• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Canon Fight 1.2b

Reactions: Tleno
I got idea for this map while playing missile wars. I wanted to create simillar map, but without the building craziness.

Each team is located on one ship, which has limited amount of slots for different buildings (currently two types - canons and small devices, large devices coming in next version). That forces players to carefully choose what to build.
Efficiency of canons and shields is affected by usage of Mana Generators - they have the ability to give their mana to another devices. That makes it possible to flexibly switch between attacking and defending.

The version is completely playable, but it still lacks some details, which will be improved in future versions.

Changes from 1.2:
- fixed magic towers issue

Changes from 1.1:
- rearranged slots
- new canon - Trash Launcher
- new use of gold
- few other fixes

Keywords:
missile war, ship
Contents

Canon Fight 1.2b (Map)

Reviews
04:07, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 18
Tested, and theres no cannons, and when you build a slot the slot is given to the Ship and not the player, rendering you to be able to do nothing at all.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to be over the slot, make it so you can be next to the slot as well.

Edit again: The Canon slot activator doesn't activate at all.

Level 7
Edit again: The Canon slot activator doesn't activate at all.

Hi.
First of all you got to active the small device slot after that select the slot and build "Captain's Quarters" then build "Active Cannon Slot" you will get a wisp, go to the cannon slot (With the wisp) and active it, select it and build your cannon.

Going to test it more now, but looks like a nice and original map :)

Edit:
Ok, Played it multiplayer and players didn't know what to do, I suggest you to write details IN MAP like you did on this website..give players 30 sec to read to understand the map before starting to play,loading or the "Quest" because everyone is so confused and I have to explain the map but while I do that I already got few cannons and have the advantage :/, You did write descriptions of devices and buildings but you missed the Cannons, took me a while to understand which cannon do what and I wish I knew what damage they do.
Making it 4 vs 4 would make the map more fun.

For the future you might also make a better terrain(Fishes,seaweed etc, a terrain!), get a better ship model so it would look like a SHIP and not a pile of wood.

1 of my cannons got destroyed, I couldn't use the slot anymore, supposed to be like that or a bug?

How do you find device slot? after a while it was difficult for me to find an empty device slot I could use, make something to see/notice them.
Just a suggestion, make unused activators as unused builder (You know what I mean) I hope you do XD.
Change the color of Large Device Slot to other than blue(If possible would be easier to see if its small or large slot).

Game progressing kind of slow, increase the missile speed.
Add more cannons and upgrades, just work on the map.

Scoreboard: The Human Ship and the HP Percentage are merged (See Screenshot)

Well I had to wait about 5 minutes until I finished off the other ship (all left) and the missiles are really slow, and the victory message is bugged (see screenshot)

2/5 for now.

Attachments

• bah.jpg
    bah.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
Level 19
I found this map very fun.
It is a different, creative twist on Missile War.
However, it still needs work.
I am talking about this like the mana condenser not having any upgrades, there are not enough large buildings etc.
There were also multiple bugs, for example the greater shield can be upgraded into a fortified one...
Make the treasure chest model bigger, add more building slots, make the enhanced mana generator bigger.
But despite all this, I still found this map very enjoyable, when all the bugs are gone I will change my rating to 5/5 but for now...
4/5

Level 12
Large devices are currenty unaviable (mana condenser did't work at all). As soon as there are any usable Large devices, the activators will be back.

I would appreciate any bug reports, i believe 1.1b has no serious gaming bugs (the scoreboard will be improved somehow), now I am focusing on some new features (for example, everyone has tons of gold later, I think some other uses for gold are necessary). Also, the mana battery upgrade tree has to be filled, now there is only one way how to upgrade, I would like EVERY building to have 2 different upgrades.

So, every idea is appreciated, there is a lot to do here.

Level 2
Hi.
First of all you got to active the small device slot after that select the slot and build "Captain's Quarters" then build "Active Cannon Slot" you will get a wisp, go to the cannon slot (With the wisp) and active it, select it and build your cannon.

Going to test it more now, but looks like a nice and original map :)

Edit:
Ok, Played it multiplayer and players didn't know what to do, I suggest you to write details IN MAP like you did on this website..give players 30 sec to read to understand the map before starting to play,loading or the "Quest" because everyone is so confused and I have to explain the map but while I do that I already got few cannons and have the advantage :/, You did write descriptions of devices and buildings but you missed the Cannons, took me a while to understand which cannon do what and I wish I knew what damage they do.
Making it 4 vs 4 would make the map more fun.

For the future you might also make a better terrain(Fishes,seaweed etc, a terrain!), get a better ship model so it would look like a SHIP and not a pile of wood.

1 of my cannons got destroyed, I couldn't use the slot anymore, supposed to be like that or a bug?

How do you find device slot? after a while it was difficult for me to find an empty device slot I could use, make something to see/notice them.
Just a suggestion, make unused activators as unused builder (You know what I mean) I hope you do XD.
Change the color of Large Device Slot to other than blue(If possible would be easier to see if its small or large slot).

Game progressing kind of slow, increase the missile speed.
Add more cannons and upgrades, just work on the map.

Scoreboard: The Human Ship and the HP Percentage are merged (See Screenshot)

Well I had to wait about 5 minutes until I finished off the other ship (all left) and the missiles are really slow, and the victory message is bugged (see screenshot)

2/5 for now.

is your keyboard still working?

Level 4
A pretty nice map, but there has GOT to be more components than that. Add new devices.
Also, the gameplay is a little more Warcraft 3 era (i.e. glaive throwers, meat wagons, magic towers, etc.).
Other than that, no comment.
4/5 for the lack of devices.

Level 2
i suggest more upgrades and fixing the problem where if you have a lot of generators, if you tell 1 to transfer, 2 other ones wont be able to do anything, otherwise great map :thumbs_up: