• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Chronicles of Time ~ Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'll make one real quick turn off the trigger and check but it should and it wont cause any issues with anything
Just trying to make things a little less messy trigger wise for you seeing how but what you're saying you'll be lucky if you aren't looking at 100+ triggers per map just the Baby to Mature triggers when you can take out the triggers and put it as a skill and nothing else

What Editor are you using to make this campaign?
Cause when I went to open the ability tab I made the Metamorphosis skill but the info in it was like 10 miles long with only 1 lvl when I should be able to fit it all onto my screen without a issue

I'll send the map (Had to export it to get it to work)

Level 13
Wouldn't take long to make the two evolutions into one trigger right now though the leveling part needs to be fixed
Could probaly make the trigger and PM it to you wouldn't take long for me to do
Guess Kris is finaly going to give me what I need to work on the units more better (the resource system)
Till than I have free time to do anything I want

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Chamber gains a lvl
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Bear
        • Then - Actions
          • Insert Skill Add (For Change)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wolf/Tiger
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mammoth
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions

Slight change to fit all of them in to one
  • Resources += 40
  • If start animal was = ???
  • than do this
  • Else
    • than do this
    • Else
      • than do this
      • Else

Level 16
I made a little trigger in a minute
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set Item[(Integer A)] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)
          • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
          • Unit - Create 1 Knight for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hero - Give Item[(Integer B)] to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
it's so leaky but for an example it's okay

Level 13
Issue with that Leveling is part of the system but it triggers it all
Leveling gives the Main unit a ability you click the unit and pick which evolution you want
the evolution being a skill
so (Blanked out types for a reason!)
Wouldn't this be the way to do it?

• Evolutiuon Tier 1 Begin
    • Events
      • Unit - Evolution Chamber 0028 <gen> Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Your creatures are ...
      • Unit - Add Evolve ?? (Reasons)
      • Unit - Add Evolve ?? (Reasons)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • Resources[1] Greater than or equal to 40
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Evolve ???
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off ??? Conversion <gen>
          • Set Resources[1] = (Resources[1] - 40)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for ResourcesMultiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (String(Resources[1]))
          • Unit - Replace Units
          • Unit - Replace Units
          • Unit - Replace Units
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c0097FC4BCongradul...
          • Unit - Remove Evolve ??? from (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Evolve ???
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Turn off ??? Conversion <gen>
              • Set Resources[1] = (Resources[1] - 40)
              • Multiboard - Set the text for ResourcesMultiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (String(Resources[1]))
              • Unit - Replace Units
              • Unit - Replace Units
              • Unit - Replace Units
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c0097FC4BCongradul...
            • Else - Actions

Level 13
Nevermind just though about something
Once the unit gains a level its also possible to stop EXP gain
than once a skill that is a evolution is used turn it back up to 100% EXP gain
Guess there are ways around what I just said XD

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=P just got on and read the discussion.
1.) I'm using JNPG because I use the no-limit thing on a few of my maps.
2.) Thanks for sending me an example of what you meant.

The evolution system refers to more than just turning into a new creature (not telling the rest atm), but anyways....
The way I have the leveling up system for the evolution chamber set up atm is that all except the first trigger in the level up area are turned off. So the chamber gains a level then the trigger plays, turns on the next trigger, then turns itself off. (It works so-far)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Alright, heres a quick update with two videos. It shows off what's done so-far (well most of whats done). Currently resuming work on the campaign today.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Update:

-Created the evolutions for the other two creatures
-Finished the foraging system (minus one bug)
-Slow progress due to school

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yep lol... I quit wc3 for awhile again and just got back again.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nah I hate SC2. I just get bored of triggering and thinking of new systems so I quit every few months.

