• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Cant access hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Ever since hive went down yesterday I cannot access it on my computer. It just loads as timeout and connection failed when ever I try to access the site, iv added it to my hostfile and stuff and that still dont work...anyone got any hints? Im sure its on my side, something with my computer only. iv tried to clean my cache etc and restart firefox and other browsers and it still dont work.

Level 15
Yeah, I also get that error message sometimes. It's a real pain when that happens while I'm posting or replying something.

I think this only happens when the site's WAY too busy, or experiencing technical problems...

Level 8
My experience with this is that i varies from ISP to ISP. My best guess is that it is due to an flaw in the way the dynamic dns is setup or works. I never experienced this from home but at school i have this problem all the time.

Level 15
It's most likely due to the fact the site is using dynamic DNS. Whenever the site switches to a new IP address, there is about a 1-minute delay before the DNS record's TTL expires and everyone is able to see the new IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.