• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Characters of Arkain [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Now,now I know what you are thinking what's a content discussion thread that is not named "New Content Discussion SPOILER"
doing here?!

Hear me out on this one folks.It's no surprise that work on the SUB(second undead book for those who aren't that good with acronyms)
has come to a halt,while the aforementioned megathread has always been the hub of discussion realated to gameplay,content and more i cant help but notice it its fairly quiet when there isn't a new book around.On the other hand what captured my attention is the surprisingly high number of fellow
hivers that were interested on the Tales of Arkain portion of this project about 35% of the fanbase, which considering that hive isn't a site where you come to read about finction,I'd say its a pretty significant portion of the fan base.

Provoked by this observation I asked Shar Dundred,what were his thoughts on a weekly discussion revolving around the characters of Arkain.A discussion based on the lore of the characters,not only that but also how do each of us feel about said character and how they were handled in
the books.I presented this idea to our beloved Tyrant Shar,who surpsingly liked the idea and gave away his permission and more importantly his blessings.

So i'd like to welcome all of you who are interested on Arkain lore,to discuss, how Shar depicts,develops and treats the stories of his characters on this new thread.

While i don't like rules and i dont want to impose them on anybody, obviously if we're to have an on topic,civil discussion we'll need some

1. The first and most obvious one we're here to discuss about the character and the character alone(By the way this is the only one rule you should follow,the others that come after it are just more like guidlines)
  2. While not prohibited but discouraged are opinons of the nature "What made me like X character was his in game model or his really busted ability"while thats certainly more than a valid reason to like a character (Thats the reason why as of now Lokar the Crusher still has a single vote to his name on the orc character poll ;) )I want the discussion to be more focused on the lore and the dynamic that the path of the said character takes into the tales or the playable books.
  3. Be civil down there as well

Sinc this is a weekly discussion we might have a weekly poll where we put to vote which character we'd like to discuss on the upcoming week

For this week's discussion i took the liberty to pick the character myself(only this time i promise)

There is no surprise to my first pick, as he gathered 149 votes on the polls held, the ones where we were to pick which of the characters was our favorite.

Gardon Bloodclaw

Most importantly his character development and the dynamic of his jorney, not only his strained relationship with van Durce and Emperor but the other less "emphasized"
relationships he had with other characters Sir Praxeus "The Holy Bastion" Braelon comes to mind and his past.

No Aridon first? U wot met?

Okay, back to seriousness. I find Gardon perhaps one of the most fleshed out characters from all characters, development wise. Only bar by Aedale.

Still, I am curious of his past relationship back at the empire. Back when shits has not broke lose.

I still hate his kit, except his ultimate.

Level 29
Alright, I will gladly join this discussion. :)

Gardon Bloodclaw

Throughout the two human books, I don't believe Gardon had that much character development.
He has always shown to be ruthless, morally pragmatic and secretive concerning his goals and methods. The books only serve to help us players to unravel just how far he is willing to go and what his true goals were.

In the first book he was right to be mistrustful of Genethas and Lerrig and in the second he was right to mistrust the undead. So, it is not like he got more paranoid after these betrayals.

Due to the events of the First Book, he, due to losing most of his resources, was forced to act even more secretive and play along in order to not draw suspicion while gaining allies at the same time. But this development was mostly due to him being forced to do so in order to accomplish his goals, so I am not sure if this counts.

He may have become closer to the few allies that stayed by his side, such as Merlon and Thanok. He is clearly one that greatly values loyalty, so he would decide to be friendlier to them. But, then again, we haven't seen him interact with these allies as much in the first book, so this is just specualtion.

Zed: His faithful wolf and companion.

Thanok: Gardon's second-in-command. Gardon trusts him completely and it is obvious why. Thanok is perhaps one of his oldest allies, he will fullfill Gardon's orders no matter what, he does stuff while having Gardon's best interests in mind... While most of this is due to Gardon's agreement with the Dragon Queen, I have a feeling that Thanok grew to have genuine loyalty towards Gardon.

