• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sneak Peak: New Death Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey yall I wanted to give you some insight into the new Death Knight that will be in the next version of Against the Darkness.

I've decided after 3 years of having no variety for Player 11 that it is time for a totally new selectable Hero. Here is the inside scoop on the new DK.

Race: Orc
Model: Thrall on Black Wolf (may ask for a reskin like I did with the other DK)
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Base damage: 71

Abilities:

Ancestral Call: Initially summons a Ghost Tauren with very low HP. If this Ghost survives for 5 seconds, it will obtain a powerful body with 1500/2000/2400/2800 hit points and 29/41/58/82 damage and Pulverize. If the Ghost Tauren is killed, it will dispel an area sapping mana and damaging nearby summoned units. The Tauren will last until is is killed or Ancestral Call is cast again.

Pain Aura: Reduces life regeneration by 0.5%/1%/1.5%/2% and causes attacks against the Hero to return 5%/7%/9%/11% damage to the attacker.

Selectable Teleportation: Allows for the creation of 1/2/3/4 Telepads that last 4 minutes and allow the Hero to teleport to them from anywhere on the map.

Death's Touch (Level 6 Ultimate): Damages a target unit for 30% of the Death Knight's current hit points. Maximum damage is 750.

Wing and Claw (Level 12 Ultimate): Splits the Death Knight into a Spirit Wyvern (Wing) and Black Wolf (Claw). Each have high hit points, damage, and unique abilities. If any of the two survive after 45 seconds, the Death Knight returns to his real form.

So... any thoughts or criticism before I release this?

Last edited:
Level 18
2.93 is about to be released and a couple of these abilities have changed.

Selectable Teleportation: Allows for the creation of 1/2/3/4 Telepads that last indefinitely and allow the Hero to teleport to them from anywhere on the map. When a telepad is utilized it is removed. Cooldown for ability is 45/40/35/30 seconds.

also would they be destroyable?

No, they are invulnerable and invisible so that they wont be camped and can be used as an ambush tool by the Death Knight. They have a VERY limited sight range though (100).

Wing and Claw is no longer going to be the level 12 ultimate. It will be replaced by:

Spirit Rift: (Level 12 Ultimate) Creates a tear in the fabric of reality that allows trapped spirits to escape from the underworld. Enemy units in this rift have their movement and attack speed crippled by 85% and are damaged by Fenris' Intelligence once every second.

Lasts 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.