• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can't Send Custom Maps to Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey There,

I'm creating a map in the world editor and I have no problem opening it and testing it on my own computer. When I send the file to a friend and he tries to open it in his world editor it gives him the error message "Level info data missing or invalid".

I have no problem opening maps from him but no matter what I try he can't open my maps, I've even tried sending him the auto save test maps that are generated when you test the map but he can't open them either.

I'd like other people to be able to open the file to work on different parts of the map, how can I fix this issue?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But...this is temporary, right?
It does not apply to you or him since 1.31 has nothing to do with Reforged as it offers Classic only.

Reforged is 1.32 and unless a map is specified as Reforged only it will still open in 1.32 without Reforged.
open Reforged maps in the classic editor.
Both use the same editor. Just the Reforged graphics are behind a paywall/licence check.

Status
Not open for further replies.