothing.

Catapult model is bugged, aura buffs are attached to the side.

Lorian's troops should rally near the player's castle, they waste too much time getting to the entrances when there's an attack.

Red cliffs don't look good at all with the grass tiles.

Greetings cleavinghammer, thank you for coming back to comment
I admit that the same thing happened to me the first time I tested chapter 2, Yon M. simply has the toughest defense in this region, the amount of horses and bandits they will have lost, trying to beat you cleavinhammer, must have been as high as the number of wendigos that I murdered on another continent.
The idea is to take the south route to make the level easier, but since we don't specify it, anything can happen haha

Well, the update "Orlian" was not carried out successfully, we will correct it for the next patch

It's true, the speed potion should only give attack speed, we will edit those descriptions

If you want to combine at the moment, you can only
Tier 2 + Neptan Ingot
1658007562141.png
At the moment only the tier 1 items are ready, the rest will still receive their update with the next chapters

The catapult model will require the permission of the author and adjust that point... I think we will skip over that detail haha

Lorian should only help you with defense, the idea is just to relieve you of the task. The actual defense will depend on you. Eventually Lorian will not be able to face the bandits as time goes by.

There was no exact coordination when I first made the terrain, so I didn't imagine that everything would be so green, that will be adjusted for the next version, I don't like red cliffs either

Thank you for taking your time to come back to comment,
your comment helps us a lot, the most important thing is that chapter 2 should not be so annoying, I blame my friend.
I told him, if someone decides to go north, the delicate balance of the universe will be weakened and will end up causing the death of thousands of men.
@trycex : It will be fine :peasant-resident-sleeper:

The next chapter I think is one of my best maps, I hope you enjoy it
Keep fighting.

Level 28
I did go around the south on one attempt yeah, the problem is that then the attack wave can plow through base defenses with near impunity (and is it me, or do the oranges use the north entrance once the browns are gone?).

Also the horse archers who keep getting rebuilt and sent to the ledge along the north approach to the base, because they aggro your units, who then end up walking through the towers' range, then kiting the brown defenders to the rest of the army...

I'll have to try again with the other faction, the blacksmith seems a lot more useful than the brewer.

Level 12
Thank you for your feedback @cleavinghammer !

Besides the bugs, it's seen that the teal AI is more annoying than it need to. The next week, I will move some stuff and balance others.

I need to add the fact that the campaign still haven't difficulty modes, once I add the normal and hard mode I believe that many problems of balance will be fixed.

I'll have to try again with the other faction, the blacksmith seems a lot more useful than the brewer.
Well the Blacksmith is more expensive than the Brewer, but I will study how balance his spells.

I told him, if someone decides to go north, the delicate balance of the universe will be weakened and will end up causing the death of thousands of men.
@trycex : It will be fine :peasant-resident-sleeper:
:ogre_datass:

Level 28
3rd level:

... What IS Rule 4?

Terrain looks much better.

Invictus Shield says it gives AOE Slow, it actually gives Silence.

The pathway to the altar only opened after the second time I passed by (possibly because I had both free units then).

Pre-Vespursa cinematic is unskippable.

Vespursa's shadow is too small.

Vespursa's corpse disappears instantly after you kill it.

The noise didn't play during the final cinematic.

First and last letters from STOP CHEATING are removed by the terrain.

... aaaaaarrrgggg now I gotta wait for the update.

Level 12
What IS Rule 4?
We won't never know :zip:
Invictus Shield says it gives AOE Slow, it actually gives Silence.
@Nubelial :ogre_icwydt:
Luckily, the tier 3 items will be get some rebalanced and updates.
The pathway to the altar only opened after the second time I passed by (possibly because I had both free units then).
Can you elaborate more?
After your first visit to the altar, if you reach the final segment, a shortcut will be open.
Still, I will check it when I can.
Pre-Vespursa cinematic
I knew it that I forget something :ugly:
aaaaaarrrgggg now I gotta wait for the update.
That's the sacrifice that one must be pay for play and test a project on development. :cry:

Level 28
Altar: I went once with Cecille (getting the stream elemental and sacrificing 1000 lumber), and played until I reached the end of the map (the save warning before the exploding barrel).

Then I went to the altar again with Bertram (there really should be an indication that using different heroes gets different results, I did that entirely by coincidence), got the golem and combined the items (item tooltips should state whether they can be combined).

And as I went back towards the level's end for the second time, that's when the shortcut opened.

Level 12
Altar: I went once with Cecille (getting the stream elemental and sacrificing 1000 lumber), and played until I reached the end of the map (the save warning before the exploding barrel).