Merlon: Gardon's second most trustworthy ally. By the time of the Second Book, Gardon seems to trust him enough to talk privately with him regarding important stuff and even gives him the honor of commanding his fleets.

van Durce: He is Gardon's uncle. Gardon seems to have a 70% hate and 30% love relationship with him, as he seems to at the very least regret being forced to kill him.

Emperor: He seemed to be loyal to the Emperor, but maybe he was pretending while he planned to create a kingdom that could rival the Empire.

"Brian": Gardon's mentor. While Gardon holds some trust in his mentor, he is smart enough to know that Brian doesn't tell him everything and holds a secret agenda. He might be aware, or at least partially, of Brian's true nature.

I will give my thought about Gardon's other relationships later on...

Level 20
No Aridon first? U wot met?

I pretty sure his time will come soon so no worries

I find Gardon perhaps one of the most fleshed out characters from all characters, development wise. Only bar by Aedale

During the first book in terms of his character development he is abit stagnant in my opinion,what drew me to him as a character during that book was the perception i created in my head about him...I saw him as a "counterpart" to Blen.While Blen gives the vibes of a "Hero" type character Gardon seemed to "oppose" Blen,not as in a vilan but more as an anti-hero.His outbursts when he finds out he has been screwed over sure as hell helped make him more likeable.

It is not up until the second book where his character development starts to amp up and we get to see him more fleshed out and his "Victory at any cost" approach really does reach its peak on this book he even considered a pact with a Demon in order to achive victory.Also this book highlights much more of his "hidden" traits that weren't shown previously,dispite his "Butcher" nickname he does seem to be a diplomant when he needs to.

Still, I am curious of his past relationship back at the empire. Back when shits has not broke lose.
Not much is shown about his past but Shar does give hints...Especially his obscure exchange of words with Holy Bastion that does indicate that Gardon pre-books might have been much more different than this Gardon we see now.

@LISBOAH

There is no need for a spoiler tag my friend whoever comes here probably has played a great deal of the books.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I've added SPOILER to the thread name to make it absolutely clear that this thread is bound
to have spoilers in it without the need of spoiler tags - they can of course still be used if
desired to make a post "cleaner" but are no longer necessarily required. :)

dispite his "Butcher" nickname
Oh right, still haven't edited that.

Last edited:
It is not up until the second book where his character development starts to amp up and we get to see him more fleshed out and his "Victory at any cost" approach really does reach its peak on this book he even considered a pact with a Demon in order to achive victory.Also this book highlights much more of his "hidden" traits that weren't shown previously,dispite his "Butcher" nickname he does seem to be a diplomant when he needs to.
Well, I think the first book description of him is quite good for him. I noted the FHB is more on Aedale's descend to madness, while the second is more about how humans win, and at what cost.

If people keep forgetting, the whole deal is "appears out of nowhere" :p

Though I do suggest make something for Genethas as well, else people might notice Genethas treachery choice easier :p

Oh right, still haven't edited that.
Dark Knight?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
U trust not war hero!?
I am actually #TeamRedfist. :p (jk or not?)

Anyway, on topic:
Gardon has, without a doubt, had an interesting development. It definitely worked in his advantage
that he has had a lot of screentime: FHB, SHB, FOB, SOB... The only released campaign that
did not have Gardon himself in it was the First Undead Book.

Whether or not he was the MOST interesting character or the best fleshed out one, is probably
subjective. And as time progressed, some people started to miss Blen who was not as ruthless
as Gardon.

A certain perspective that I have not seen very often but that might actually be interesting
for this discussion:
There has been made the point that Gardon, if he was more emotional, he'd be only one tragedy
away from going the way of Duke Redfist - only for him it'd be against the Demons instead
of the Orcs.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmmm

I can only share my opinion about the characters are Aedale.

