• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing water mesh/texture?

Level 3
Hey! So, a question. Can I change water mesh/texture (I'm not sure which one is the case here) in this way: I want Lordaeron Winter tileset water on my Icecrown Glacier tileset map. Tinting and so on does not work, water just looks and behaves differently.

I think yo uwant to change the texture's color itself rather than the tinting color. OIne way I think it will work is if you exttract all water textures from the MPQ, change their color in photoshop and import them in the world editor and change their paths to the default paths of the water textures. Tough job.

Try first if changing the lighting and/or water tinting color combo in the world editor doesnt help you.

Level 3
I think yo uwant to change the texture's color itself rather than the tinting color. OIne way I think it will work is if you exttract all water textures from the MPQ, change their color in photoshop and import them in the world editor and change their paths to the default paths of the water textures. Tough job.

Try first if changing the lighting and/or water tinting color combo in the world editor doesnt help you.
Thanks!

I believe that I exhausted all the options editor gives me. I tried with tint and lighting, no that really satisfies me.

Could you elaborate then on the first option? I already downloaded software necessary to extract the files, though I'm not sure where they are... There seems to be only one set of 44 water files there.

Thanks!

I believe that I exhausted all the options editor gives me. I tried with tint and lighting, no that really satisfies me.

Could you elaborate then on the first option? I already downloaded software necessary to extract the files, though I'm not sure where they are... There seems to be only one set of 44 water files there.
44? I saw 7, but maybe there are more. It's that Lords000 blp files . There are tutorials on youtube how to change the color of an image on photoshop or whatever image editing app