1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Change doodad height instantly?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Hashjie, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it possible to change a doodads z-height instantly without having to keep pressing control + page up or control + page down?

I need this for a huge *** doodad I'm using in my map, which took me almost 5 minutes to set to the correct z-height.

I want to recreate it and make it even bigger, which means I have to keep pressing ctrl + page up for more then 10 minutes probably.

Is there any way I can do this instantly? Without having to use any scripts in order to set the doodad to a specific z-height, since I want the ability to alter it inside the world editor instead of only being abled to do that in-game?

Maybe any lua script that creates the object for me inside the editor on the specified z-height?

EDIT: yay 400th post xD

2. kkots

kkots

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit the model in Magos
    No wait, make a platform under at a certain height, then remove the platform and doodads/destructibles will stay on that height.

Will need testing, though, will update this post soon.

No I have found the solution:
    native CreateDeadDestructableZ takes integer objectid, real x, real y, real z, real face, real scale, integer variation returns destructable

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this native, pretty useful ;)
    What is this part about Dead though? Alive doodads can not be created with this native :S?
    Does this also mean it can not be used for doodads, but only for destructables?

Also: if the Pitch angle has been changed inside object editor, then it would be created on that same pitch angle as I imagine?
    Ow and erm, if it has no variation I guess 0 will suffice?

4. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    this is the funny from blizzard, no? they forget about z :D

but instead fix that they made another native

5. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    whaha, nicely point out :p

6. kkots

kkots

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or just make it a unit with Locust ability, Fly movement type and set its flying height......

7. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i think 100 custom unit make more loading time than 100 doodas because unit got far more data

8. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eerm is it smart to create a unit of scaling size 12 that's bigger then the entire map?
    Is it even possible to change the stormsphere doodad into a unit without causing any bugs/glitches?
    Either ways, not that I'm going to do it this way since creating a doodad with the native shadowvzs suggested is easier. But it does make me wonder...
    It's an inside-out mesh so I'm not sure if it's even possible. :)