• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(1) Nameless - One Orc's Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
(1) Nameless - One Orc's Saga RPG

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/nameless-one-orcs-saga-104988/

Nameless - One Orc's Saga is a single player campaign RPG that I have been developing for quite a while now. It is designed to be similar to the Frozen Throne Orc campaign - easy to jump into and play. It does not utilize extremely complicated systems, but still uses unique elements.

This campaign includes two maps at the moment - a Prologue and Chapter I. Together they constitute about 3 hours of gameplay.

You play as Nameless - an orc who awakens in a dungeon with no memory of his past or who he is. After befriending a fellow prisoner, the two fight their captors and work to escape into the wild.

FEATURES
-Guide Nameless and his allies through a dungeon and the wild.
-Utilize unique spells and abilities, all of which are, to some extent, trigger-based - none of them are clones of existing abilities
-Fight dynamic bosses - they don't just sit there and autoattack!
-Join up with up to three other heroes along the way, for a total party of up to 4 completely unique and new units.
-A weapons and armor system
-Unique items
-A developing storyline and engrossing world

By the end of the Prologue, you will control two heroes, Nameless and Sigismund. By the end of Chapter I, you will have a choice of up to 5 heroes. Your party can contain a maximum of 4, so choose wisely.

As mentioned under Features, none of the abilities used by your Heroes are clones of existing abilities. For example:

Nameless' Abilities:
Not-So-Trivial Pursuit: The Nameless Heroes moves so fast between two points. The action occurs so fast that it seems to take place instantaneously. All enemies within a small radius of the Hero's starting an ending positions take damage and are stunned.

Inner Focus: The Hero enters a state of extreme focus. While activated, the Nameless Hero gains a chance to dodge attacks and deal extra damage with each melee strike. Drains mana until deactivated.

Nerves of Steel (passive): Increases the Hero's life regeneration rate and reduces the damage he takes from enemy spells.

Sundering Maelstrom: The Hero strikes at nearby targets for a short period of time, dealing damage each second and reducing their armor.

Sigismund:
Divine Anointment: The Templar appeals to the Heavens to aid a single ally. The target is healed and gains an armor bonus for a short period of time.

Crusader's Benediction (passive): The Templar's attacks are imbued with the Heavens' favor. Each melee strike restores mana to the Templar and his nearby allies. Undead attacked in this manner take extra damage.

Penance: Can be cast on an ally or enemy. The target recovers a significant amount of health over a short period of time, but cannot attack, move, or cast spells for the duration of the spell.

Aegis of the Archangel: An Archangel descends to aid the hero and his allies. Nearby enemies are forced to attack the Templar, and each melee attack made against the Templar is reduced by X. The reduced damage is reflected back to the attacker.

Please note that all of these features and spells are IN THE CAMPAIGN and FULLY PLAYABLE. Future chapters will include more hero options, different environments, and more items. Each future chapter will also be 256x256 in size, and perhaps larger.

Image1.jpg Image3.jpg Image4.jpg Image8.jpg Image9.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks for the input. I definitely encourage that you try it out, though.

Oh, I probably should have mentioned that while it only contains the Prologue and Chapter I, the campaign so far has a good 3 hours of gameplay in it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Another update. I added a Resurrection system for Chapter I. It works the same way as the Resurrection Stones from the Frozen Throne Orc campaign - if one of your living heroes approaches a Resurrection Stone, then after a few moments all of your dead heroes will be revived.

I also threw in a few extra health and mana potions to the Prologue, and these are in more obvious locations and drop from more obvious enemies and destructibles.

EDIT: ANOTHER update, this time fixing various bugs and putting more items in destructibles in Chapter I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.