• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Help - How to make a time bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright guys what I want to know is how do you grab an item, place the item at a location, then have something to activate the timebomb to activate and after X seconds it explodes and deals area damage, I do not know how to do this, can anyone help me with this?

In my map, I placed destructible rocks blocking a road, my objective in that map is to blow those rocks, I got a timebomb model, so I wish to be able to place the timebomb close to the rocks and after placing the bomb, I have to move the unit away from the radius until it explodes by a timer.

This is a possible Solution, it allows multiple Bomb-Placing in the same time.
  • Single Target Spell - Allow Targeting Items.
  • Trigger Cast: Check if the target is really a Time bomb,
    • Create a invisible Dummy unit with 4 second life time no Attack ect.
    • Save the activaded "Item"-Bomb inside a Hashtable first key the Item Second Key the Dummy Unit.
  • Trigger Event on Death: Bomb-Dummy Dies
    • Check if the Bomb is hidden, Carried?
    • Do AoE Dmg around the Bomb
    • Pick Destructibles in Area and dmd/kill them, maybe check for correct type.

Last edited:
Level 10
Copy item Sentry Ward, item ability and the ward. Remove all of the ward's abilities, add a custom instant cast ability, such as Channel (to set timer). You need two triggers:

1. When a unit cast the stated ability, add a timer of xx seconds to it.
  2. When a unit type of stated ward dies, do damage to AoE units and destructibles.

Level 19
the simplest solution is to just give a unit the explode on death ability. then give it an expiration timer to its life span or use a trig to kill it after x amount of seconds.

the the only thing you need to do is created about 3 timer explosion items. 1 for 1 second...2....3

now your units have the option of using a bomb that explodes in one second or one that explodes in 3.

simply created a trig that detects if the item of goblin mine is used.... then say destroy goblin mine in 3 seconds

if you don't know trig... sorry my instructions ars a bit unclear

Level 4
thank you all for the help, i'll try the stuff you told me, I have a good feeling about it this time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.