• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you tell a unit move like shift click move (maybe rally point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Where you say go 100 feet forward, then go 100 feet backward, then go 100 feet right.
Dont check if he made it, or guess with a timer, but do it like when you play warcraft 3. and you tell a unit to go to a few spots with shift click.

Can this be done with triggers?

Please understand i know you can do this with regions ect but that's not what i am looking for. I am trying to by pass collusion detection to see if it got to the point.

Level 12
example. Roller Coster Man Unit, Go to Point x1,y1,z1 Faceing Point (A) then after you reached that point go to Go to Point x2,y2,z2 Faceing Point (B) then ect ect.

The way i have planed checks if the unit makes it to the point. But that requires alot of checking. In my other Train game it works but this will require the roller coster cart to hit alot more points, So i fear it may be a bit stop and go. But even with checking if the unit got there, it may still be fast enoufe. I am just trying to keep my options opened.

Any help is good.

Thnx For looking at it in the first place :)

Level 4
make a trigger where you order a unit to go to position 1 and when he enters position 1 go to position 2 and then to 3 and then back to 1. just use a region or temp position.

Level 12
eh you didnt read my first post. What it said was i know how to do that. But i am trying to streamline my game, i have something like that planed but the hole idea is to by pass something like that.

i want to give it every order to where its going to have to go all at once. or have them saved in varbiles, and slowly add them to the que if you can only have 5 qued for example. This way there will be no need for checking if it reached it point, because as soon as it gets to point a it will start going to point b. Also there will be no lag time between it.

At the moment it checks if its in the region all the time. And that works, I used it for my train game, But for roller coster game its gona need alot more points that are much closer togather, Thus i will be stop and go alot because it cant check if its in teh region fast enoufe. Anyway.

P.S.

What i am looking for is this or a soultion like it, Like figureing out how long it takes to get from a-z exztazaly and i might be able to tell it to go the the next point just before it stops. It would be a bit of varbile tracking ect. But it may work.

Que orders would be most simple, But i hear its inpossilbe. Ill check out the point where he siad this... but i am not sure it will que orders...pretty sure it wont.

Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to move to ((Position of (Triggering Unit)) with polar offset ( x , y ))

Level 11
ah well I didnt quite understand you either... I dont really see/know anyway that you could cue it like that... thouh maybe with JASS but I wouldnt know about that.

if you want it to be smoother then make the trigger to move to the next location occur before he reaches the current location

Level 12
ya, thats my back up way of doing it, but i fear its gona be fairly painful to do that because of the fact that it will be going differnt disntaces, so i will have to figure out the exzact amouf of time.

Anyway thnx for trying guys. Ill work on my communication skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.