• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Change Unit's projectile scale in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi!
I need to change the unit's projectiles scale in-game.
When I change the unit scale in World Editor - everything is fine, its projectiles become bigger as intended.
But the in-game trigger changes only unit size, but his projectiles size remains intact:

• Set VariableSet TempReal[7] = (Real((100 + (20 x TEI_INI))))
  • Animation - Change BOSS_DummyAdd[4]'s size to (TempReal[7]%, TempReal[7]%, TempReal[7]%) of its original size
Of course, there is a solution to create multiple copies of the unit with different scales and replace them one by one when needed.
But maybe there is a more… elegant way to achieve that?
Thanks!

Level 39
Bear form ... will break attack animation while cast
Not bear form... reverse bear form: Hero passive transformation into another version of the same unit with a different scaling value.
Not really, I've just shorten this
You misunderstand me. A+Bi is complex number notation where i = sqrt(-1). Since I couldn't see an i variable being used in your first post it looks like a complex number. And incidentally complex numbers are very related to angles.

Level 7
reverse bear form: Hero passive transformation into another version of the same unit with a different scaling value.
This is a nice trick, but what if I need let's say, 100 scaling variants? If I understand it correct, it can provide two scaling numbers, from UnitType A and UnitType B.
You misunderstand me. A+Bi is complex number notation where i = sqrt(-1).
yup, should copy-paste it from WE, instead of being lazy :smile:

Level 39
Yeah just two. Would need a new pair of ability + unit for each different size you want it to become. I proposed that as a way that might change the unit's scaling value in a way the projectile engine 'recognizes' if straight setting its scaling value directly doesn't produce results.

Status
Not open for further replies.