• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crysis 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm a hardcore Crysis fan.

Anyone else?

High Res gameplay video:

Crysis 2 comes out in Q1 of 2011, set for March at the moment.

They are obviously making some major changes that some people might not notice (I like the aesthetics of a video game as much as the gameplay)

• More realistic interface (your rifle appears larger and feels like a rifle this time)
• Fluid animations (e.g Crysis 1's reloading animations were kind of... robotic... they seem to be making some attempts to fix that in Crysis 2, giving the animations a bit more time to complete and what not)
• CryTek focused on graphics, but, also on making the engine more reasonable for those who don't wanna invest a huge chunk of cash into their computer to handle just one game (it's true, with dual 9800gts and quadecore, 8gb DDR3, game-tuned, a PC can barely handle Crysis capped and let alone be that much above 25 or 30 fps - it's just insane)1
Noticeable!

• Alien as humanoid-like things! Yay?
• Heavy weapons!
• More Nano Suit combo moves!

--

If you wanna check it out [TLDR]: http://www.ea.com/crysis-2

Level 15
The system requirements are naturally not as high as Crysis and Crysis Warhead, the change in environment from a massive Tropical Island to a Concrete Jungle plays a huge role in that.

I'm a little worried that Crytek will try to use shaders to make up for a lack in geometrical detail, since shaders would provide Console users with optimal graphics, yet it would limit us PC Enthusiasts.

Level 20
8 DDR3? No, no, no!

I run it absolutely fine maxed on a single 4890 and 4gb, i5.
It's more GPU demanding I guess...

Still I think just moving it to a city makes it look worse, despite graphical improvements, it's 'duller', if you get me?

Will probably get the game when the price drops, otherwise it doesn't look too much different from the first yet =/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Was crysis even 64 bit... I would like to remind you that 32 bit games can only use upto 4 GB of memory.

Maxing crysis on any gaming machine is easy nowdays, due to the fact that graphic cards are insanly strong if you are into gaming. The problem is if you do things like AA or ultra HD as those put intense strain on any graphic card for little vistual perfromance. Thus AA and resolution are usually ignored when describing if you max something.

Level 9
Yea yea I was using 8gb of RAM as an exaggeration, leave meh be! :p

I like the urban environment personally... I just hope they implement a rank system that is more rewarding (like in Crysis 1 power struggles). Or... a leaderboard/stats page where you can see some type of pregression. It's the modern way! Gatta go for that skinner box.... just gatta....

Status
Not open for further replies.