Level 12
Nah I hate SC2. I just get bored of triggering and thinking of new systems so I quit every few months.

i hate SC2 too, fuc* those stupid stunning grapics, in wc3 we can make a handa maded stuning grapics, thats why i love wc3 :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Alright guys, just to show I'm not slacking off to much I've re-made every system so I can easily add new creatures (the huge amount of work needed to add them before kinda stirred me away from working on the map) to the map.
There isn't anything really new, but I still need you guys to do some testing to make sure everything still works.
I've also fixed the multiple food bug thats been around for awhile.

Heres how to open the map:
-Open WE
-Open the Campaign Editor
-Open EV1 Campaign
-Right click on Map01 and select edit
-Test the map

So heres the map.

Attachments

• Ev1.w3n
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This seems interesting, so you grew interest to history and stuff eh? xP how many campaigns will there be? and are you turkish?

=P

I have all the plans for 3+ campaigns with 3-5 maps in each, the maps will have mixed genres and stuff. ATM I'm just really stuck on ideas for cavemen and snowball earth animals for the upgrading system so if you have even the tiniest
ideas post them!

Also, nope I'm Canadain. Livin in NB now!

Level 12
=P

I have all the plans for 3+ campaigns with 3-5 maps in each, the maps will have mixed genres and stuff. ATM I'm just really stuck on ideas for cavemen and snowball earth animals for the upgrading system so if you have even the tiniest
ideas post them!

Also, nope I'm Canadain. Livin in NB now!

what kind of upgrading system are we talking about? xP well, a mammoth model would be perfect for snowball earth lol xP does time pass with every map in a campaign? so lets say, if there was sabertooth tiger in first map, there will be a normal one in the next map, is this the upgrade?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Well heres how it works as of now for Map01 (Snowball Earth).

-You pick your creature
-You pick your blood type (warm or cold) *I might remove this.
-You pick your food type (Omnivore=Easy, Herbivore=Medium, Carnivore=Hard).
-Havent quite figured out the bulk that gos here.
-You gather food (Killing animals and gathering plants give XP)
-When you gather enough food the "EVOLUTION CHAMBER" unit will level up and allow you to evolve your animal, only the first and second evolution on two creatures is ready.

I'm probably going to make Map01 end by reaching a certain stage of evolution or something.

As for Map05 you control a small family of cave people and you must fight off their sworn enemies...The Neanderthals! of course it wont be that simple. You will need to gather:
-stone
-hides
-wood
-food
and many other materials to create better weapons and armor and technologies, Map05 is pretty much your standard RTS with a little bit of RPG mixed in. ATM there are 5-7 resources (can't remember them all right now...)
Throughout Map05 you need to keep the "fire" alive so your people can stay warm, if the "fire" dies your people die.

Finally, for the whole structure of the first few maps (campaign 1) it will be a fight to surive and evolve. The next campaign leads to larger more tough management of people, buildings, cities, countries, cvilizations... I'm pretty much attempting to create the "Ultimate RTS" game that I want to make if I ever get the chance to. The whole basis of the campaigns will be to make you grow somewhat attached to the creatures and people that you are going to be working so hard to help survive and then it will expand into a few different mini-stories which will then lead into the grand finale.

Level 27
Map01 and Map05? Could you tell a bit more about those three between them?

Your idea is great, but, well, will you keep evolving in the later stages too? I mean, not biologically, but technologically - will you have to discover new technologies at the civilization stage, some of which could impact the gameplay a lot?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Here is my old text file of notes about all of the maps.
WARNING: This will be very hard for some people to read, and information from the later maps may be inaccurate.