Then I went to the altar again with Bertram (there really should be an indication that using different heroes gets different results, I did that entirely by coincidence), got the golem and combined the items (item tooltips should state whether they can be combined).

And as I went back towards the level's end for the second time, that's when the shortcut opened.
Thank you! I need to check those events then.

BTW, the summoned creatures depend of the carried item to the altar rather than the hero itself.

Level 7
tested this it's very good even better then your first campaign we got a few plot holes but all the rest is great good hereos unique abilities and gameplay keep the great work

Level 3
Hello, I've played the campaign's demo and find it a very nice project. I've took the liberty to make a note for every bug found in the game, which I've posted below:

• Tristan’s aura can heal mechanical units too. Is that intended? If yes, my suggestion is to remove mechanical units, because it make too easy defending the Prisioner Cage, since it can heal after any unit dies.
  • There are some grammal errors in the items descriptions
  • Coyote attacks with the Marauders and its needed to die for the quest be completed. But he still appears alive in the ending cinematics. Maybe is better he only appears in the cinematics before and after the attack, instead of participating of the attack?

• The upgrade Thick Armor have the icon of the aura, not of the upgrade.
  • Brown hero doesn’t have hero aura
  • First Aid effect on the units is called Essence of Blight
  • Meditation effect on units have its description on Spanish
  • Toldrian Bane effect is called Faerie Fire
  • I think there should be an hint or introduction to Cid’s shrine about what is and the rewards of every option

• A suggestion for a optional quest is don’t let any of your units be killed by the forest creatures. It could make the game more hard but rewardful if the player can make with all units to the Toldrian’s base.
  • If the Toldrians (red AI) attack the Kharyans, they become hostile to the player and Cecile says: What part of “don’t attack the Kharyans” don’t you understand? As if the player have attacked them, instead of the Toldrians.
  • What is the objective of the Kharyans in this chapter besides attacking the player if they are attacked by the same?
  • If Bertram or Cecile dies, the game still continues.
  • Why have two types of the same Gallial unit? One have magic damage and light armor and the other have normal damage and heavy armor.

That's it! Keep your great work and I expect these observations can help you!

Level 12
Hello! Thank you for come back and give us some feedback!

Chapter 1
  • Tristan’s aura can heal mechanical units too. Is that intended? If yes, my suggestion is to remove mechanical units, because it make too easy defending the Prisioner Cage, since it can heal after any unit dies.
  • There are some grammal errors in the items descriptions
  • Coyote attacks with the Marauders and its needed to die for the quest be completed. But he still appears alive in the ending cinematics. Maybe is better he only appears in the cinematics before and after the attack, instead of participating of the attack?
-That was a bug, I already fixed.
-Can you give us some examples?
-If he doesn't attack, the last wave it would be easy and he is a recurrent minor enemy. That's why the lucky bastard survive, no once but twice!

Chapter 2
  • The upgrade Thick Armor have the icon of the aura, not of the upgrade.
  • Brown hero doesn’t have hero aura
  • First Aid effect on the units is called Essence of Blight
  • Meditation effect on units have its description on Spanish
  • Toldrian Bane effect is called Faerie Fire
  • I think there should be an hint or introduction to Cid’s shrine about what is and the rewards of every option
-Indeed, most of the icons aren't final. Eventually we will create icons to upgrades and spells.
-Noted, We changed him to other model.
-Fixed.
-Sorry I'm totally lost here.
-The spell still is in WIP.
-Indeed, maybe in the end we will add an additional button choice that explain how the shrine works. (Their Blessings and how to combine items).

Chapter 3
  • A suggestion for a optional quest is don’t let any of your units be killed by the forest creatures. It could make the game more hard but rewardful if the player can make with all units to the Toldrian’s base.
  • If the Toldrians (red AI) attack the Kharyans, they become hostile to the player and Cecile says: What part of “don’t attack the Kharyans” don’t you understand? As if the player have attacked them, instead of the Toldrians.
  • What is the objective of the Kharyans in this chapter besides attacking the player if they are attacked by the same?
  • If Bertram or Cecile dies, the game still continues.
  • Why have two types of the same Gallial unit? One have magic damage and light armor and the other have normal damage and heavy armor.
-I will think about, maybe we change something in the end of chapter 3.
-Thank you! That didn't happen before, you use "iseedeadpeople" by chance? Regardless, I can fix that.
-Spoiler
There is an event that I couldn't finish to that version, if you don't kill the kharyans, in the end you will receive a tier2 item with agility theme stats. If you in the other hand kill 4-8 kharyans there is no reward to you. IF you kill them all, in the end you will be ambush by really angry and strong kharyan.
-Thanks! I totally forgot to add a defeat condition.
-Yes, there is two type of Gallials, one land melee and other flyer ranged, sadly in our library of models, we only have the original gallial, later add a new model.