Well to be honest.

I find of a cute, gentle girl who wanted to prove her mentors that she is a capable mage but slowly turn into either a stupidly tragic character or fallen character in Legend of Arkain.

Depending on the choices you made. You still get the ehem mess up ending of her character.

Level 22
I haven't read what other people have written, so I may mention some things that have already been written.
Anyway. Where to begin with Gardon? He's definitely an interesting character. I only liked him slightly more than I liked Sasro... Nah just kidding. :p
For about a book and 1/3rd, I didn't think much of him. In the FHB, I knew he wasn't the traitor, because I've seen the ''the more innocent character has a higher probability of betraying you'' trope a lot of times. In the beginning of the SHB, I saw that his personality can carry a book a lot better than Blen's ever could, but I still wasn't invested. That changed for a reason many people may find dumb. Basically, Brian being his tutor, because Brian is cool and I instantly liked him when I saw him, ( until he didn't ruin that) made me like Gardon a lot more. His increasing ''by any means necessary'' way of thinking also played a big factor. I always like those characters.
One thing I didn't like about his development was him abandoning the empire for the kingdoms that way he did. You can say that the explanation is obvious and isn't needed, but considering everything he did before the van Durce betrayal, it's almost like he wanted this to happen and knew it would happen. Him not even thinking about it at all makes it even worse. It may be considered a character strength by some, but it's more of a plothole for me.
As for his relation with Praxeus. The story, for now, seems like it was just randomly thrown in, but I would like to see how it develops.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well i have two opinions

FB
I really like it gardon here, even if he is a secondary/support character he is the BOSS the all operation, he made the choices that nobody want to pick, and his first impression was really cool and despite that everyone and their mothers say that he is a monster he sounds reasonable enough, he is so awesome that in the second mission of salana you always pick him over the others elf army or maybe his dark powers are so powerful that mind slave you too who knows? :peasant-shocked: And yes he is like a dark version of Blen

SB
At first, i understand the fury of gardon, he try to save the world as we knew it but not only no one want to help him but everyone want sabotage him, but MAYBE he become to extremist for my taste in the campaign(poor elfs), I was expecting someone ask "why you do this?" and gardon aswer "because I am evil! Thats why!" Sadly never happen.

But in the end I remember that... arkain is a dark/low fantasy world where everything sucks, so in the end gardon break the wheel? :peasant-thinking:

A yes, his skillset sucks except the war aura.

Level 20
Yes, but Salior is soo background character that gardon is the close thing we have as a "leader" (like the council of generals interlude)

Selior merely served as a "glue" that held all the different commanders together IMO...In the first book as Blen stated himself every lord brought his own personal retinue:
Gardon's Iron Fist,Blen's Kasrkin,Lerings Loyalists,Genethas Voidwar veterans,Admiral Merlon's elite navy etc.

Even tho during the last chapter there were two larg subfactions within the Imperial army fighting it out...Essentially backing up the words of Blen that every Lord brought his own personal Retinues and no commander held supreme rule over the entire Imperial Army.

That changed for a reason many people may find dumb. Basically, Brian being his tutor, because Brian is cool and I instantly liked him when I saw him

For me it was the opposite actually lol...More and more we progressed into the second book the less i started to like him...His paranoia to be more precise,while i loved the path he took in terms of establishing a new political entity the way how he ended things with Van Durce...It felt as if...He was being forced to fight him *Brian might have had something to do with that* we all know he does like his "shadows"

Whether or not he was the MOST interesting character or the best fleshed out one, is probably
subjective. And as time progressed, some people started to miss Blen who was not as ruthless
as Gardon.

I always felt as if Blen and Gardon were different sides of the same coin...They are both extremly skilled and capable leaders,however the means and the traits they display are polar opposites...It feels as if they complement each other in a sens...When Blen died he left a vaccum that could not be filled,all of a sudden we now have only one main guy who is running rampant using dark arts enslaving ppl and building an empire rivaling that across the sea.

