• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] "rally point of triggering unit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey. I have a map that includes some buildings that summon units rather than train them, and I am trying to figure if there is a way to make the rally point work (I added the rally ability to them). As far as I can tell when testing the trigger, "rally point of triggering unit" appears to do nothing. It fails to identify where the rally point of a unit is, be it a building or not, and whether it is set on a point or an object. (I used messages and floating text in my trigger to test this). Is there something I am likely missing, or an alternative way to do this that I may not know about?

Thanks

Level 19
This is a bit counter to how unit events usually function, in this event, triggering unit = summoned unit.

This works.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Rally-Point of (Summoning unit) as a point)

What youre missing is "probably" to use the message and floating text directly in relation to the references of the trigger youre working on.

Last edited:
Level 7
Oh my. Many thanks, @[db]east ! I was under the impression, because of the events wording, that the summoning unit was the triggering unit, and I didn't give a second thought to that. This was what caused all the problems in my tests. Having fixed it according to that, all my tests worked now, just as desired!

Thanks again!

Level 19
Oh my. Many thanks, @[db]east ! I was under the impression, because of the events wording, that the summoning unit was the triggering unit, and I didn't give a second thought to that. This was what caused all the problems in my tests. Having fixed it according to that, all my tests worked now, just as desired!

Thanks again!

Never trust the editor when doing something unfamiliar. Sometimes it works in mysterious ways. Just look at this shitshow of a trigger. I removed some stuff to show what I mean.

The hero has 4 abilities that can be changed with engineering upgrade so that it can learn an infinite variety of spells avoiding the hardcoded block of, hmm is it 11 maximum spells per hero. I dont fucking know how it works to this day but every step is important for it work properly. You start with a hidden worthless Q spell and In the end you end up with the ability Pulled Pork and can level it up as usual, the only thing required is that the unit automatically learns the first level the ability when buying the ability and that the ability targets the same way if I am not mistaken.

• Buy Spells Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Enable Q Spell for (Player(local_Int))
          • Unit - Add Pulled Pork (Pig) to local_Caster
          • Hero - Learn skill for local_Caster: Q Spell
          • Player - Disable Q Spell for (Player(local_Int))
          • Unit - Add Engineering Upgrade (Pulled Pork) to local_Caster
          • Unit - For local_Caster, Ability Engineering Upgrade (Pulled Pork), Hide ability: True
          • Unit - Remove Pulled Pork (Pig) from local_Caster
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.