• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

From WoL to patch 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hello!

So, as a few of you already know :p, I have recently acquired StarCraft II: HotS. After a long download, I've managed to play a few missions of the campaign. However, I'm experiencing some issues and I have a few doubts:
  • In Wings of Liberty, I used to be able to play at Medium graphics settings with no performance problems whatsoever. I think I even played it in High at some point. However, as of right now, SC2 says my computer doesn't tolerate higher than Low. Why the change?
  • In the Battle.Net app interface, when I click "Options", the menu appears for a few miliseconds and then immediately fades away. I assume this is a problem on my end.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
So, I've finished Heart of the Swarm. I played the campaign on Hard and it seemed pretty easy overall. I even did the last missions on Brutal and it wasn't so difficult. Kerrigan is just wait too imba! It made the game feel kinda dull.

I started playing Whispers of Oblivion and couldn't beat the first mission on Brutal, that's the kind of difficulty I'd rather expect.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In Wings of Liberty, I used to be able to play at Medium graphics settings with no performance problems whatsoever. I think I even played it in High at some point. However, as of right now, SC2 says my computer doesn't tolerate higher than Low. Why the change?
Because it is what they recommend and not what you are capable of. They always recommend below what you are capable of most of the time because you need high frame rates in large battles (where performance is the worst) in order to play properly. It is not playable when you have 1FPS every time your army clashes with another army. People will argue that anything below 30FPS at all times in melee play is unplayable.

In the Battle.Net app interface, when I click "Options", the menu appears for a few miliseconds and then immediately fades away. I assume this is a problem on my end.
Probably. It is also unrelated to SC2 because BattleNet application deals with all Blizzard games.

So, I've finished Heart of the Swarm. I played the campaign on Hard and it seemed pretty easy overall. I even did the last missions on Brutal and it wasn't so difficult. Kerrigan is just wait too imba! It made the game feel kinda dull.
That was kind of the point of her. She still needs a lot of micro and a lot of the missions cannot be won with her alone on Brutal (you need at least some army to help speed up killing).

I started playing Whispers of Oblivion and couldn't beat the first mission on Brutal, that's the kind of difficulty I'd rather expect.
LotV has some very tricky parts. Additionally for most missions you do not have a hero like in WoL.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Because it is what they recommend and not what you are capable of.
In WoL they recommended Medium. Hence why I expected it to remain Medium in LotV.

That was kind of the point of her. She still needs a lot of micro and a lot of the missions cannot be won with her alone on Brutal (you need at least some army to help speed up killing).
Respawning all dead zerglings is way too imba for example. Most of the missions I just trained a lot of zerglings and kept attacking. It might go slower, but in every go you manage to crack a little further, until it eventually breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.