Level 20
Hello everyone,hope you are having a wounderful day!

As mentioned previously this is a weekly discussion, and the time of Bloodies of claws is coming to an end.The strawpoll for the next character discussion is up and running and you can find it right here: Which character should we discuss next

EDIT:

*Grabs mike* Ehm does this work?
Testing 1 2,testing 1 2?Oh cool it does.

Alright everyone!Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Today marks the starting of the second week of our character discussion thread,looking at the poll it seems Aridon the ever watchful its the one who takes the cake for this week's discussion.The Master of rotting corpses,the one who is always busy with balance,the one who has a habit of killing your leaders and raising em as his personal work puppies is on the spotlight this week.

@Daffa yer wish was fulfilled time!

Stay safe everyone!

Last edited:
Level 22
Aridon is a character I have mixed feelings about.
On one side, I liked the fact that he was so powerful and influenced the story ( to a point ). He is also the only character who has justified stubbornness. He is the second oldest undead in Arkain after all ( Krom is the first for those wondering ). Despite the fact that we still have many things to learn about him, he's been given a lot of development.
My problem with him is that he's both a character the story needs, but also one it doesn't. To elaborate further, it's undeniable that he has shaped the story. The story could not possibly progress the same way it did without him. But now that his job of doing it has been completed, he has been completely removed from it until he isn't needed to influence it again. He's literally only there to drive the plot forward in an artificial way instead of allowing it to have a more natural progression. He's the most important character in the entire series, but also one that you can instantly throw away once his usefulness has run out ( his entire existence is an enormous irony if you look at it that way )
I'm not a fan of that. I hope him coming back after his seclusion makes his character go in a completely different direction.
But ultimately, as a wise man once told me, he's still my favourite watcher since he's the only one. :p

Last edited:
Level 20
My problem with him is that he's both a character the story needs, but also one it doesn't.

That's an interesting outlook on him,but why would you say he isn't needed,in a sens his job is to see that everything goes towards the way he see as the way to balance,and on a continent where 3 factions(humans,orcs and demons sinc his undead are the enforcers of balance not the disruptors) are constantly vying for power(he is partly responsible for it) i'd say the world needs his gaze constantly,furthermore now that the human have splintered in numerous factions who would rather kill each other than unite,the orcs being considered as part of the balance and not disruptors of it i'd say he is more and more needed by the day...Not to mention other powers from across the "sea" who threaten the balance as well.If a said power was to establish total dominance than the story would become mundane dont you think?

He's literally only there to drive the plot forward in an artificial way instead of allowing it to have a more natural progression.
That's a fairely valid point at times he seems(at least to me) like a tyrant trying to force his "subjects" towards the said paths rather than letting them have their natural progression,but considering that he is named the watcher,that might indicate that he can forsee things of the future or at least fragments(this is the version i belive more) of it one could say there would be no plot without his intervention a land ruled by demons woulden't be as interesting...Like i am trying to say...He is the core cog the keeps the machine functioning.

Level 22
That's an interesting outlook on him,but why would you say he isn't needed
Ultimately, because I feel like the story could've still progressed in a good way without his constant interventions to shape everything how he wants to the smallest detail.

and on a continent where 3 factions(humans,orcs and demons sinc his undead are the enforcers of balance not the disruptors) are constantly vying for power(he is partly responsible for it)
The undead have disrupted the balance plenty of times without realising it. Aridon never even really knew what his balance meant. He still technically doesn't.

i'd say the world needs his gaze constantly,
Only because he created an incredibly specific scenario where it is constantly needed.

Not to mention other powers from across the "sea" who threaten the balance as well.If a said power was to establish total dominance than the story would become mundane dont you think?
Unpopular opinion, but I would prefer that over Aridon's soft resets. He can only pull that off so many times before people that love him as a character want him gone.

