• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack speed animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don't know if it's possible but I want to be able to change a unit's attack speed in-game without changing it's animation speed. The idea is that a hero's attack speed is based completely on the type of weapon s/he has equipped. I tried using the GUI action that changes a unit's animation speed and it worked on everything save the attack animation. In summary I suppose what I'm wanting to do is change a unit's attack cooldown rather than attack speed. At then end of the day it's a cosmetic issue, since I can easily change the unit's attack speed to match the weapon type, but it seems like a big ugly one to me. Any ideas? (using multiple unit types is out)

Level 11
It is possible until the length of the attackanimations is smaller than the attack interval. F.e. your attackanimation has a duration of 1 second. The damagepoint of your units attack is set to 0.500 seconds. And the attack interval is set to 5 seconds. That means your unit will attack every 5 seconds. If you set your attackintervall to 1 second the unit will attack every second without changing the animation speed. If your attackinterval becomes smaller than 1 second the unit attacks faster and increases its animationspeed. If your attackinterval becomes smaller than the duration of its damagepoint, animationerrors will occur and the animations get cut.

Level 2
The problem is that the animations become incredibly slow when equipping a slow attack weapon like a staff, not that they are too fast. I'm thinking I may be able to change the base cooldown and work off of a higher base. The goal is that the attack animation runs fairly close to 100% speed (ideally at 100%) and then there is a longer duration of stand/stand ready animation between attacks that are slower and occur less often

Status
Not open for further replies.