• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Carriorn Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I know i need to trigger it,but how?i usually do unit group pick every unit in X range of casting unit and deal X damage for AOE spells.How can i pick the units that are hit be cone only?The units in a cone if im saying it right.

Level 12
By using math to find the area of a cone that is positioned in front of the caster.

I hate math, that's why I don't make spells, :)

Level 6
Well I think your loop trigger would keep setting a TempLocation towards the StoredAngle and then configure using a Real the intervals of when the next location is set and when the bigger AoE unit group is found. (The unit group wont add units that are already in a unit group or w/e). So each duration the Aoe Gets a little bigger creating a cone effect. Would there be a way to use a dummy unit and set its model to the ability carrion swarm so that you can trigger the movement and animation size of the unit easier?

Level 12
It would be something like this:

• Carrion Swarm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Carrion Swarm
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Caster = (Position of (Casting unit))
          • Set Picked = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set Temp_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Angle from Caster to Picked) Less than or equal to ((Angle from Caster to Temp_Point) + 30.00)
              • (Angle from Caster to Picked) Greater than or equal to ((Angle from Caster to Temp_Point) - 30.00)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Caster)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Picked)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
But try doing it yourself first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.