• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign plot holes you wish to see fixed in Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Yet another copy-paste from my post in the us battle net:

There are some things in Classic WC3 that weren’t too clear so I thought maybe some new cinematic wouldn’t hurt (well they said they scrapped redoing of voices, but not new voices). So far here are some of those I found:
  • How some Kul Tirans knew about the missing ships in Southshore
  • How and why did some High Elves decide to help Lordaeron and join Jaina’s brigade against King Anasterian’s orders
  • I think the Stratholme citizens shouldn’t be just standing when they were being killed and some should retaliate against Arthas
  • How Arthas got his horse back
  • How Jaina managed to get some brigades to agree with her to sail to the West
  • How Stromgarde and Gilneas somehow agreed to send some brigades to Jaina
  • How Southern Lordaeron and Aerie Peak reacted on the Scourge
  • How Kel’thuzad was able to determine that some Archmagi were powering up the force field generators as ex-Kirin Tor
  • Where the characters in Day of the Dragon were during the Siege of Dalaran (Rhonin, Vereesa Windrunner, Ansirem Runeweaver, Drenden, Modera, etc.)
  • Basically what happened to the Kirin Tor survivors after Dalaran fell
  • Some interactions or reactions maybe of Tyrande when she sees High Elves
  • How the Skull of Gul’dan managed to get to Felwood from Dalaran
  • More of the so-called relationship of Kael and Jaina to show more of his character development and why he did his decisions
  • How Kael managed to regroup the Elves in Quel’thalas and how he brought them back to his fold despite their withdrawal from the Sunwell
  • Where are the Sons of Lothar in Outland?
  • The fate of Maiev after getting Illidan freed in Outland
  • How Sylvanas managed to get back to her body
  • How Dagren the Orcslayer managed to get to Dustwallow Marsh
  • How Katherine Proudmoore reacted on her husband’s death and the “betrayal” of Jaina
I’d like to see more what you find

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. A Footman acknowledges in Demo03 that Thrall's orcs are the ones who stole the ships from the mainland) or rename the humans to Alliance Forces. Even if Kul Tiras is part of the Alliance, how'd they get the information so quickly as to reach the orcs so fast? Also, even if they'd not be Kul Tirasians (ince in the chapter where the orcs run with the ships, the faction is called Alliance Forces), how would they get there before the orcs and know of the orcs stealing those ships? Did the humans immediately set sail after them and were also brought to the island by the storms? But then Sen'Jin says the humans were hounding them day and night.
  2. My question is if Arthas killed Terenas and took over the Capital City, why did the DK have to go stealth mode to get the acolytes instead of staring warfare with newly raised Lordaeron people?
  3. Kil'jaeden could create a special lich out of Ner'zhul but Tichondrius wasn't that powerful to turn Kel'thuzad into a lich? Or was it because, it had been too much time since Kel's body lost its integrity and because as a powerful wizard, the remains had some sort of anti-reanimation enslavement countermeasures?
  4. I guess the TfT Demo Campaign is canon if the humans are angry that the orcs followed them to Kalimdor since it was way after Thrall left that Medivh told Jaina about migrating. But Grom says the humans are lead by Jaina (I guess, all of them here :\). But Medivh later says Jaina is the leader of the survivors of Lordaeron so those other factions just happened to be there or came as bounty hunters?
  5. A witch doctor told Grom about the source of power in the first place; think they'd backed off and were slaughtered or ran to find Thrall? (the last one? Not really)
  6. What's a graveyard doing in The Druids Arise anyway? Do night elves bury the dead the same way as humans?
  7. Why are there dire wolves in Kalimdor. Didn't the orcs bring them from Draenor so it would make sense for them to be in Lordaeron, maybe but only so much later should they be in Kalimdor?
  8. Funny, in Brothers in Blood, Furion mentions the spiders have been made huge by the corruption. The druid hasn't visited Lordaeron to see the native huge uncurropted ones.
  9. Where are the dragons and the Chimaeras in Twilight of the Gods? Sure, they would change the gameplay but limit them to a few. Dragons could be just allied units appearing from time to time (not just green ones).
    The time in history when night elves and dark trolls become friends :D
    However, the dragons helping, might go against what Medivh says in the ending.
  10. I understand the Watchers were part of the Sentinels or there were Sentinels part of the Watchers? (TfT night elf campaign name)
  11. I guess Drak'thul didn't realize some of his colleagues remaining trapped in the Tomb of Sargeras since the character says there were no others left? Not only that but those Stormreavers are among strong demons too, not only their(?) undead. Many Stormreavers found in the Founding of Durotar alongside warlocks or not. The ones in the Bonus Campaign should be Warsong escapee warlocks instead.
  12. Question is why did many liches remain with the legion as opposed to Ner'zhul in Ruins of Dalaran? Sure, Kil'jaeden turned Ner'zhul and the Warcraft II Death Knights into Liches but shouldn't they have mostly remained loyal to Ner'zhul, especially since the Lick King is basically the Scourge's (indirect, if you will) creator? Or might it be because Ner'zhul was losing power as mentioned in TfT, so control was mostly maintained over Northrend and important figures like Arthas and Kel'thuzad?
    Why don't the liches join the Scourge once more and reside with the demons in The Brothers Stormrage?
    But are those undead under Ner'zhul or gone rogue after the Lich King started losing more power?
  13. Salamanders and Kodos on Draenor? Either a custom skin or a custom model and name. Even the RoC manual says Salamanders and Lightning Lizards are related to Kodos which are native to Kalimdor
  14. Snarlmane in The Dark Lady (is this character not the same from Kael's chapter? This one hasn't got "the Bloodgorger" and is far weaker)
  15. Why didn't Detheroc and Balnazzar quickly assemble to dispose of Sylvanas and Varimathras, I don't know. I guess, indeed news travels slowly in Lordaeron as with Archimonde's demise.
  16. By the way how did ogres get to Kalimdor in the first place since they were not part of the Horde anymore? Does everybody just migrate everywhere on this planet? It's a bit understandable for Rexxar as the Mag'har is a lone traveller and maybe Misha was found in Kalimdor.
  17. Why don't we get to see any black dragon in Dustwallow Marsh or the Barrens in any of the campaigns including the Founding of Durotar except underground in the RoC night elf campaign (which wasn't in the Barrens by the way)?
More about units being in the wrong places here: Reforged - Inconsistencies in Classic WC3 that you want to see fixed in Reforged?

