• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change doodad height instantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Is it possible to change a doodads z-height instantly without having to keep pressing control + page up or control + page down?

I need this for a huge *** doodad I'm using in my map, which took me almost 5 minutes to set to the correct z-height.

I want to recreate it and make it even bigger, which means I have to keep pressing ctrl + page up for more then 10 minutes probably.

Is there any way I can do this instantly? Without having to use any scripts in order to set the doodad to a specific z-height, since I want the ability to alter it inside the world editor instead of only being abled to do that in-game?

Maybe any lua script that creates the object for me inside the editor on the specified z-height?

EDIT: yay 400th post xD

Level 11
Edit the model in Magos
No wait, make a platform under at a certain height, then remove the platform and doodads/destructibles will stay on that height.

Will need testing, though, will update this post soon.

No I have found the solution:
native CreateDeadDestructableZ takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real z, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable

Last edited:
Level 14
Edit the model in Magos
No wait, make a platform under at a certain height, then remove the platform and doodads/destructibles will stay on that height.

Will need testing, though, will update this post soon.

No I have found the solution:
native CreateDeadDestructableZ takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real z, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable

Thank you for this native, pretty useful ;)
What is this part about Dead though? Alive doodads can not be created with this native :S?
Does this also mean it can not be used for doodads, but only for destructables?

Also: if the Pitch angle has been changed inside object editor, then it would be created on that same pitch angle as I imagine?
Ow and erm, if it has no variation I guess 0 will suffice?

Level 17
Thank you for this native, pretty useful ;)
What is this part about Dead though? Alive doodads can not be created with this native :S?
Does this also mean it can not be used for doodads, but only for destructables?

Also: if the Pitch angle has been changed inside object editor, then it would be created on that same pitch angle as I imagine?
Ow and erm, if it has no variation I guess 0 will suffice?

this is the funny from blizzard, no? they forget about z :D

CreateDestructable takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable

but instead fix that they made another native

CreateDestructableZ takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real z, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable

Level 14
Or just make it a unit with Locust ability, Fly movement type and set its flying height......

Eerm is it smart to create a unit of scaling size 12 that's bigger then the entire map?
Is it even possible to change the stormsphere doodad into a unit without causing any bugs/glitches?
Either ways, not that I'm going to do it this way since creating a doodad with the native shadowvzs suggested is easier. But it does make me wonder...
It's an inside-out mesh so I'm not sure if it's even possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.