• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
co2w-hosted-project-5-png.365272

wc_csw_logo_v8-m-min-png.365547

A red sun rises to greet the Hive's newest Hosted Project. This reforging of Warcraft II has made landfall on these tranquil shores... and soon, dreams of peace will be a distant memory.

Follow the bloodstained legacy of the Orcish Horde, filled to the brim with new models and voice acting. Secure the isle of Zul'dare, wrest Zul'Jin from Alliance hands, and make a gruesome example of Hillsbrad in this four-chapter demo.

authors-note-png.365557

"We aim to recreate the campaign of WarCraft II in Reforged, giving it fresh gameplay, custom assets and extended lore. The project was set in motion for years before Reforged even came out, meaning that a solid foundation is set in place. This is a tremendous task which requires a lot of skill, resources and time. Everything is put into motion and we have a solid "pool" of assets so far. We do appreciate your support and donations to help us compensate our efforts and dedication in delivering a fresh experience of Blizzard's old game to the newer generation."

C1 (2)-min.png C1 (1)-min.png C2 (1)-min.png C2 (2)-min.png

co2w-features-png.365283

• Vastly improved WC2 gameplay
  • WC2 economy - no taxes! Oil!
  • Naval units & buildings accessible through the Advanced Techtree
  • Heavily features custom models
  • Immersive snowcap system for buildings
  • Dynamic weather and fog
  • Blood splats in combat & prolonged corpse decay
  • Voiced-over dialogue

C3 (1)-min.png C3 (2)-min.png C3 (3)-min.png C3 (4)-min.png

team-png.365286

a2tamplier777-png.365301
@Tamplier777 Core Plot Writing, Modeling, Animating, Triggering, Mapping, Lore Tweaking, Project Assembly
a2shadihd-png.365303
@ShadiHD Team & Project Management, Custom Modeling and Texturing, Voice Acting, Mapping, Lore Tweaking, Assembly
a2moonman-png.365302
@Moonman Modeling and Texturing, Icons, Presentation & Video Montage
a2bagysta-png.365299
@Bagysta Modeling and Texturing (Orc Characters)
a2triceron-png.365300
@Triceron Custom Modeling and Texturing (Unique Units and Characters)
a0sp00ky-png.365521
Sp00ky Script Editing

C4 (1)-min.png C4 (2)-min.png C4 (3)-min.png C4 (4)-min.png C4 (5)-min.png

• Keep an eye on the latest exhibits in the Discord server!

• View more media from the Youtube channel.

• Check out @ShadiHD's custom model renders for the project!

• Chip in to support the developers!

Note: Custom Campaigns are not yet supported in Reforged, so please use your Maps folder instead, and play through the chapters individually.

Level 21
What the heck!

That trailer is superb (orcs vs humans never gets old).

This loos like - Hope - for Reforged.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
As someone who played WC2 has a 5-year-old with no English knowledge I would very much want to play this when finished.

I did some of the campaign missions but was too stupid to complete it, and certainly, I remember 0 of the story. But some of the textures and whatnot are in my brain still.

I do have some knowledge of the story from WoW but might be changed over the years.

Level 24
Congratulations on getting hosted! And congratulations to THW as well.

I've yet to play beyond the demo's first mission but I'll make sure to get to that eventually. At least your Warcraft 2-inspired hosted project already has something publicly available unlike that other shitty Wc2 hosted project that never gets released.

Here's to hoping you'll finish at some point.

Last edited:
Level 5
looks sick ! wc1 remaster too and my life is complete xDDD
Hope they will return custom campaigns as soon as posible...

Level 13
Are there any youtube let's plays of the Demo? When I see, I'm kinda sorry for Refunding, but it was well deserved by Blizzard.

Level 4
Congratulations friends, it really is a great satisfaction for Wc2 lovers to be able to enjoy it in the Reforged graphics. Thank you COTSW team!
I can only thank you immensely as a nostalgic fan of the Wc2 gameplay.
As for the MOD itself. I have only one consideration that I believe to be decisive. I think there is still a very big deficiency in the AI-Naval part in its coding, currently there is a good coordination between the priorities of buildings and development of ground or aerial units within its Script-Building, but I believe it will be a very big challenge for Naval AI to be carried out within the standards of Wc3, perhaps creating shipyards to create boats that collect oil on oil platforms in the middle of the water, is not a very difficult task, nor even creating battle vessels for the computer to perform good attacks on coastal areas or naval conflicts.
But creating vessels to “transport” units, will be a work of coding that I believe is still very far from the dynamics of Wc2, artificial intelligence will need to collect the units for different vessels and still transport them within a certain time to distant islands or coastal regions either to just harass enemy areas or to land their units in order to also create expansions in the search for gold. I am not so optimistic that this will work so dynamically within the WC3 system.

Level 4
I absolutely LOVE the redone warcraft 2 music in the trailer. Seeing all those old sprites remade in such beautiful 3D models was an unbelievably wonderful thing to behold. Having custom units for each of the clans and nations is just icing on an already delicious cake. THIS right here is the sort of quality that Blizzard should aspire to.

Level 10
Woah!! I am so in love with those gorgeous models, maps and that tweaked music. WC2 will always have a special place in my heart and I think Hive offers excellent assets in both classic and now Reforged.

This project looks very promising, please keep working on it! Who knows... Maybe one day this will be amongst the reasons I will finally buy Reforged :goblin_yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.