Level 8
How some Kul Tirans knew about the missing ships in Southshore
Rumours spread quickly, all Kul Tiras was in the Alliance so they probably had some kind of communiction

How and why did some High Elves decide to help Lordaeron and join Jaina’s brigade against King Anasterian’s orders
There is no King Anasterian in WC3. Elves also are as much in the Allince's army as dwarves and humans

I think the Stratholme citizens shouldn’t be just standing when they were being killed and some should retaliate against Arthas
They were confused that their own prince came to kill them, also they were sick aka being plagued

How Arthas got his horse back
What is the freaking issus with a freaking horse?! Is horse such a rarety in wc3? You didn't ask where all the knight get their horses from, did you?

How Jaina managed to get some brigades to agree with her to sail to the West
The entire state is being desolated, quite persuasive i guess

How Southern Lordaeron and Aerie Peak reacted on the Scourge
144-1449692_187kib-450x450-wutface-wutface-emote.png

Basically what happened to the Kirin Tor survivors after Dalaran fell
I think there is a bot-player named kirin tor expedition to be seen in orc campaign in RoC, makes me guess some fled some were left behind

Some interactions or reactions maybe of Tyrande when she sees High Elves
There are some in TFT

How the Skull of Gul’dan managed to get to Felwood from Dalaran
I think demons managed to bring it there

How Kael managed to regroup the Elves in Quel’thalas and how he brought them back to his fold despite their withdrawal from the Sunwell
I dom't remember KT to come back to QT to regroup the elves

Level 13
@Ardenaso they said that they've cut Campaign redoin. Probably the Campaigns will be the same with the new graphics. You can always read the ansewrs to your questions in WoW Chronicle Volume 3, and 2 for some :D

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Rumours spread quickly, all Kul Tiras was in the Alliance so they probably had some kind of communiction
Yeah, Kirin Tor telepathy and fast forwardism.
There is no King Anasterian in WC3. Elves also are as much in the Allince's army as dwarves and humans
Which shouldn't be the case. More humans than the others, it's how it would be logical.
The entire state is being desolated, quite persuasive i guess
By that time, it was more credible than when Medivh came.
I think there is a bot-player named kirin tor expedition to be seen in orc campaign in RoC, makes me guess some fled some were left behind
I don't think so. If they'd be, Jaina would lead them. They would not have their own separate faction as the other brigades.
There are some in TFT
Not enough as if nobody cared. You might say they didn't have the time for it because they were pressed by both time to hunt Illidan and the undead.
I dom't remember KT to come back to QT to regroup the elves
That was the point of the question.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
@Ardenaso they said that they've cut Campaign redoin. Probably the Campaigns will be the same with the new graphics. You can always read the ansewrs to your questions in WoW Chronicle Volume 3, and 2 for some :D

To be honest I actually know about them already, I just wanted them to show them for other players to be less ambiguous and more polished. I assumed that they only cut off the redoing of the voice acting, not the bonus voicing. That sucks :(

By the way how did ogres get to Kalimdor in the first place since they were not part of the Horde anymore?

WoW stuff: some ogres decided to just sail away after the Second War

think they'd backed off and were slaughtered

in the last chapter they were in cages

There is no King Anasterian in WC3.

There may be no King Anasterian, but there is a King Kael's daddy

What is the freaking issus with a freaking horse?! Is horse such a rarety in wc3? You didn't ask where all the knight get their horses from, did you?

What I meant is how they should show in Reforged that Arthas ran to his horse and raised it from Undeath. I already know the answers actually, but I wish they should show them to be clearer for other (new) players, and to make the storyline and lore of WC3 even better and clearer

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
WoW stuff: some ogres decided to just sail away after the Second War
My grandma also. She actually walked all the way from Lordaeron to the Barrens with a stick on water.
n the last chapter they were in cages
Ah, oops :D
What happened to that Witch Doc though? Did the troll also drink or not :D?
Too bad they didn't make any chaos trolls.
There may be no King Anasterian, but there is a King Kael's daddy
Yeah, at least theoretically.
What I meant is how they should show in Reforged that Arthas ran to his horse and
arthas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.