• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat not working (IE11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What should happen
You click Chat, scroll down to and press "I accept" and then you are taken into chat showing all users in the chat, including yourself.​

What does happen
When I try and log into chat using the "I accept" button, the page hangs at loading. The only way to get into chat is to perform a full refresh (Ctrl + refresh) on the page and then the "I accept" button will proceed to chat. Once in chat you are placed at the "Console" tab and manually have to change to "Lobby". Once in "Lobby" you are not shown as being in the chat, any messages you make come from your identity number and you appear to not be able to receive any messages or be heard by anyone.​

Specification that cause the problem
Windows 7 Ultimate using Internet Explorer 11 (mandatory update version).​

Hello there, I have exactly the same problem.. I think it started just like 2 days ago for me.

I was thinking it was only because I messed something up in my Windows 8.. so now I guess it's maybe not us who cause this bug.

Edit: Strange is, that once after some time it suddenly worked for me yesterday, but today it's not working again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
People who uses IE has serious issues, Firefox is your answer.
I usually have my browser open when I am playing games, so using firefox is not really an option due to its high resource consumption. Chrome might work but I do not like all the adverts everywhere.

If anyone cares to look into exactly what makes it break on IE11, be my guess.
The strange thing is as soon as I started developer mode now to look into it, it worked absolutely perfectly... Maybe its some security setting?

I usually have my browser open when I am playing games, so using firefox is not really an option due to its high resource consumption. Chrome might work but I do not like all the adverts everywhere.
Do you refer to the chrome in-app ad or the chrome advertised everywhere? Afaik, there aren't any ads at chrome (unless you use a third party ad).

Level 35

While I usually recommend firefox, I believe there is alternatives. For instance: Chromium

But others like these (which I haven't tried - might work as well). But heck if developer version works for you then that can take the place of a temp fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.