• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Add ability to spell book via triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I made a spell book called Quest Log, and what I want to do is when I get a quest it adds an ability to the spell book, but when I look through the events I cannot see anyway to add/remove an ability to/from the spell book, since I do not want them to be permanently in the Spell Book, so setting it in "Data - Spell List" will not work for me.

Any information will be much appreciated

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
We can have up to 12 ability in 1 spell book. If u want more, may be create an ability that when u turn it on, replace a current spell book with other spell book.

Level 26
If you want to be able to dynamically change it, then use another method:

Create an empty spellbook the unit starts off with. For each quest you want to be able to add, create another spellbook that only contains the single quest ability itself. These spellbooks must have the same base order id as the empty spellbook. Disable all spellbooks but the empty one at map init. When you want to add a quest to the unit, add its spellbook instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.