• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Celestium Mapping Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
But you see, the paired mapping contest is/was highly restrictive:
  • You must find a partner to work with
  • You can not work with more than one person
  • You must follow the theme

This contest eliminates that, giving alot more freedom.

The greatest aspect of this contest is that it allows ppl to enter with maps they were going to/planning on creating anyways.
Except now they have a stronger motivation to finish & complete their project.

You don't have to suddenly come up with an idea that suits this particular contest, you simply can create/enter with a map you enjoy making & above all want to make.

===

So no, far from failing I think this contest would be highly successful.

Should also be noted the paired mapping contest finishes this weekend, so in theory this contest could start shortly afterwards.

That's exactly what I was aiming for originally. :smile: and I tried to keep the themes quite open.

@ Donut 3.5 well if you have any ideas I'm all ears

Level 34
Alright. If people were to make more simple maps, this could work. But by your original descriptions, I thought you wanted this to be for large scale productions. Like campaigns, or large orpgs, and whatnot. Those would not work, but if people were to make tower defenses, AoS (simple ones), hero defense, ect. it might work out.

Level 12
I've been speaking to BoB, he sounds optimistic, so hopefully we'll see in this the future.

One thing I hope we get thou, is no particular theme (no restrictions).
Would be great to just simply have a open contest for all & everyone!

Level 11
mhm I really wanted that too maybe you can make one theme that is like that (which would be called custom) so that sometimes you can do loose themes and sometimes just completely free.

Though if he is willing to approove it without ANY themes I am all for it.

Level 22
With the absence of Wolverabid, the contest situation has pretty much come to a halt. We're mostly focusing on getting the current contests taken care of.
As such, this contest will probably have to wait due to its scope, but it is rather intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.