• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys and girls, I'm wanting to start making a campaign from a story I've been writing. I was wanting to know something first, Is it possible to have a branching story.

I'll describe what I mean in depth, Lets say you have level 1 and from this level can you have two or more different ways to finish the level which go to different outcome levels. Say in this first level your character has a choice (lets say a heads or tails for now) and if they pick heads they go and do a certain task with ends the level and then they go on to a new map, call this level 2a, but if they chose tails they would do a different task and then go into a different level, called level 2b.

Is this possible to do in a campaign how it is set up in warcaraft 3 or am I asking for to much?

Level 11
Yes, it is possible. But if you realy wanna make that kind of cammpaing you will need a lot of maps inside of your campaing folder whit different situations, units and quests. Also it requires complicated triggers system.
But if you realy think you can do that, keep working on it. If you succeed in your project that will be something new and groundbraking on hivework shop.
So good luck whit your project and I hope that you will succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.