• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Chat Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing my point.

So whats your point? The normal internet user has the following:

- Internet Explorer 6
- Full of additional toolbars (crap stuff)
- Full of unused programs which installed with bigger ones (such as google apps)
- XP Service Pack 2 (SP 3 has fixes for about 10k viruses, but who cares?! ..)
- No security (No AntiVirus, no Firewall, not even an Router firewall activated, No password, etc)
- Scripts, such as JS, enabled for every site.
- No cookie cleaning
- Password saving
- No knowledge about computers and their security at all.

Level 5
The point is that you are being terribly off-topic and unproductive in a bug report thread by confusing the person who is giving the report. You cannot validly predict that he has anything from the information given, nor is there any virus specifically designed to target the Hive's chat system. Please quit arguing over it or take it to the Computer Tech Forum. I shouldn't have to report someone who has 3000 posts and 400 rep.

Umm, we are discussing whether the problem is in his pcs nature or if its an general hws problem.

But as we can see now (Thanks to Ralle) its not a common problem and its related to his pc.

Now further on, webpages can add viruses to the computer that do everything you could just think of.

I am sorry if you feel like its getting offtopic, but actually, I am trying to help him with providing information about how to save your computer, in case of virus and a new clean windows install for example.

So whats your point? The normal internet user has the following:

- Internet Explorer 6
- Full of additional toolbars (crap stuff)
- Full of unused programs which installed with bigger ones (such as google apps)
- XP Service Pack 2 (SP 3 has fixes for about 10k viruses, but who cares?! ..)
- No security (No AntiVirus, no Firewall, not even an Router firewall activated, No password, etc)
- Scripts, such as JS, enabled for every site.
- No cookie cleaning
- Password saving
- No knowledge about computers and their security at all.

Actually I'd say the normal internet user has the following:

- IE 7 or 8 (Most of the people left with IE6 are either those with no internet connection or office computers with horribly outdated systems because their IT staff can't be fucked)
- One or two additional toolbars, usually consisting of the Yahoo/AOL/MSN one and the norton one. Also a bookmarks bar still with the default bookmarks
- Norton antivirus
- Router with either WEP security or open
- Internet history consisting of: Facebook, youtube, hotmail/yahoo mail
- Defaults for IE
- Either XP or vista

Anyway, we're dragging this horribly off-topic. Feel free to continue via PMs or VMs

Level 19
Actually, according to THW stats. 50% of our users user FF. But all that discussion aside.

Mortar- do you have any other computers in your home and have you tried those?

No, the only one I have is this one which im browsing atm. I totally forget about to reinstall the Windows today b/c of my interest in watching a series of movies :ugly: ..

I tend to do it tommorow when I woke up ... I think this will finally fix the problem.

But thats not everything, I still can't figure out why the chat won't work with Poot's client, and thats what bothers me now..

Level 19
speaking of chat bugs when i open my mobile i try to go to chat.hiveworkshop.com i just get a message: Hi im Jack, i will be your host for now

and im just wtf???
Oh, and try to just go to www.chat.hiveworkshop.com to skip the accept site ;P

You want chat.hiveworkshop.com, not www.chat.hiveworkshop.com

If your mobile adds www. on the front, try typing in the http:// first.

Level 19
Ok, I discovered something a bit strange, I think Im using a proxy but Im not realy sure, so the my question is, do the Chat blocks proxys, and how I can check if Im using a proxy?

Just turned my proxy and it seems like it fails to connect to the chat as it is completely empty.

EDIT: Turned it off and it seems to work again. :p

Last edited:
Level 19
Umm.. Right, im from bulgaria, when I type "www.google.bg" it opens GOOGLE in bulgarian language, when I type "www.google.com" it redirects me to "www.google.bg"

Edit: I made a quick test and appears to be Im acutally using a proxy:

The proxy host has ip address 90.XXX.XX.XXX
The proxy server has announced itself as 1.1 proxy-main.XXXXXXX.XXXXXXXX.bg:XXXX

Last edited:
Level 27
Ok, I discovered something a bit strange, I think Im using a proxy but Im not realy sure, so the my question is, do the Chat blocks proxys, and how I can check if Im using a proxy?
A proxy could definitely be causing your problem. Either your browser is set to use a proxy, your computer is set to use a proxy, or your ISP is using a transparent proxy, if you are using a proxy.

A proxy could definitely be causing your problem. Either your browser is set to use a proxy, your computer is set to use a proxy, or your ISP is using a transparent proxy, if you are using a proxy.

I already found the problem on another thread -- he rapidly switches between two IPs, so the chat keeps saying "You need to reopen this page (IP mismatch blah blah)".

Status
Not open for further replies.