I like how Aridon can plan a lot in advance and shift war balances from being too much on one side. I'd say Aridon initially does not consider Orc as part of the balance due to his lack of control over them (and eventually, Brian being involved).

I like how he knows war is not meant to be won, but rather to ensure no shifts of the way things go. His army is the only one who does not seeks to middle finger everyone and go kill them outright (or enslave them), rather use subterfurge means to keep everything goes as his balance goes.

I for one do not like the fact Aridon character growth does not look significant throughout the series. I mean, it's always about balance :p

Level 6
Aridon the watcher

Hmmm it's a tricky character for me to describe.. Well he is stubborn and make no alliances towards any races at all.

I can't think of anything else

Level 5
Aridon OP character hahahaah
Well i love him bcs he is unpredictable about his moves.
P.S What was Sign of life that let him see everywhere?

Level 20
Hello everyone I hope you are all having a wonderful time!

I apologise for my delay at this weeks poll,this should have been hosted yesterday.

You can find the poll right here:Which character should we discuss for this week

Due to my incompetence this weeks discussion will have to start during Sunday.

Happy easter to our eastern european friends and stay safe!

Level 20
*Looks at the results*
Wow,i suppose ill have to pick the next batch of characters better.

Well i for one loved his "holier than thou" attitude,that probably stems from the fact he has been around for some time and he loves to shove it up everyone's face,he wasn't impressed even with Gardon.

Story wise the FUB doesn't show much about him besides the backstabbing,at first i thought he was reanimated back to life by the watcher.
I was actually surprised by his story(Rebirth,the first ever tale of arkain)by his sheer will he brought himself back to life,cleansed the entire palace of the filth and decadence that had rooted itself deep within it and proceeded to take his place as one of the most trusted servants of Aridon.

I actually took a linking to his character,even tho development wise there isn't much to him,his "mentor apprentice" relationship is the only actual relationship that is showcased within the first UD book.Unfortunately he to does suffer from the blandness that characterizes the UD characters(he does poses more flair that the others)...Most of them are running around ruining everyone's day in the name of Aridon and thats about it...Maybe its his Aura of mystery that drew me towards him.

I still have much curiosity with Rahandir. Let's start. I am curious, is Rahandir, aside Aridon, is undead's strongest hero?
Well Rahandir was strong enough to bring himself back to life,murder the King who backstabbed him and kill all of his court,and capture the attention of Aridon so i'd say he ranks pretty high up.

Level 29
How in the world I didn't get notifications about the discussion regarding Aridon?!! :vw_wtf:

Well i for one loved his "holier than thou" attitude,that probably stems from the fact he has been around for some time and he loves to shove it up everyone's face,he wasn't impressed even with Gardon.

It is less "holier than thou" and more like "Look brat, I have been around far longer than any of you. I most likely met your great-great-grandfather and I will treat you with the same level of indifference as I treated him". It will be very hard for you to surprise him.

I actually took a linking to his character,even tho development wise there isn't much to him,his "mentor apprentice" relationship is the only actual relationship that is showcased within the first UD book.Unfortunately he to does suffer from the blandness that characterizes the UD characters(he does poses more flair that the others)...Most of them are running around ruining everyone's day in the name of Aridon and thats about it...Maybe its his Aura of mystery that drew me towards him.

At least he isn't as one dimensional as some characters from the FHB. Looking at you Greymoore!

Well Rahandir was strong enough to bring himself back to life,murder the King who backstabbed him and kill all of his court,and capture the attention of Aridon so i'd say he ranks pretty high up.

I would say that Rahandir was, after Aridon, either the strongest or second strongest among the undead. It depends on how truly powerful Krom is, and even if Rahandir surpasses him in raw power, I have a feeling that Krom has experience to spare.

Now, with the addition of Ornassion to the undead ranks, whatever position he once held is left even more to dispute.

Note: I am not counting with the Three Bonelords because, while they are characters, their strength seems to lie more on their combined power rather than the power of each, but I can be wrong.

