• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cage/Transport Chariot pack

I was looking for a prison cart model and couldn't find one so I tried to do my own.
Made from the ingame catapult, horse and cage models.
The model is probably not perfect as I'm not really experienced with animated model but I think it can be useful for some people.

Specific attachment : mount => unit in the cage
189194-c90fa6db9ede28f090ce95e6c95b2cec.png

Update 29/11 : added a version with a bandit driver
Update 29/12 : added several variation : cage cart with footman and knight horse, cage cart without rider and knight horse, transport chariots with/without riders and added proper Portrait animation
Previews
Contents

Bandit Chariot (Model)

Bandit Chariot (with rider) (Model)

Cage Cart (Model)

Cage Cart (with driver) (Model)

Kingdom Cage Cart (Model)

Kingdom Cage Cart (with rider) (Model)

Kingdom Chariot (Model)

Kingdom Chariot (with rider) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Very useful. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved! A little bit suggestion though, the model may be moved backwards so that the horse is at the center of the origin/pivot point. This may fix the 'stiffness' when the unit make turns in-game.
Level 8
Yes thanks for reminding me, I posted the wrong model for the animation and I just discovered that the collision boxes were buggy (thanks to GeneralFrank) so I switched for spheres and recalculated the extent and tested in game, seems ok now.

Last edited:
Level 8
Cool! I didn't try this out yet but I can imagine it having an issue with the turning rate appearing to turn too quickly. Is there a particular turn rate that you suggest for units who use this model?
I'm affraid you can't really have anything satisfying in game. I suggest something between 0.3 and 0.4 but maybe there is a better choice. In my map the unit using the model is mostly moving in a straight line (going between 2 villages).