• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inconsistencies in Reforged campaign you wish to see fixed in the future updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Reforged - Inconsistencies in Classic WC3 that you want to see fixed in Reforged?

I made this post long ago and I'm not that satisfied that not all of them were answered (well thanks for making Stratholme a port city again, and replacing Blackrock Trolls into Amani, I guess?) so I decided to make a new post but with the campaign in Reforged; that's because I don't plan to refund at all and I still care about this game that much.
Anyway, this is what I found so far:
  • Change the Human Expedition's team color to Dark Green in Riders of the Storm and The Fires Down Below
  • Change the tileset in Riders of the Storm and Countdown to Extinction to Sunken Ruins
  • Change the tileset in The Fires Down Below to Sunken Ruins and change the doodads to Naga appropriate design
  • Remove Mal'ganis' ability to summon Infernals
  • Replace the Emissary model in Dissension [8]
  • Replace Ogres with Nerubians or whatever decent Northrend creeps in Dissension
  • Replace Human Captains in Fall of Silvermoon with High Elf Lieutenants
  • Replace Far Seers with WC2 Death Knights in Blackrock and Roll Too [1]
  • Remove Furbolgs in Siege of Dalaran and Dungeons of Dalaran [2]
  • Replace Dwarf units with High Elf units in The Siege of Dalaran and Under the Burning Sky [3]
  • Replace Cannon Towers with Boulder Towers in Under the Burning Sky
  • Change Stromgarde Brigade's team color to Red, Gilneas Brigade's team color to Black or Violet, and Kul Tiran Brigade to Dark Green in Cry of the Warsong
  • Remove the trolls' cheering animation when the orcs drink Mannoroth's Blood in The Hunter of Shadows [9]
  • Replace Heretics with more fitting creeps like Satyrs or evil Highborne mages in The Oracle
  • Replace Mystics with Night Elf Priestesses in Brothers in Blood [5]
  • Remove the skull part in Gul'dan's Corpse doodad in Tomb of Sargeras
  • Change the tileset of Unfinished Business to Ashenvale
  • Give actual High/Blood Elf models for Castle/Scout Tower/Blacksmith/Altar/Ballistae and replace Guard Towers with Elven Guard Towers in A Dark Covenant, Gates of the Abyss, Search for Illidan, Lord of Outland, Return to Northrend, and A Symphony of Frost and Flame; also give Blood Elf Archers their proper model and replace Human Barracks with Elven Barracks
  • Replace the Emissary's model in A Dark Covenant
  • Replace the models of Royal Guard, Elite Knight, and Crusader in The Crossing, Old Hatreds, and A Blaze of Glory
  • Replace the Draenei Boulder Tower's model in Gates of the Abyss [4]
  • Replace the Black Citadel Death Tower's model in Lord of Outland [4]
  • Remove Fel Orc Kodos in Lord of Outland [7]
  • Change the elves to their High Elf versions in King Arthas
  • Reforge Flight from Lordaeron to properly reflect the Lordaeron Throne Room and the Capital City instead of doodad vomits
  • Change Sorceresses in To Tame a Land into their High Elf versions
  • Give actual models for Ogre Huts in Old Hatreds
  • Replace Sorceress model of Maiden/Mistress of Shadow into evil Highborne Mages in Old Hatreds
  • Replace Chief's of Chaplains model in A Blaze of Glory [6]
  • Remove Vashj's human ears
  • Redo Darkspear Trolls’ voicelines, or maybe just the birth sound
[1] Far Seers in Blackrock Clan is a huge contradiction. The clan’s demonic connections and fel use should have made the elements and spirits abandon the clan members already.

[2] Furbolgs are native to Kalimdor; how did they get in Dalaran?

[3] Not even Wildhammer Shamans have got anything to do with Dalaran, because Shamanism is quite far from Arcane. Much more with Dwarf Riflemen, Steam Tanks, or even Gnomish Gyrocopters, Better replace them with High Elf Archers, Ballistae, and Dragonhawk Riders.

