• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can your computer stand Sc2?

Can your computer stand Sc2?

• Yes

Votes: 102 58.6%
  • Barely

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BUY IT!

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
If Yes means playing Medium without a problem, playing High with lag from time to time and Ultra with a lot more lag, then Yes.

I would rather not have lag at all and play Medium than have even slight lag and play High. At High I had a battle where some lag appeared during the battle and I didnt see what happened. Even slight lag matters, a little graphics loss compared to high - not.

Here are the differences between the three graphics&textures:

Level 3
i play on lowest graphics and sometimes lags i in 1v1 2v2, but my comp is very old so im happy that sc2 is so old computer friendly

Level 22
Medium settings. I could run it higher, but higher graphic settings look almost the same and if I do then I have a bit of annoying lag.

The same, not much lag but frequent enough. Just not worth having lag just for slightly better graphics on High. But they did make changes because in Beta Medium didn't look that good and wasn't animated, it was much poorer. And in beta High used to work without lag for me.

Level 21
Yes, because I have three hard drives, which makes it so easier.
My Warcraft III runs perfectly, and I have a updated video card with my COM too.

Level 5
I can play with almost everything on High without large battles becoming laggy. I'm at a loss as to why the game ever lags however... It's by far more advanced than Wc3 but it's not THAT advanced..

Level 20
Sc2 more demanding than Crysis, stat? I'm not so sure on that... sure there are games more demanding but sc2 isn't THAT good visually, maybe with a full 200 pop each, 8 player melee map.

Anyway I play high, I can play ultra but due to having only 2gb of ram (other 2gb got corrupt recently) it lags at the start of games for half a min or so - which is the worst time for it to do so imo, especially if you want to rush ^^

Level 5
K, I played it on ultra during beta, but now I'm too poor to buy the game. WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER?

Status
Not open for further replies.