• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Terrain and Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was trying to find a system that changes terrain type of the whole map after say 10 minutes. I used the search function and found a similar thread but all the given links which seemed to help the original poster had already been deleted.

I would really appreciate it if someone could show me how to do this...

Ok, so the map starts out with lordaeron summer. How can I make it so 10 minutes into the game, the tileset changes to lordaeron fall, then 10 minutes later, it changes to winter, then 10 minutes after THAT, changes back to summer and this cycle repeats. The screen could fade to black while the terrain changes and display the season like "Summer," "Fall," and "Winter." At the same time, when the season changes, the trees could change to match the tileset.

I realize this is probably a VERY advanced and complicated system to create but I would really appreciate it and give rep plus a very special mention in-game for your efforts. Plus, I think this system could help a lot of people. :)

Thanks for reading! :D

Level 5
Hmm, that looks promising. I don't really know how to edit that system so I can make it do what I need it to. Would you mind fixing it up for me or explaining to me how? If not, it's fine I understand. +Rep for linking that though. :) It's still a starting point, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.