• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Can someone help me with my "Plant Bomb" ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Trying to make an ability where a unit plants a bomb.
This bomb is neutral passive and just more or less sits there until it is detonated. I wanted the blast radius to be visible on deployment so I based the ability off of a Stasis Ward. Unfortunately, I cannot remove the timer (something I can live with), nor can I change the timer's name (Something I'd like changed to fuse) and the bomb is invisible (Which is a problem).

So the issues I'd like solved are:

1. Can I rename the timer? (If I can, I can't bloody find it!)
  2. Can I make it not invisible? (It doesn't have an ability that makes it permanently invisible. It just is, for some reason)
The other things, such as remote detonation, were simple enough and are already implemented. I do need help on the fuse and invisibility thing though. The base spell doesn't need to be stasis ward, but I would like the blast radius to be visible.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Level 7
Change the buff on stasis trap to change the timer name, as for the visibility I believe it's hard coded...

Edit: here's one with range indicators to fiddle around with.

Thanks!

So, originally, I was just going to screenshot the triggers to show you what I ultimately did after getting some nifty information from your map. But then I thought "They gave me such a nice map, they didn't need to. Could of just been a blank map. But they went through the effort to give you a nice map." So I have created a map for you that contains the triggers for the bomb. The triggering isn't fancy, but it works. Not to mention that it was an excuse to practice dialogue stuff on the scale of a very small project.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• BombTest.w3x
    34.4 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.