Just a little fyi:
Rahandir bringing himself back to life also means that he is not bound to Aridon's will in the way
the other Undead are - he is still just as loyal as he believes in Aridon doing the right thing.

That makes me like him even more!
Thanks Shar :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
How in the world I didn't get notifications about the discussion regarding Aridon?!! :vw_wtf:
If you had received a notification about a reply that you have seen (as in you checked your alarms
and saw it) but did not act on it by clicking it/visiting the thread, you don't get any more alerts
from that particular thread until you do.
It is to avoid mass alerts from the same threads, but it can cause such issues sometimes.
There'd be no harm in you sharing your thoughts about Aridon still, I'd say, given the issues
that you had. ;)
That makes me like him even more!
Thanks Shar :)
You're welcome! :)

Level 20

What Shar said...I can always tag you once a new discussion starts in case you want that.

At least he isn't as one dimensional as some characters from the FHB. Looking at you Greymoore!

Well yea he possess more flair,i'd suspect him acting on his free will might do that after all he still retains all his human traits(its loyalty that got him killed in the first place being the major one)...Most of the other UD characters posses the personality and charisma of Fleshtearer.

I would say that Rahandir was, after Aridon, either the strongest or second strongest among the undead. It depends on how truly powerful Krom is, and even if Rahandir surpasses him in raw power, I have a feeling that Krom has experience to spare.

I mean thats up for debate,Krom does possess knowledge after all he is been around sinc the dawn of times but even he could not escape death like Rahandir did,but then again I'd wager that non of the two would be bothered to enter a contest of who is stronger than who...One is runing around assassinating high ranking general's while the other is more interested on artifact hunting and crushing enemy armies left and right.

Now, with the addition of Ornassion to the undead ranks, whatever position he once held is left even more to dispute.

This one i'd like to focus abit more,Ornassion posses alot of knowledge about demons and in life he used to be a pretty good field commander,something that pretty much Rahandir did during the first undead book,more than them being at odds who is stronger than who they might clash in terms of the spot they play in the overall undead structure ,You know Rahandir loved to kill a bunch of orcs and humans and he loved to be nuisance to everyone.

Level 22
Rahandir is a cool character. I don't particularly like his sarcastic way of speaking, though that's mostly due to the fact that you play a lot more against him than with him. Due to that, I guess he performs his job as an annoyance better than the demons and golden guard combined. And I mean that in a complimentary way.
I feel sorry for what happened to him though. At least he kept his free will. And while it was debunked by Shar a while ago, it would've been pretty cool in my opinion to make it turn out that Aridon was the one who manipulated the king of Rengar into sending Rahandir to his death.
Due to his personality, I can see him carry an entire book. Certain parts of his character, like his knowledge of Gardon's amulets and his relation with the elves and dwarves can be further expanded though.
I'm looking forward to how he will react when Aridon returns after re-thinking everything. His free will may lead into nothing at all, a major character change or the death of him once again. I prefer options 2 and 3. 2 a bit more.

Level 10
Rahandir is a cool character. I don't particularly like his sarcastic way of speaking, though that's mostly due to the fact that you play a lot more against him than with him.

Late, but I'll admit his way of talking makes him... irritating to me. Rahandir looks like a smug ducktard, who expect the world to bend to his will because he is Rahandir at some moments, and Aridon has to be the only person he doesn't show open contempt at. In one hand, he can back up his attitude with power, so he looks badass... But the other hand still wants to see him taken quite a few pegs down and his disdainful cool shattered by the unexpected... Problem being, it would likely be because of a Demon, so maybe not something to wait for with any sort of glee...

Level 12
Well before the next cha.

Before I play the FUB I believed that Rahandir and "powerful creature that kill two orc champions" aka Aridon will be cool heroes, and... was disappointed when i play.