Edit: or let’s say Dalaran is the last standing Alliance bastion in WC3, then the enemy team should be themed with Alliance forces like Lordaeron Refugees, Aerie Peak Reinforcements, Alliance Loyalist High Elves, and the main Kirin Tor body; kinda makes sense since if you’re going to unleash literal doom on the planet, might as well face the all-out combined might of the Alliance

[4] They are bearing Silvemoon Crests, it's not good looking

[5] I don’t know what Mystics are but if they are arcane mages, then they are contradicting to the Night Elves’ ban on arcane, much more even to the Wardens, since they (Maiev, particularly) hate the Highborne so much. But their spells are apparently shamanistic (Purge and unusable Bloodlust) so it may be somewhat “a little bit druidic”. But still…

[6] He doesn't look like an actual Priest/Chaplain/Paladin leader

[7] There is LITERALLY NO REASON for fel Kodos to be in Outland, there can’t be some Warsong orc to smuggle some fel Kodos back inside the Dark Portal. Better change them into something fel-orcish like Necrolytes, or Fel Orc Slave Masters.

[8] Since you're going to incorporate WoW here, might as well change the Emissary into a High Elf (isn't there a High Elf Emissary model from the beta?); else if you insist to keep it as human, better remove the Kul Tiran crest

[9] The Darkspears heavily disproved of this and the Witch Doctor is next seen killed as the rest is imprisoned;

I’d like to see more what inconsistencies you found.

Last edited:
Level 13
Might I add two more things:
  1. Lady Vash has human ears. That needs to be changed or hiden with more snakes. Someone already did an awesome job
    7k24ya6aawf41.png
  2. Change Jubei'thos from Fel Orc to Green Orc. :p

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Might I add two more things:
  1. Lady Vash has human ears. That needs to be changed or hiden with more snakes. Someone already did an awesome job
    7k24ya6aawf41.png
  2. Change Jubei'thos from Fel Orc to Green Orc. :p

Added.

I actually preferred Jubei'thos and the Slave Master to be red (to show that they were the big guys) but if they would make him green, then he deserves a unique model at least

Level 13
Since no one else is writing I might add a few more:
  • Add a hero glow to Medivh and fix his clothes so he doesn't look like a bagger.
  • Replace Tharifas with a Red Dragon in The Last Guardian. (really the whole interlude is just lame and needs to be redonne from scratch, but that's impossible without new voicelines, but this at least)
  • Replace Red Dragons with Black Dragons in Gates of the Abyss.
  • Add custom models/skins for Corrupted Furbolgs in The Druids Arise. (having green furbolgs now, when every creep has his own model is really lame, and they need to look sick, raged and crazy)
  • (not sure about this one) Replace Forest Trolls with Orc Spearthrowers in Blackrock and Roll and Blackrock & Roll, Too! (iirc all the forest trolls left the alliance with any kind of orcs or horde before the second war even ended)
  • Add a custom skin for Master of Pain and Mistress of Torment in Lord of Outland. (Demon Generals need to look a bit scarier and higher ranking than normal Demons)

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Added more based on what I pooled from r/warcraftlore and r/warcraft3

Since no one else is writing I might add a few more:
  • Add a hero glow to Medivh and fix his clothes so he doesn't look like a bagger.
  • Replace Tharifas with a Red Dragon in The Last Guardian. (really the whole interlude is just lame and needs to be redonne from scratch, but that's impossible without new voicelines, but this at least)
  • Replace Red Dragons with Black Dragons in Gates of the Abyss.
  • Add custom models/skins for Corrupted Furbolgs in The Druids Arise. (having green furbolgs now, when every creep has his own model is really lame, and they need to look sick, raged and crazy)
  • (not sure about this one) Replace Forest Trolls with Orc Spearthrowers in Blackrock and Roll and Blackrock & Roll, Too! (iirc all the forest trolls left the alliance with any kind of orcs or horde before the second war even ended)
  • Add a custom skin for Master of Pain and Mistress of Torment in Lord of Outland. (Demon Generals need to look a bit scarier and higher ranking than normal Demons)

I think those are more of a unique model suggestions, but I'll see to it

Status
Not open for further replies.