• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channel in spell book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
For some reason i cannot add a channel spell into a spell book.

I need a lot of spells that do nothing and don't need any target location or have any animation like 11 spells or more. So i was trying to use channel because, channel's base order id can be changed which will prevent the overlapping of spells. But, the problem is that i cannot add channel into the spell book.

Any other way to do what i want.

The spell book has 11 spells. The spells should do nothing but, i just need the event of unit casting the spell.
How can i do that?

Level 17
For some reason i cannot add a channel spell into a spell book.

I need a lot of spells that do nothing and don't need any target location or have any animation like 11 spells or more. So i was trying to use channel because, channel's base order id can be changed which will prevent the overlapping of spells. But, the problem is that i cannot add channel into the spell book.

Any other way to do what i want.

The spell book has 11 spells. The spells should do nothing but, i just need the event of unit casting the spell.
How can i do that?

why u cant add?
i add and work well for trigger spells.

its work well after i changed the times, base order id and make it visible...
(anyway ofc u must change channel to unit ability)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 107
Level 7
Thanks.... Thanks.... Thanks...

You helped me form a huge problem.....
Again thanks...............................

By the way what the other options do?

Level 17
Thanks.... Thanks.... Thanks...

You helped me form a huge problem.....
Again thanks...............................

By the way what the other options do?

target image do a circle target image like flame strike or blizard (u define the target area cicle with area effect, example if target image is checked, u use point target, area effect is 200 then when u use the ability its appear a circle image what is 200 range radius and with that u select the target point but loll like area spell, its work well if u combine with trigger spell where u do area damage or area effect)

last 3 thing idk coz i dont tryed them :D

another way, carefull! if u use bear for, metamorph then u must use
JASS:
            call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(u, true, 'A00Z')
where instead A00Z u use that abilities ID what is in spell book else if u use bear form then u lose the abilities in spellbook but else if unit dont use metamorph then dont need to do this :p

Level 11
Physical Spell allows the spell to be cast on magic immune units, but not on ethereal units. Universal Spell allows the spell to be cast on magic immune or ethereal units, basically acting as if it were an ultimate.

Unique Cast makes it so that if you have more than one unit of the same type selected with the same ability, only one of them will cast it per cast order - otherwise all units selected who have the ability will cast it. For example, when you select a group of Troll Berserkers and order them to cast Berserk, all of them will - but if you select a group of Druids of the Talon and order them to Roar, only one will, because Roar is a Unique Cast.

Oh.. thanks..

What does the data - Art Duration do?

Specifies the frequency of when special effect art is played. Art - Caster, Art - Target, Art - Effect, etc. If it's set to .5 it will play every .5 seconds for as long as the ability is active. I don't know if this applies to everything, like missile or lightning effects.

Level 7
Is there any place where i can get more details on channel?

Like which shows the channel duration? etc etc?

Level 7
wow... thanks didn't knew that.....

How to make the channel spell non channel?

Like a normal spell? making "follow through time" = 0 makes unit animation half or like that.

Level 17
wow... thanks didn't knew that.....

How to make the channel spell non channel?

Like a normal spell? making "follow through time" = 0 makes unit animation half or like that.

normal spell, delete animation names thing where is: spell, channel
follow through time set to 0, art time to 0, delete all animation thing(art effect, art caster,art target),set disable other abilities to false,set to visible

Status
Not open for further replies.