• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Cast Point and Backswing Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I used World Editor for over 2 years and yet I don't know what is [highlight]Cast Point[/code] and [highlight]Backswing Point[/code] in the Arts Section. Also what is the difference between the Arts Section and the Combat Section? Can somebody explain it to me clearly?

Level 22
Cast Point: The amount of time in seconds the unit will perform the animation of the casted ability. Setting it to zero will make all the ability cast by that unit to instant. Example, using blink will instantly transfer you to the new location instead of waiting for the animation to finish. Ability effect will not start when this animation is not finished.
Backswing Point: After the ability is cast, it will perform the backswing animation. Since the effect of the ability already run, canceling this will not affect anything.

In the Arts Section, it refers when casting a spell. In combat section, it is the attack.

More info here

Level 12
Cast point is used by most abilities and is added to the casting time of the ability which equals in the overall time which is required to cast the ability (until it takes effect).

Backswing point is the length of animation after an ability took effect. It can be canceled however via ordering another command.

The combat section has the same for attack, roughly said.

edit:Shadow Flux, Blink is one of the abilities which does not use the units cast point.

Level 22
edit:Shadow Flux, Blink is one of the abilities which does not use the units cast point.

Really? Hmm, when using World Editor I always create a Global Blink Ability for testing purposes and if I recall correctly, Im always annoyed that I have to wait a few millisec when casting Global Blink. Also, if you know Dota, Queen of Pain's Blink dies not look instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.