That's it! Keep your great work and I expect these observations can help you!
Thanks! Definitely will help us.

I want to say that we already are updating the database (new units, spells, etc) and the concept of the chapter 4, also our little boy Lorian the Rookie officer received his rework, But I will speak more about him later.

See you later.

Level 12
hey matey is there going to be a new update soon looking forward to it
Hi!

Sorry but actually Nubelial is unavailable(he is the one who create the terrain and models) so meanwhile I'm just update the database with the new units, enemies, upgrades, etc.

I really hope that before the end of august we update the post with a new version(2 more chapters), because after that, I won't be available for a long time.

Level 12
Hi everyone! :grin:

I sadly need to say that we couldn't advance in this time and I will be unavailable for some months, so the development of the project will take a pause. :cry:

With lucky the we could return before the end of the year. I believe that in meantime Nubelial will be working on the skins and models of the units, alongside the design of chapter 4 and some rework of the heroes skills. :mwahaha:

I thank you for all your feedback and support, there is still much things to do, ideas to make and stories to tell. :cute:

Until we meet again.

Level 19
I loved Kathmaral so I tested this one too and here is my feedback, and as always :
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NICKPICKING INCOMING !

-Played on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-

-it's funny the elf is a « rockie officer » does it mean he's a down-on-his-luck boxer ? :smile:
-I like the Bertram model with his fancy hat and earring but the animation is a bit strange for a spear, and maybe lose the book as he doesn't seem the bookish type (if you made or know who made the model)
-the pink fog in the cutscenes looks weird
-the intro is really vague and talks of people we don't even see, in the beginning I assume they're talking about the black haired archmage that gives the prisoner at the end ?
-I really like the buffalo model
-the terraining/map layout doesn't feel natural compared to Kathmaral, especially the water parts
-there is a lot of unused space on the map
-the « trap » is weird, is the beast some kind of shapeshifter or are animals that smart in this world ? is it the same in map 3 also ?
-I suppose the « heroic deed » is freeing units from cages ? Make it a sidequest
-the healing ability is really powerful, once you have 2 healers it's easy mode
-the spawned waves flanking you is an interesting mechanic but can really screw you over in tight passages : I went to the area behind the cave and was caught between a surprisingly well defended camp and the attack wave and lost almost all my group before managing to pull back... I should have been more careful I guess :hohum:
-it's nice to have the option to get more info before choosing a faction
-I can't say I like the orange tile, it looks like you're on a giant carrot :gg:
-for some reason there is an invisible wall that prevents me from going where the civilians are
-the spawned units after Every. Single. Building dies are annoying, you really need a spell to get rid of summons or tone them down (only from towers maybe)
-a human mercenary with a troll voice is :eekani:
-the catapults are a bit hard to select
-I take it back, the OP healing is needed here :gg:
-it's a custom sky isn't it ? Nice
-the archer's voice would probably better fit Cecille than the huntress with the big kitty noises
-the terraining is super pretty, the best with vanilla doodads I've seen since Ascension campaign – do you have a trick to make a cliff still under water with the level below under water too like in the northeast part of the map ? I sometimes can do it but it seems random, water placement in general is very finnicky in the editor :sad:
-the defensive/offensive buff from the scroll is in spanish
-the giant waterlilies and rocks look bad IMO, better keep them at normal size and put more of them
-at the battle between humans and murlocks there is a bit of unreachable terrain around a murlock so you can't engage him in melee, could be water level but doesn't look too deep...
-having roots above your units looks cool when exploring, but don't put big fights where you can't see units ! (spider nest)
-the moths are a pain ! Between putting your units to sleep and avoiding damage + you can't attack them in melee unlike other flyers on this map : if you didn't choose the faction with nets you're screwed or you have to wait forever to kill them
-creating shortcuts on this kind of maps is always welcome :thumbs_up:
-I don't know how secret the caves are supposed to be, but someone who didn't play your previous campaign might miss them completely and miss half the map
-the tiny ramp at the outpost is not something I like, I know you like to have the enemy towers be on higher position and usually it's not too bad but here it's a bit too much for my taste because the pathfinding is questionable
-there is no game over if you lose every unit (boss fight)
-the advice of Bertram is terrible for the boss fight, it's much better to focus on the orcs first if you've lost some units or they will all die and the boss is hard without support
-at the end cinematic when your units are rooted by the orcs the effect is on their head instead of their feet

-it's strange that king Cynric can't stay for a few hours more to attend an important council
-at the council cutscene maybe have units face each other when they argue or have the camera focus on who's talking to make it more dynamic/easier to get who's who, that's a lot of unknown characters
-maybe make an animation when people get angry at the jackass paladin

A really good start, but for now the story is going in 2 different ways and feels disjointed – I suppose the 2 storylines join later.
Also I would have preferred to see the continuation of Kathmaral instead of the beginning of a new story, because both are just a prologue right now :sad:

Level 12
Hello! Thanks again for testing our project. I will answer what I can.

