• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat Global Ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I think I might be accidentally global ignored on chat?

I can join fine, the button blinks, but none of my messages go out. It let's me enter them fine, the enter button flashes, but no messages enter the chat. I can recieve them fine, even whispers, and I see all the chat, but I can't participate in any way.

I've tried in both IE and FF with no luck.

Help?

Level 14
This should be in admin contact, if anywhere, so do me a favor and move it to the proper forum. In the meantime I will see what I can dig up, but your problem does not sound like a global ignore, it sounds like you were silenced.

Level 36
I have no idea why I'd be silenced, I barely use chat anymore.

It's not a cookies issue either, tried it with 3 browsers and no luck. so I was just wondering if the general public had experienced anything like this.

And it's a bug. There's no reason for me to be silenced so it obviously has to be a bug, thus, the Bug Reports forum. Amazing how logic works, eh?

Level 14
brad.dude03 said:
And it's a bug. There's no reason for me to be silenced so it obviously has to be a bug, thus, the Bug Reports forum. Amazing how logic works, eh?
Works great when there exists none in the first place, you're right.
brad.dude03 said:
I have no idea why I'd be silenced, I barely use chat anymore.
Upon further investigation, it appears that one of the admins silenced you because when you entered chat the other night, you spammed something like 20 lines in all caps. I'm sure that if you ask the administration nicely in the correct forum it'll be taken care of no problem.

Anyways, I'm just poking you to take the proper means to correct issues. I'll see to it that it gets fixed. I have a feeling it was intended to only be for a few minutes, but then was forgotten about.

Level 36
What?

I don't even remember this? I recieved no warning, complaints, or orders to stop. As far as I recall, chat was dead and no one was perturbed in the slightest by my burst into song.

I can't even remember what I was lyric-ing?!

Whatever. I run half the website yet I can't even participate in the chat. Oh, the irony.

Level 14
Taking an attitude isn't going to fix anything and you know it. I agree that silencing is silly, particularly without warning. I said already that I will see to it that it gets fixed, and that's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.