• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Choose the New Death Knight Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey all. Since I finally decided to work on 2.8 I am making it a point to introduce a new spell for the Death Knight, replacing either "Ghost Walk" or "Army of Eternity".

It either needs to be stealthy/evasive to help the knight sneak up on hunters or escape them or an offensive spell to help the knight compensate for not having Army of Eternity.

Think of anything that fits the Death Knight and if your suggestion appeals to me enough it will be the model for the next new spell in AtD. Thanks!

Level 18
Thanks for the quick response. The ability is practical but it is almost identical to his current Army of Eternity ability. It summons 3 units with high priority. I'm looking probably to replace that one.

I was looking back on old suggestions from past testers and I think this one sounds like a good idea that I could tweak to make very cool:

Reverse Vampirism
Description: The Death Knight curses the target unit, and for a short time, their attacks heal rather than harm.
Medium mana cost and cooldown.

Level 1: 5 seconds
Level 2: 10 seconds
Level 3: 15 seconds
Level 4: 20 seconds

Level 18
The ultimate spell is fun nice but imba...
But the third spell is not very interesting, reducing armor and mana burn -_-'
i'll think of what can replace it.

Are you talking about his second Ultimate, Nether Prison? He has to be level 12 to even get it, which most knights never reach. By this time if he's that strong you are probably going to lose anyway, so Nether Prison is just a fun, powerfull skill. However it is not imbal. By that late stage in game the Death Hunters should be strong as well and at least have a couple of armors. If you have at least 2 stacked Enchanted Armors at level 6+ you will survive prison.

Also you are not able to be attacked for the next 10 seconds once you come out of prison. It's far from imba. IMO.

If you're talking about Vampire Bat, let me know because I'd be interested to hear what you think.

And wtf, Spirit Plague is the shit! It kills the mana of the Death Hunters and makes creeping a lot easier by reducing armor. Why don't you like it? It's just too simple for ya?

Thanks for the quick response. The ability is practical but it is almost identical to his current Army of Eternity ability. It summons 3 units with high priority. I'm looking probably to replace that one.

I was looking back on old suggestions from past testers and I think this one sounds like a good idea that I could tweak to make very cool:

Reverse Vampirism
Description: The Death Knight curses the target unit, and for a short time, their attacks heal rather than harm.
Medium mana cost and cooldown.

Level 1: 5 seconds
Level 2: 10 seconds
Level 3: 15 seconds
Level 4: 20 seconds

It's interesting, but I dislike the idea of allowing the Death Knight to give enemy units the ability to heal. It's not deathly at all.

Level 18
Hawkwing, Reverse Vampirism actually only lasted for 1 version because I did not end up liking it at all. It was too easy to run away from as a Death Hunter. It was rebuilt into Vampiric Strike.

Gives a 15% chance to deal the Hero's total Strength in extra damage on an attack and regain hit points by a factor of the extra damage.

Level 1 - 1/6 total damage regained.
Level 2- 1/5 total damage regained.
Level 3 - 1/4 total damage regained.
Level 4 - 1/3 total damage regained.

Thanks for you input though. What do you think about this skill?

Level 9
This skill is nice !
I didn't speak of the bat, i missed :p But the bat is useful only for tracking and detecting invis

Yes the nether prison is not so imba but i was lvl 12 and i owned one death hunter so easily, he surely was notgood :p
And yeah, spirit plague is too simple for me, it is surely very useful for creeping (i used it all the time) but it's not as fun as the passive skill (which is nice for a passive) and the nether prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.