• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Can't open my map on WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone !

I think i created a wrong
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_PointTemp1)
Trigger (forgot a character or something like that)
Thing is i saved my map, WE crashed, and now i can't open it anymore...

My last test were long time ago, did a lot of work since it, i would like to take back everything i did.

Have anyone a solution for this problem ? A MPQ browser maybe ?

Thanks

Edit : When i open the map, i have the error : Data info level missing or invalid.

Level 4
Sorry, the only thing i remember on the crash message in something about my "Call custom script".

Tryed to download JNGP, but seems like my computer don't want him (even when my firewall is OFF)

Uploaded the map, if anyone with JNGP or another program could take a look, it would be really nice !

Edit : i just saw the different side between my old map and this one... I feel like i'll have to start from the old one -.-"

Attachments

• HnS.w3x
    14.5 KB · Views: 44
Level 20
That's rather weird- in your crash it says "Call custom script" in mine (it doesn't really crash) it won't open saying -Level Data missing or invalid. I tried JNGP and WEU but still nothing... let me tell you: if you have to start with the old one, if you need any help, just come to me.

Also, remember everything you did before you saved it and it crashed (maybe you imported something corrupt, pressed something on your keyboard, deleted an important file, trigger errors, etc.) Maybe you should try opening the LastSavedMap file or whatever it was called; it usually is the backup of the last saved map you had. If the last saved map you have is the crashed one, maybe you have a chance.

Level 4
W/e, this is my life : work on something, my amazing luck comes then and ruins it.

Anyway thanks for answering me, i know where i was when it crashed, 4 hours of work gone.

I'll make multiple saves of my map from now on, could avoid those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.