-it's funny the elf is a « rockie officer » does it mean he's a down-on-his-luck boxer ? :smile:
-I like the Bertram model with his fancy hat and earring but the animation is a bit strange for a spear, and maybe lose the book as he doesn't seem the bookish type (if you made or know who made the model)
-the pink fog in the cutscenes looks weird
-Mistakes! He should be a Rookie officer, I always has a problem trying to write the word LOL, BTW he isn't a elf.
-Everyone love Bertram and his fancy hat(except his enemies), that is more a halbeir than a spear, but is a polearm anyway. The book inlore is a guide for every beast that he slain.
-Some early experiment, I forget about some stuff.

-the intro is really vague and talks of people we don't even see, in the beginning I assume they're talking about the black haired archmage that gives the prisoner at the end ?
-I really like the buffalo model
-the terraining/map layout doesn't feel natural compared to Kathmaral, especially the water parts
-the « trap » is weird, is the beast some kind of shapeshifter or are animals that smart in this world ? is it the same in map 3 also ?
-I suppose the « heroic deed » is freeing units from cages ? Make it a sidequest
-the healing ability is really powerful, once you have 2 healers it's easy mode
-the spawned waves flanking you is an interesting mechanic but can really screw you over in tight passages : I went to the area behind the cave and was caught between a surprisingly well defended camp and the attack wave and lost almost all my group before managing to pull back... I should have been more careful I guess :hohum:

-Totally right! The intro was a mess with many unncesary dialogue, eventually would be change for some manageable.
  • :D
  • Really? We tried to make somekind of desert or steppe, and there some villages(that's why the water, like a river)
-You speak about the terkatan(puma/tiger) and the jail? The maraudres put the soldier near to the beast's den. So once something makde noises, the beast attack.
-It's a scrapped mechanic about Karma or something like that, with some secret like if you do something right, the you get bonus.
-Maybe, bewteen both heroes and the support unit, but if someone lack of microskill, you will lose many units.
-The ambush were added because if no, then the peole just will put the prisoner cage in a safe place meanwhile clean the area.

-it's nice to have the option to get more info before choosing a faction
-I can't say I like the orange tile, it looks like you're on a giant carrot :gg:
-for some reason there is an invisible wall that prevents me from going where the civilians are
-the spawned units after Every. Single. Building dies are annoying, you really need a spell to get rid of summons or tone them down (only from towers maybe)
-a human mercenary with a troll voice is :eekani:
-the catapults are a bit hard to select
-I take it back, the OP healing is needed here :gg:
-Yeah, after Kathmaral, if we are sting using the faction mechanic, we need to add what the player will get.
-LOL, another experiment with the terrain.
-Probably some small details.
-Yeah, that is a broken mechanic, the AI is stupid and smart enough to used very will, it would remade.
- :mwahaha:
-It's a problem with the model, too bad that we loved that model but I belive that we can't edit it.
-Remember a Frontal assault against the main base it's always a bad idea.

-it's a custom sky isn't it ? Nice
-the archer's voice would probably better fit Cecille than the huntress with the big kitty noises
-the terraining is super pretty, the best with vanilla doodads I've seen since Ascension campaign – do you have a trick to make a cliff still under water with the level below under water too like in the northeast part of the map ? I sometimes can do it but it seems random, water placement in general is very finnicky in the editor :sad:
-the defensive/offensive buff from the scroll is in spanish
-the giant waterlilies and rocks look bad IMO, better keep them at normal size and put more of them
-at the battle between humans and murlocks there is a bit of unreachable terrain around a murlock so you can't engage him in melee, could be water level but doesn't look too deep...
-having roots above your units looks cool when exploring, but don't put big fights where you can't see units ! (spider nest)
-the moths are a pain ! Between putting your units to sleep and avoiding damage + you can't attack them in melee unlike other flyers on this map : if you didn't choose the faction with nets you're screwed or you have to wait forever to kill them
-creating shortcuts on this kind of maps is always welcome :thumbs_up:
-I don't know how secret the caves are supposed to be, but someone who didn't play your previous campaign might miss them completely and miss half the map
-the tiny ramp at the outpost is not something I like, I know you like to have the enemy towers be on higher position and usually it's not too bad but here it's a bit too much for my taste because the pathfinding is questionable
-there is no game over if you lose every unit (boss fight)
-the advice of Bertram is terrible for the boss fight, it's much better to focus on the orcs first if you've lost some units or they will all die and the boss is hard without support
-at the end cinematic when your units are rooted by the orcs the effect is on their head instead of their feet