Rahandir's meteors are cool but not enough and i believe that the real reason why he was sent to his death is not because he was popular, but because he was a total jerk, no wonder why the king want kill him. Has that attitude of "everyone here suck except me" Well thats my opinion.
I understand that his personality is better that the classic "i'm an evil undead lord hahahahaha" but i can't take him seriously

PS: the new poll looks promesing.

Level 29
Rahandir's meteors are cool but not enough and i believe that the real reason why he was sent to his death is not because he was popular, but because he was a total jerk, no wonder why the king want kill him. Has that attitude of "everyone here suck except me" Well thats my opinion.
I understand that his personality is better that the classic "i'm an evil undead lord hahahahaha" but i can't take him seriously

I am like 70% sure that his current atitude is due to the king's betrayal. Betrayals like the one he suffered always leave deep scars and people tend to change due to them, and never for the better.

Level 12
I am like 70% sure that his current atitude is due to the king's betrayal. Betrayals like the one he suffered always leave deep scars and people tend to change due to them, and never for the better.

A far point, but now he is a undead, he "ascendented to a better existance" and if i remember well, he said to saphira that her grudged to the elf queen is pointless, maybe he always be sarcastic, but now is worse because he dont need to be nice with the people?

Level 29
A far point, but now he is a undead, he "ascendented to a better existance" and if i remember well, he said to saphira that her grudged to the elf queen is pointless, maybe he always be sarcastic, but now is worse because he dont need to be nice with the people?

Maybe.

Perhaps deep down he has always been like this, but supressed this side in order to be a hero, to serve his king loyally and to serve as inspiration to others.
And then his king, who was both afraid and envious of him, sent him to his death. Rahandir, the individual, didn't die for good on the battlefield, but Rahandir, the hero, did.

After all he did, all the heroic things and sacrifices he did, his reward was to be sent to his death. Maybe this was more than enough to make him snap, to make him realize just how hypocritical and shallow people really are, something that I bet Aridon reinforced. Aridon mus have seen mortals doing stupid stuff like that for millenia and so he was the living proof that Rahandir's new perspective is mostly, or entirely, accurate. So he decided to start acting like an asshole, because what is the point of acting like some sort of paragon if you either die prematurely or end up betrayed by the people you defended?

Level 12
Maybe.

Perhaps deep down he has always been like this, but supressed this side in order to be a hero, to serve his king loyally and to serve as inspiration to others.
And then his king, who was both afraid and envious of him, sent him to his death. Rahandir, the individual, didn't die for good on the battlefield, but Rahandir, the hero, did.

After all he did, all the heroic things and sacrifices he did, his reward was to be sent to his death. Maybe this was more than enough to make him snap, to make him realize just how hypocritical and shallow people really are, something that I bet Aridon reinforced. Aridon mus have seen mortals doing stupid stuff like that for millenia and so he was the living proof that Rahandir's new perspective is mostly, or entirely, accurate. So he decided to start acting like an asshole, because what is the point of acting like some sort of paragon if you either die prematurely or end up betrayed by the people you defended?

But... think in the arkain's childrens!
By the way, he will raise the sons of the emperor and the queen? Maybe he will become less asshole? I mean its ok be a asshole in arkain, but not some much. The undead are the "guardians/defenders/protectors/?? of arkain, but they're protect what? The people? They kill a lot, the land? The undead corrupt it(well ,gameplay wise). I hope that the SUB explain better Aridon and his "BaLaNc3"

Level 29
The undead are the "guardians/defenders/protectors/?? of arkain, but they're protect what? The people? They kill a lot, the land? The undead corrupt it(well ,gameplay wise). I hope that the SUB explain better Aridon and his "BaLaNc3"

They make sure that no race becomes too powerful. Aridon helped the Kingdoms survive the demons' invasion, but later prevented the humans from entering the Void and slaughtering the demons.

