• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

C&C Generals: Zero Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
SWG is the most imbalanced, by far. Power through the roof, extremely powerful defenses, and of course, powerful and cheap offense via superweapons.
As personal favorites, I like infantry and demo general. With the demo general, terrorists on motorbikes = win. With infantry, loading up a bunch of troop crawlers becomes damn near unstoppable.
--donut3.5--

Level 7
swg general has only offence by particle cannons. but it need too much time to build them.his defence is really cool? but it almost useless against china.they have nuclear cannons and hell cannons which are firing on a long distances where defenses couldn't reach them.i really like nuclear and tank generals.chine really rules =)

Level 25
SWG is the most imbalanced, by far. Power through the roof, extremely powerful defenses, and of course, powerful and cheap offense via superweapons.
As personal favorites, I like infantry and demo general. With the demo general, terrorists on motorbikes = win. With infantry, loading up a bunch of troop crawlers becomes damn near unstoppable.
--donut3.5--

Ma personal fav: Demo General

Small rush tac:

Build 2 barracks, 1 supply,
research capture buildings, send out 2 rebels to cap, then build 5 Terrorists on each Barrack.

Then when your supply is done, get a Tank Factory, build one radar, then 2 technicals. Load up with terrorists and go supply hunt! :grin:

Level 7
Ma personal fav: Demo General

Small rush tac:

Build 2 barracks, 1 supply,
research capture buildings, send out 2 rebels to cap, then build 5 Terrorists on each Barrack.

Then when your supply is done, get a Tank Factory, build one radar, then 2 technicals. Load up with terrorists and go supply hunt! :grin:

My tactics for demo general is to build 10 demo trucks and BLOW UP the enemy base...damn i'm genious :smile:

Level 25
Demo trucks are pretty expensive to mass though, the reason why I favor terrorists on motorbikes. Fast, cheap, and still pretty destructive, as they explode twice (one from the terrorist, one from the bike)
--donut3.5--

Cheap?
Naah..

Technical + Terrorists are cheaper ;) . As even if the car explodes, the weapon will be alive.

Level 7
SCUD storm was hilarious when there was the infinite attack bug..
You could select a terrorist and a SCUD storm and order them to attack the same spot, and the SCUD storm would shoot out a never ending stream of missiles.
Epic win.
But then they fixed it D:
--donut3.5--
terrorist+SCUD...interesting.i heard about SCUD+Ctrl button but it didn't work.i'll try to do this way.

Level 22
Westwood/EA was never really well known for proper balancing. RA2 was ungodly horribly imbalanced. The original Generals was actually very well balanced. The new implementations with zero hour into the "original armies" made it even more balanced....however the "generals" themselves....well...not so balanced. Some generals were badly overpowered against certain other generals. Thats why I only play in the "original armies only" lobby.

Generals was a good games, but had way too many bugs. Even the 10 year anniversery versions has problems with recording and reading its own replay files, unable to save, frequent disconnects online....just sad to see...
-VGsatomi

Level 7
Westwood/EA was never really well known for proper balancing. RA2 was ungodly horribly imbalanced. The original Generals was actually very well balanced. The new implementations with zero hour into the "original armies" made it even more balanced....however the "generals" themselves....well...not so balanced. Some generals were badly overpowered against certain other generals. Thats why I only play in the "original armies only" lobby.

Generals was a good games, but had way too many bugs. Even the 10 year anniversery versions has problems with recording and reading its own replay files, unable to save, frequent disconnects online....just sad to see...
-VGsatomi

I think this is not a disbalance. In Star Craft units were very different so players had to use strong sides of every race, not every unit. And i guess Star Craft is one of the best strategies in the world.

Level 22
Starcraft was also one of the more balanced RTS games. It did not have nearly the gross imbalances Generals had....well...minus the 1 minute zergling rushes on small maps....but on large, long games, no side had a real advantage or disadvantage against the other....which was why it, as you say, was one of the best strategy games in the world.

Ít's called the ''Rock, Paper, Scissors'' tactic. Often used in Strategy games.

True, but the result of that is one side winning over the other not because of skill, but because what one player happens to be....losing by default, so to speak. When only 2 sides are playing and one is the rock and one is the scissor....what's to be done? It should never be like that- not in competitive gaming, at least. Skill should ALWAYS be the only determining factor- not imbalance or luck.

Well that's also with WoW... Warriors for example can't compete with a Pally... and Rogues have not a good chance against Hunters... etc.

Any yes, WoW pvp is very similar....some classes/specs are completely helpless against others....which was why I really disliked WoW PVP.

Level 35
Generals is a really fun game, I enjoyed it 10 times more than Tiberium Wars. Yeah, it's really unbalanced against bots, but I don't think it is against player. When I played against my friends via LAN, we always spammed super weapons. Super weapon spam vs. Super weapon spam was pretty much balanced, even against a Super weapon general. When we limited the super weapons we always built unbreakable defences, so the game would never end. It was better with unlimited superweapons.

Btw, I recommend you try Shockwave mod. It's like a whole new expansion pack to ZH, with over 100 new units and buildings. I downloaded it about half a year after getting bored with Generals, and I played it for another 3-4 months. It's awesome.

Level 7
Btw, I recommend you try Shockwave mod. It's like a whole new expansion pack to ZH, with over 100 new units and buildings. I downloaded it about half a year after getting bored with Generals, and I played it for another 3-4 months. It's awesome.

Project Raptor mod is cool too.It makes generals even more disbalanced :gg: there are tonns of new units and changed standart units. There are even two new armies: militia (kind of rebels against gla.they have no Superweapon and weak tanks, but they have great infantry that is even more numerous then chinese infantry) and Boss (she uses the best units of every army in the game.she was in Zero Hour but she was locked )

Level 31
Chinese Tank general > rest
Scud storm > rest

Well, tank general partically useless again super weapon general. The main weakness of tank general is he does not have any long range artillery, if alexis alexander build her fortress at top of the hill with a narrow entrance. There would be no way the tank gain access to her base unless by unload it via helicopter.

Level 25
Well, tank general partically useless again super weapon general. The main weakness of tank general is he does not have any long range artillery, if alexis alexander build her fortress at top of the hill with a narrow entrance. There would be no way the tank gain access to her base unless by unload it via helicopter.

Except that she one hits any aircraft with her missile defences.

Level 34
Yeah, she had the best anti-air/tank defense you could find. First time I threw in the cavalry (I was the Airforce General), I sended like 50 King Raptors and only 8 returned.

Level 25
Not jets...

just helis... which already is insane...

:wink:

Level 25
my personal best are china infantry and gla stealth
i played generals for to long its very popular in my country

Originally Posted by Squiggy

Lol china tank dont stand a chance vs china infantry 2 or 3 rocket men cab destroy the over lord tank

Level 34
my personal best are china infantry and gla stealth
i played generals for to long its very popular in my country

Originally Posted by Squiggy

Lol china tank dont stand a chance vs china infantry 2 or 3 rocket men cab destroy the over lord tank

Ever heard about ''roadkill''?

Status
Not open for further replies.