• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Channel Spell with DataOption Physical Spell not castable on spell immune units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey Guys !

I have create a simple "channel" spell that i want to be able to cast on spell immune units (or at least target them with it).

I have set the spell to have Data Option : Physical Spell and i eagerly assumed that will be it. I have used a un-edited dryad as my target and it seems i get the warning message about not being able to hit magically immune targets (as well as not actually being able to hit the unit)

I have added a full screenshot of the ability setup and i was wondering if any of you could give it a look and point out if i am missing something (i am fairly new to WC3 map editor, but slowly grasping the ropes).

Many thanks for you patience !!!

Attachments

• CustomeChannelSpell.PNG
    CustomeChannelSpell.PNG
    55.4 KB · Views: 54
Level 39
Yeah that's weird; like every google result for "channel + physical cast" has people claiming that option makes it work through spell immunity... but it doesn't. If it used to work that way it's broken now, and if it never did maybe all that Physical Cast allows is full duration on things with resistant skin. In any case "visible, universal spell" makes it able to target Dryads, so just use that instead. I think you can also specify "vulnerable, invulnerable" in targets list so you can target invulnerable magic immune units too.

Level 1
Hey Pyrogasm ! Many thanks for the reply ! That is exactly what my research pointed me to as well !

I have tried setting the target to have "[<insert the ones in the screenshot>] + vulnerable, invulnerable" and still no dice.

Edit: scratch that :D

When i get back home i will try to have it set to "universal spell" and see if that solves the problem, then i think i will do the damage type and effect from the trigger :). Once i get the result i think i will post it here so that some other poor soul who stumbles upon this issue find this thread insightful.

Cheers !

Last edited:
Level 1
So i followed Pyrogasm suggestion and set the ability to "Universal spell, Visible". That seems to be the only way in my case to make it work. Wark's idea is also a valid one , "Ensnare" does seem to work well as a base spell , i just feel more comfortable with "channel" :) .

Guys from Heroes of Newerth call the Universal spells , "superior magic" and i sort of wanted to avoid that but i guess it doesn't matter as long as the trigger does its part.

I have also attached a screenshot of an example of an ability based of of "channel" that can be cast on a spell immune unit for anyone finding this thread.

TL-DR Please note that in this game version (as of 30-Jul-2018) the "Physical Spell" cannot be cast on spell immune units and "Universal Spell" type should be used or "Ensnare" to achieve this. Thanks guys !

Attachments

• CustomeChannelSpell2.PNG
    CustomeChannelSpell2.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.