-it's strange that king Cynric can't stay for a few hours more to attend an important council
-at the council cutscene maybe have units face each other when they argue or have the camera focus on who's talking to make it more dynamic/easier to get who's who, that's a lot of unknown characters
-maybe make an animation when people get angry at the jackass paladin

-Yes, it is. Our first Custom sky.
-You are right, but my option were sylvanas(and I don't want that she speak about elves) or a Archer that sound less heroic than the huntress.
-That is something that I can't answer, all the terrain are made by @Nubelial, he is the artist of the two.
-Mistakes!
-We used so many doodads, that why we made some bigger.
-Probably a mistake during the map making, that and the fact that the murlocs can swim doesn't help.
-That was our evil plan all along.
-You though that the final boss would be the Giant bear or enemy army? But it was us, the moths!
-A really QoL change, it would be stupid just return all the way just to created an item or the buff.
-The micro maps rewards the exploring.
-Yeah, some place become a little to hard to handle sometimes.
-The advice is that let Bertram tank the boss(and alone) and the troops kill the orcs, because the Boss has two AoE skills that can easly kill all your melee troops(an AoE stun and a cleave(100% or more) attack. Once the orcs are death you can focus the bear(its you attack the bear with everyone, he will stun the troops and the orcs you skill your backline.
-Never fix that.
-I know, we where bewteen let Cynric be there(and remake all the dialogue) or that he show some trust with his friend Reginald and his knight Bertram so they will accept any about the council.
-Agree.
-LOLOLOLOL, you are probably right about it.

A really good start, but for now the story is going in 2 different ways and feels disjointed – I suppose the 2 storylines join later.
Also I would have preferred to see the continuation of Kathmaral instead of the beginning of a new story, because both are just a prologue right now :sad:
I agree with the feeling of "story is going in 2 different ways and feels disjointed", there is something in BIA that the story advanced too fast or changed very hard of objectives, everything would be answer in the rest of the chapter, but we stop the project because we felt that Cidnova Brother in arms is like a mid game rather that early game(we start fighthing dirty bandits with horse and soon we made a bait and switch of a rival kingdom to a magical orcs that created giants monsters LOL)

I know that many want that we continue kathmaral(It will be done! I hope so, but no yet, we aren't ready to return to kathmaral). At this moment we are preparing something with cidnova(which is actually a prequel of kathmaral).

Level 26
I'm just looking around, and found your campaign from the past. If you have any info or update, please share with us.
+ I liked your ideas implemented in @RvP21's campaign. Keep it up! Hope you are going to be a good and long lived Warlord in the Fairsight Clan ;))

Level 8
I'm just looking around, and found your campaign from the past. If you have any info or update, please share with us.
+ I liked your ideas implemented in @RvP21's campaign. Keep it up! Hope you are going to be a good and long lived Warlord in the Fairsight Clan ;))
Cidnova is still in progress, we threw out many ideas but eventually we arrived at our best collection.
Although i wouldn't like to give dates, I think that in about 3 months we will upload something more than "3 simple chapters", it will be something much bigger.
The only clue I will give is the campaign takes place many years before Kathmral (too many years :thumbs_up:)

Level 26
Cidnova is still in progress, we threw out many ideas but eventually we arrived at our best collection.
Although i wouldn't like to give dates, I think that in about 3 months we will upload something more than "3 simple chapters", it will be something much bigger.
The only clue I will give is the campaign takes place many years before Kathmral (too many years :thumbs_up:)
That's very good news! Can you share with us, which version of WCIII on you guys developing it?

Level 12
Hello Huanjuan!

As my friend said, we passed for a brainstorm and try to created 2 other campaigns, but we didn't feel totally sure, but now we have a new idea and we are working with that. When we are ready we gonna created a new post with new info and stuff. :ogre_datass:

I glad that I can help him in his campaign and looking forward to his new one. It was a nice touch that he include me as a npc :grin:
That's very good news! Can you share with us, which version of WCIII on you guys developing it?
We gonna stick with the patch 1.27 so everyone and their mothers can play the campaign, I personally hopes that blizzard show up something good this year for reforged then we could evaluate if we jump to a new version or not.

We are working in the new models/skins as well, if you see my avatar is the new model for one of the units from cidnova.