CAMPAIGN #1, PREHISTORY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_prehistory <---------this is the wikki refrence for this series
The below three will deal with controling dinosaurs and helping them survive the harsh climates.
1/\580 million years ago: end of a possible Snowball Earth ice age [Create ideas from this wikki area]
2/\315 million years ago: the evolution of the first reptiles. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
CINEMATIC CUTSCENE/\65 million years ago: Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event at the end of the [Create ideas from this wikki area]
The below levels deal with helping your people survive throughout the prehistoric age
3 Level is set in AFRICA/\1.5 million years ago: earliest possible evidence of the controlled use of fire by Homo erectus [Create ideas from this wikki area]
5 CAVEMAN LEVEL/\50,000 years ago: Modern humans spread from Asia to the Near East. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
6 More advanced Caveman level (better technology & camp is near ocean)/\40,000 years ago: Cro-Magnon colonisation of Europe. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
7 Last battle between your cavemen and Neanderthauls/\29,000 years ago: extinction of Homo neanderthalensis. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
8 Your people are migrating south to warmer climates because of the ICE AGE, hunting mammoths must be included/\21,000 years ago: Last Glacial Maximum [Create ideas from this wikki area]
9 Your people have settled in Anatolia/\9,500 years ago: Çatal Höyük urban settlement founded in Anatolia [Create ideas from this wikki area]
10 CINEMATIC CUTSCENE, shows the invention of the wheel and writing/\7,000 years ago: late Neolithic civilizations, invention of the wheel and spread of proto-writing. [Create ideas from this wikki area]

CAMPAIGN #2, ANCIENT HISTORY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_ancient_history
CINEMATIC CUTSCENE, your people have been forced out of their homeland (country:Anatolia). They end up setteling in Egypt, sets up player for 1st level [Create ideas from this wikki area]
1 Deals with founding a new home in egypt/\4250 BC: the earliest known date, the beginning of the Egyptian calendar. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
2 Your people have grown powerful over the part 1150 years, deals with founding dynasty (U vs other factions that want power)/\3100 BC: First dynasty of Egypt. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
3 CINEMATIC CUTSCENE, after 900 prosperous years you decendant of the first pharoh have been overthrown by your people and exiled to the far east/\2200 BC: completion of Stonehenge.[Create ideas from this wikki area]
4 SHORT CUTSCENE THEN PLAY LEVEL, Since your grandfather father was exiled years ago you have journeyed far and rose to power in this new land, END THIS LEVEL WITH MAIN CHARACTERS DEATH/\2070 BC: Yu the Great established the Xia Dynasty in China. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
5 UNLOCKABLE MINI-CINEMATIC, shows Yu the Great's funeral along with the ghosts of his ancestors from all previous levels standing on a cliff watching his funeral pyre burn, yu appears as a ghost and is greated by ancestors at the end. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
6 SHORT CINEMATIC DETAILING END OF TROJAN WAR THEN LEAD INTO GAME PLAY ALSO INTRODUCE THE NEW MAIN CHARACTER, base most of the storyline off of(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey), most of the level is a single player RPG about surviging on an island with amnesia, ends with being rescoed by the guys from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey) DATE: 1180BC [Create ideas from this wikki area]
7 UNLOCKABLE MINI-CINEMATIC DETAILING THAT THE NEW MAIN CHARACTER IS ACTUALLY A DESCENDANT OF THE EGYPTIAN ROYAL THAT WAS EXILED TO THE EAST [Create ideas from this wikki area]
8 Descendant of main char saved in the ODDESY is big part in rise of persia, deals with fighting off the Romans and Egyptians/\653 BC: Rise of Persian Empire [Create ideas from this wikki area]
9 Main char from founding persia is main char here, deals with unleashing an ANCIENT EVIL and attempting to keep it from destroying NINEVEH (your current capitol)/\612 BC: Attributed date of the destruction of Nineveh and subsequent fall of Assyria. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
10 SINGLE PLAYER RPG, decendant of char who failed to save NINEVEH is continuing the battle in 549BC, ends with destorying the ANCENT EVIL and has a MINI CINEMATIC at the end
11 SHOWS THE FOUNDING OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE/\550 BC: Foundation of the Persian Empire by Cyrus the Great [Create ideas from this wikki area]