The only exception are the orcs, but there is a reason for that. The orcs shouldn't be in Arkain in the first place. They are only there due to the machinations of "Brian", so Aridon does not consider them as part of Arkain's balance. They are a foreign force. Because of them, the imperial defenses were too weakened to properly stand against the demons. The orcs made the demonic invasion much easier by weakening the humans, and because of that the Kingdom of Lor was destroyed.

Level 12
"Maybe" just maybe, we will disturbed this post by speaking about the undead in general, so i will say questions abaout Aridon and wait for the next character.

Aridon don't like orcs because broke the balance and they'are outsider of arkain, but the imperial human are neither are from arkain and they break the balance vs the arkain humans(Gardon become more or less the owner of humans lands and he is foreign LOL). Also Aridon want to destroy the races support the orcs and those are native. He order to destroy the ogre legion before(maybe Brotkka's legions can destroy the demons or only because the ogre leader is too useful to let him die?)

Level 20
*Looks at the results,and its slightly pleased with himself that this time the votes spread more evenly*

Aight the undeads continue on their unstoppable march to wining another poll.
This time its Krom the Imortal,who is up for discussion,I for one didn't find him as interesting as some of you other folk did,sure his character bio is shrouded in mystery but still out of all the undead characters(which like i've stated be fore are a little bland) he never grew in me,however id love to see what you other guys think about Aridon's hitman.

Level 29
Aight the undeads continue on their unstoppable march to wining another poll.
This time its Krom the Imortal,who is up for discussion

And I voted for "Brian" XD

I for one didn't find him as interesting as some of you other folk did,sure his character bio is shrouded in mystery but still out of all the undead characters(which like i've stated be fore are a little bland) he never grew in me,however id love to see what you other guys think about Aridon's hitman.

I think that itself might a good thing for story content. He is one of Aridon's oldest servants, alongside the Bone Lords, and so everyone that serves the Nexus knows him, and yet very few know his story, except Aridon and his three colleagues. If used correctly in the story, this mystery makes him more interesting. It would be funny if the other undead would chat and come up with possible backstories for him, while Krom isn't around of course.

Thankfully, Shar decided not to make Krom simply as an example of "The Brute" trope, which on itself is one of the lamest things to do, and decided to state that he is not only about "killing anyone that stands in Aridon's way".

I am looking forward to see his interactions with both the Bonelords, his oldest colleagues, and Edoarus, since Shar states that they have a friendly rivalry going on.

Level 22
Krom's greatest ability is the fact he can make you laugh, and then immediately make you cry. His jolly nature combined with his snarky attitude ( though he doesn't exibit it too often ) make him my favourite undead character.
It would be interesting to showcase his past, while he was still an arkainian. It could make him a lot more relatable.
While it's never mentioned, I feel like his jolly nature may have a dark undertone. He's existed for so long that he accepts most things, including his own existence, as the jokes that they are.
I'm also curious how much free will he has, in comparison to Rahandir mostly. Being one of his first servants and even older than him, Aridon should technically allow him to have as much free will as he wants to. There's a possibility of a pretty interesting story if it turns out that he only has a limited amount of it.

Level 29
It would be interesting to showcase his past, while he was still an arkainian. It could make him a lot more relatable.

While it could be interesting, I am afraid that his past would mostly be used just for us to see how the Arkainians were.

While it's never mentioned, I feel like his jolly nature may have a dark undertone. He's existed for so long that he accepts most things, including his own existence, as the jokes that they are.

Probably, yes. Living that long, serving a death god, watching so many horrors occur across millenia... Geez, I am even afraid to wonder which part of Krom is more decayed, his body or his mind.

I'm also curious how much free will he has, in comparison to Rahandir mostly. Being one of his first servants and even older than him, Aridon should technically allow him to have as much free will as he wants to. There's a possibility of a pretty interesting story if it turns out that he only has a limited amount of it.

My guess is that Krom is 100% free of Aridon's control, though whether he was always like this or Aridon provided him with more and more free-will as time passed it is up to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.