• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Changing animation speed using a spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't think so. The only case is that effects that modify attack speed and move speed can change some animations.

Level 19
I don't think so. The only case is that effects that modify attack speed and move speed can change some animations.
Good to see you around man.

Ok well the problem I have is that changing the animation speed breaks lan games, it causes an out of sync error.

but no one seems to be able to help or understand that problem, which is why I'm asking for an alternative to using a trig

can you help?

Level 12
Good to see you around man.

Ok well the problem I have is that changing the animation speed breaks lan games, it causes an out of sync error.

but no one seems to be able to help or understand that problem, which is why I'm asking for an alternative to using a trig

can you help?
Can you show me the trigger that was causing the issue? I play LAN games with my friend and have had 0 desyncs and my map sets animation speed to 0 in a lot of cases (frozen in ice or frozen in time special effects).

Level 19
well my map sets it to 500%

so maybe scaling up is a problem

Actions
Set TempPoint = (Position of (Ordered unit))
Set notosongs = (notosongs + 1)
-------- ____Stops games music_____ --------
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
notosongs Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Set firsttodance = (Ordered unit)
Sound - Stop music Immediately
Else - Actions
Countdown Timer - Start waittimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
-------- ____Stops games music_____ --------
-------- ____Plays Dance music_____ --------
If (notosongs Equal to 1) then do (Sound - Play music[spacer]) else do (Set notosongs = 1)
If - Conditions
notosongs Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Set firsttodance = (Ordered unit)
Sound - Set pitch of music[spacer] to (Random real number between 0.90 and 2.00)
Else - Actions
-------- ____Plays Dance music_____ --------
Animation - Change (Ordered unit)'s animation speed to 500.00% of its original speed
Countdown Timer - Start waittimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 2.00 seconds
Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + !!!!DANCE!!!!)
If - Conditions
firsttodance Equal to (Ordered unit)
Then - Actions
Hero - Order Wonder 0021 <gen> to use (Item carried by Wonder 0021 <gen> of type dance) on (Ordered unit)
Unit - Remove Negative buffs from (Ordered unit)
Hero - Create Clarity Potion and give it to (Ordered unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
Set tempSpecialEffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
Environment - Create at (Region centered at TempPoint with size (600.00, 600.00)) the weather effect Ashenvale Rain (Heavy)
Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
Unit - Order Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) 0162 <gen> to Orc Far Seer - Earthquake TempPoint
Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
Special Effect - Destroy tempSpecialEffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) Off
Environment - Remove (Last created weather effect)
Else - Actions
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 12
So that trigger works as you want it to if you take out the animation speed part?

Also you can use this tutorial to make your triggers look pretty on this site: How to easily post triggers
It's really helpful for reviewing triggers since the plain text is hard to read.

Level 19
So that trigger works as you want it to if you take out the animation speed part?

Also you can use this tutorial to make your triggers look pretty on this site: How to easily post triggers
It's really helpful for reviewing triggers since the plain text is hard to read.

yes it works when posted without the animation change. it works fine during normal play even with animation, but during lan everyone gets kicked out due to out of sync behaviour.

has anyone else ever experienced this?

Level 12
yes it works when posted without the animation change. it works fine during normal play even with animation, but during lan everyone gets kicked out due to out of sync behaviour.

has anyone else ever experienced this?
I definitely haven't. I don't speed up any animations at all, though. I'm not certain what the issue is :( I could try some stuff out in my test map, but if it only causes problems over LAN, then I don't have a proper way to test it by myself.

Level 19
I definitely haven't. I don't speed up any animations at all, though. I'm not certain what the issue is :( I could try some stuff out in my test map, but if it only causes problems over LAN, then I don't have a proper way to test it by myself.

I suppose there is a possible solution. an overly complicated solution but maybe a solution.

uhm... now let me think

I could create a separate model file for every unit in the game. this model file with the animation speed already changed before game start (hard coded) then replace the unit with this modified version when the trigger run

but that is like 200 different models and I'm sure that is going to be pretty buggy

Level 12
I suppose there is a possible solution. an overly complicated solution but maybe a solution.

uhm... now let me think

I could create a separate model file for every unit in the game. this model file with the animation speed already changed before game start (hard coded) then replace the unit with this modified version when the trigger run

but that is like 200 different models and I'm sure that is going to be pretty buggy
Ya don't do that lmao. I think we need someone who understands what the problem could be.

Level 12
I recall from a different thread that attack speed is limited to 400% increase. Is it possible this problem also happens with animation speed?

It should just stop at 400%, though. Not to cause desync...

Level 12
I recall from a different thread that attack speed is limited to 400% increase. Is it possible this problem also happens with animation speed?

That's an interesting point. I think it is also a good idea to test lowering the animation speed to see when it stops breaking (or if it ever stops breaking).

Level 19

it could be possible but I remember having my animation set to 200 at one point yet it still caused the same problems. though I also had terrain deformations at that time

Level 12
Maybe try making a dummy map that only changes unit animations and see what happens. It's important to narrow down the problem to one specific thing. I heard terrain deformations are not synced, so if you use terrain height stuff, it can desync people.

Level 19
Maybe try making a dummy map that only changes unit animations and see what happens. It's important to narrow down the problem to one specific thing. I heard terrain deformations are not synced, so if you use terrain height stuff, it can desync people.
I currently can't test a lan play though.... we are going to need Some help

Status
Not open for further replies.