CAMPAIGN #3, ANCIENT HISTORY->MIDEVAL HISTORY->MODERN HISTORY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_ancient_history -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_mediaeval_history -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_early_modern_history
1 OPENS WITH EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN PERSIA AND ROME, ENDS WITH PERSIA BEING DESTROYED(DESCANDANT OF GUY FROM LAST LEVEL IN CAMPAIGN #2 verses ALEXANDER THE GREAT)/\331 BC: Alexander the Great defeats Darius III of Persia in the Battle of Gaugamela. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
2 PLAYER THRUST FORWARD INTO TIME, NOW THE FIRST KING OF ENGLAND BASE THIS LEVEL OFF OF THE KINGS LIFE, ENDS WITH MINI-CINEMATIC SHOWING KINGS DEATH/\Alfred the Great assumes the throne, the first king of a united England. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
3 THRUST FORWARD IN TIME AGAIN, FAR DOWN THE LINE DESCENDANT OF THE DEAD KING HAS JOINED THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR (HE IS SCOTTISH), this level deals with protecting travilers and other similar stuff. Ends with him being discharged from knights and returning to scotland./\The Knights Templar are founded to protect Jerusalem and European pilgrims on their journey to the city. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
4 THRUST FORWARD AGAIN, DESCANDANT OF LAST GUY IS WILLIAM WALLACE, JUST COPY THE MOVIE ROUGHLY/\William Wallace emerges as the leader of the Scottish resistance to England. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
5 AFTER WALLACES DEATH, FINISH UP HIS BATTLE/\Robert the Bruce restores Scotland's de facto independence at the Battle of Bannockburn. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
6 LONG-ISH CINEMATIC ABOUT CHRISTOPHER COLUMBIS REACHING NEW WORLD/\Christopher Columbus reaches the New World. Regarded by many historians as the end of the Middle Ages. [Create ideas from this wikki area]
7 DEALS WITH THE NATIVES, SECURING RESOURCES, BATTLEING THE ELEMENTS, ETC... LEADER OF GROUP IS DESCENDANT OF WILLIAM WALLACE/\1607: Founding of the Colony of Virginia [Create ideas from this wikki area]
8 SKIPS TO THE ISLA OF MALTA WHERE ANOTHER DESCANTAND OF WILLIAM WALLACE IS DEFENDING AGAINST THE OTTOMANS, DEALS WITH RESOURCES AND STUFF/\http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Malta_(1565) [Create ideas from this wikki area]

Yes. Throughout the entire game there will always be the "evolving" factor. BTW most of the information about all the descendant stuff above has been scraped.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=P Figured you would.

Well I'm not sure, for some reason I wanted to (can't remember why now...). I've actually been planning this game for the past few yrs (not much planning but enough for the basic idea), I wanted it to be a "real" game (not made in another game's editor).
The whole idea is that it is the Ultimate RTS game that spans the entire history of the earth and lets you do literally anything!
So for example if you wanted to invent a roller coaster in the year 225 B.C. you could if you managed to figure out everything needed to make it, and if you wanted dinosaurs to rule the earth and become the dominate creature of earth you could!

But OFC theirs no way thats happening for a long time =P so I'm going to make it in Wc3, though it wont be as advanced as I would like it to be.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

To go along with my main announcement on the last page of my "Dreamscape" campaign's thread I am announcing a pause to all work related to CoTC, and the stopping work on all side projects along with complete termination of Dreamscape.
This may be sudden and unexpected to those who still check up on my projects but it is for the best.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I had way to many projects going, but its not stopped only paused. I will go back working on this eventually, but as of now me and a few people are talking about some stuff (secret stuff).
Just wait for a week or two when we finish the talking and you will see what happens.

Level 27
I had way to many projects going, but its not stopped only paused. I will go back working on this eventually, but as of now me and a few people are talking about some stuff (secret stuff).
Just wait for a week or two when we finish the talking and you will see what happens.

Oooooh, sounds fun. Sounds so fun it even sounds like something completely worth stoping the Chronicles of Time and all other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.