1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

C&C Generals: Zero Hour

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by ROMICH UA, Sep 27, 2008.

1. ROMICH UA

ROMICH UA

Resources:
    Resources:
    air force general is good, but he have no tanks. for exsample tank general have great tanks, but he has planes too.they are just mor expencive.

2. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you play him well you can do great damage in large area's lol. It indeed it very anti-infantry but when you just mass toxic you deal enough damage to tanks to destroy them quickly.

3. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Westwood/EA was never really well known for proper balancing. RA2 was ungodly horribly imbalanced. The original Generals was actually very well balanced. The new implementations with zero hour into the "original armies" made it even more balanced....however the "generals" themselves....well...not so balanced. Some generals were badly overpowered against certain other generals. Thats why I only play in the "original armies only" lobby.

Generals was a good games, but had way too many bugs. Even the 10 year anniversery versions has problems with recording and reading its own replay files, unable to save, frequent disconnects online....just sad to see...
    -VGsatomi

4. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that's also with WoW... Warriors for example can't compete with a Pally... and Rogues have not a good chance against Hunters... etc.

5. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ít's called the ''Rock, Paper, Scissors'' tactic. Often used in Strategy games.

6. ROMICH UA

ROMICH UA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think this is not a disbalance. In Star Craft units were very different so players had to use strong sides of every race, not every unit. And i guess Star Craft is one of the best strategies in the world.

7. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Starcraft was also one of the more balanced RTS games. It did not have nearly the gross imbalances Generals had....well...minus the 1 minute zergling rushes on small maps....but on large, long games, no side had a real advantage or disadvantage against the other....which was why it, as you say, was one of the best strategy games in the world.

True, but the result of that is one side winning over the other not because of skill, but because what one player happens to be....losing by default, so to speak. When only 2 sides are playing and one is the rock and one is the scissor....what's to be done? It should never be like that- not in competitive gaming, at least. Skill should ALWAYS be the only determining factor- not imbalance or luck.

Any yes, WoW pvp is very similar....some classes/specs are completely helpless against others....which was why I really disliked WoW PVP.

8. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Generals is a really fun game, I enjoyed it 10 times more than Tiberium Wars. Yeah, it's really unbalanced against bots, but I don't think it is against player. When I played against my friends via LAN, we always spammed super weapons. Super weapon spam vs. Super weapon spam was pretty much balanced, even against a Super weapon general. When we limited the super weapons we always built unbreakable defences, so the game would never end. It was better with unlimited superweapons.

Btw, I recommend you try Shockwave mod. It's like a whole new expansion pack to ZH, with over 100 new units and buildings. I downloaded it about half a year after getting bored with Generals, and I played it for another 3-4 months. It's awesome.

9. ROMICH UA

ROMICH UA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Project Raptor mod is cool too.It makes generals even more disbalanced :gg: there are tonns of new units and changed standart units. There are even two new armies: militia (kind of rebels against gla.they have no Superweapon and weak tanks, but they have great infantry that is even more numerous then chinese infantry) and Boss (she uses the best units of every army in the game.she was in Zero Hour but she was locked )

10. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I loved the Commander in Chief (The Reborn Mod was pretty popular in my place)

I would just mass super weapons and defenses...

My classmates banned me from using him... But, I still owned them anywayz...

11. ROMICH UA

ROMICH UA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn...I have too bad internet connection to download some really good mod. The only mode that I have is Project Raptor (downloaded it from the net for free =)) )

12. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about that Rad Alert Mod that I saw? Its for general's; hell, I think I actually saw it on the Red Alert 3 site...

It's still fun I find. I haven't triad any mod's yet.

13. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That mod was really disappointing...

Very laggy and not loyal to the Red Alert spirit...

14. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The problem is was rly bad balanced. Wtf, rocked launcher costs $400, in original game costs $300 where he's still overpriced. Of course, it cannot dig himself. And vehicles retained the old prices too, even the ability doesn't work like in RA2, usually is much crappier. And the campaigns pretty much sucked.

15. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He said em all...

Like the mind control became the damage infantry ability???

16. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it was something to disable the vehicle.

17. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Both, anywayz, its very crappy and we all agree on it...

I need mods... The ones that work on 1.04... Cause I can't update...

18. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, tank general partically useless again super weapon general. The main weakness of tank general is he does not have any long range artillery, if alexis alexander build her fortress at top of the hill with a narrow entrance. There would be no way the tank gain access to her base unless by unload it via helicopter.

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Except that she one hits any aircraft with her missile defences.

20. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not jets...

just helis... which already is insane...