• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing some things via trigger possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
  • adsadsasda
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight
      • ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Add 1000 experience to (Killing unit), Hide level-up graphics
You can give units that you don't want to be doomed, the resistant skin ability. It makes the game treat them like heroes.

Level 25
"Via HeroAddXp(unit) (or AddHeroXp, I can't remember the name) native? I tested this earlier and it doesn't work."
The trigger shows that you can add xp to heroes. :)

"And what If I set the Doom Targets Allowed to include Hero?"
Well, it causes some weird gameplay to allow heroes to be targeted by the spell but not units of a certain level, heroes are after all supposed to be "stronger" than normal units.
So yeah, you can do that but I just feel like you're complicating things for yourself just because.. .. I don't know. Sometimes you've got to code around the problem as there are a few things not possible to do in Warcraft.

Level 23
You wanted to change the level of a unit and I thought that was what you wanted it to do, give more xp to heroes.

"And what If I set the Doom Targets Allowed to include Hero?"
Well, it causes some weird gameplay to allow heroes to be targeted by the spell but not units of a certain level, heroes are after all supposed to be "stronger" than normal units.
So yeah, you can do that but I just feel like you're complicating things for yourself just because.. .. I don't know. Sometimes you've got to code around the problem as there are a few things not possible to do in Warcraft.

I want to level units for the reason of it cannot be targetted by Doom anymore.

Yeah that makes sense, I guess I will stick with Resistant Skin. Thanks!
Edit: Can't rep, must spread it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.