• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
i changed the cameras distance to the target to 700 and the perspective to -15, so i have something like an ego shooter perspective. but i want the camera to be locked BEHIND the unit. if the unit turns left the camera is supposed to turn left as well. how can i do that?

Level 12
Try using this:
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to -700.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 350.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 100.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (your unit)) over 0.50 seconds
Worked for me in my map.

Edit: Oh yeah, i forgot, first lock the camera to unit you want.

Level 29
Try using this:
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to -700.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 350.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 100.00 over 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (your unit)) over 0.50 seconds
Worked for me in my map.

Edit: Oh yeah, i forgot, first lock the camera to unit you want.

Correct but better is...

• Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
you might want to use ANIMATION CHANGE SIZE for your model to make a good FPS...

Last edited:
Level 29
Of course, i replaced my model with Dummy.mdx, and the camera was great, but you still need a model of your hero so other could see, so i made same hero model behind always moving with me, but i cannot see him. So this worked very nice in my map.

Instead of Dummy.mdx try using...

• Animation - Change (YOUR UNIT)'s size to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) of its original size
This will be useful when you have cinematics, since you can change it back by...

• Animation - Change (YOUR UNIT)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

Status
Not open for further replies.