• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Call to Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
How do I do to make Militias become permanent when I cast call to arms?
If I change Call To Arms (Peasent) Duration time from 45 to 0 they do not become Militias at all. If I change the field to maximum there is a disturbing blue bar under the units name.

Any ideas?

Level 18
create a normal unit as militia, make a ability that does nothing, then check it via trigger when it's used and replace the peasants with the militias.. pretty simple.. and I don't think it's possible, if the duration stuff at 0 doesn't work, or you need some other complicated way.. so trigger would be the best solution, and it isn't that hard to do

Level 10
I made this trigger.

• Call to arms
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arm! (Peasant)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Goblin using The old unit's relative life and mana
I call Call to Arms for Arm!
The Unit created is a Goblin and it has not Arm!
The game crashes when a peasent transforms into a Goblin.

What am I doing wrong?

{EDIT}
I have tried with some other triggers aswell but the problem is, I think, that the Peasent is untargetable. The moment he casts Call To Arms he is already replaced by a Militia.

• Sacrifice Goblin Rocket
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Militia
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
This does nothing. Perhaps does the Militia not enter the Entire Map since it is already there as a Peasent?
But if I managed to get the Militia removed from the game and instead create a new unit at the position, then my case will be solved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
lol why the hell do you want to replace the militia??

Create a new ability, just take a ability and remove ALL effects, like berserk, but it shouldn't effect the unit.. you click on it and nothing will happen! That's the first part..

Now make a trigger cann add event "unit begins casting an ability" with condition "Ability being cast equal to Your choosed ability" and then replace casting unit with your goblin.

that's all man, it has nothing to do with the call to arms ability now.. it#s something totally new now.. you can rename your "dummy ability" (for example to "Call to Arms" or anything else, but it shouldn't have any effects), that only exists to start the trigger which replaces the unit.. that's all

Level 9
Since no one wants to make it for you.. I guess I will.
  • Transforming Units - Permanent
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YOUR ABILITY
    • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Picked unit) Not equal to (Casting unit)
          • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to OLD UNIT
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of (Casting unit))
          • Wait 0.10 seconds
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a NEW UNIT using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
The order and the wait might make it look a little better. You can remove those if you want.

Level 18
Since no one wants to make it for you.. I guess I will.
  • Transforming Units - Permanent
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YOUR ABILITY
    • Actions
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Picked unit) Not equal to (Casting unit)
          • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to OLD UNIT
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of (Casting unit))
          • Wait 0.10 seconds
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a NEW UNIT using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
The order and the wait might make it look a little better. You can remove those if you want.

yupp that's it what i ment, i don't have much time so I only can write some stuf here, have to learn for school tests, very important ones.. so yeah, he did all what i said =) just use it, pretty simple and short trigger, but effective :)

Bod

Bod

Level 2
make the milita unit and try some spell like bear form,metamorfosis(watch to be unit spell not hero) and moderate them if that is required

Status
Not open for further replies.