• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Total Annihilation Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Level 13
I searched for professional players in TA 0 and I did not found any do you know pro players in TA 0 and cool video of matches in TA 0(I would be interested in seeing some of them)

There are no professional players, but you can check out gameplay videos of good players on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIGJ_Jt1C7W0MU5RHn2h10w
Keep in mind not all videos are featuring good players.

Last edited:
Level 21
this project is a joke. no tier 2 aircraft for gok, the ai attacks the moment i build defenses and withdraw once they are destroyed and the gok commander can attack by selv destructing. please add at least all tier 2 builders in the next version.

Last edited:
Level 13
What are you talking about?
1. There is Tier 2 aircraft for each faction (right now only 1 Gunship for each faction though).
2. Play vs easy or medium AI. The hard AI is cheating.
3. This mod is still in development and new stuff is added frequently.
4. I am not the creator i just play the mod.

On which map did you play? Do not play on the small maps... they suck. Play on 4P Raindance or 4P River of Flames or download one of my maps:
http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43725

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The Commander death victory approach usually results in rather cheap play tactics. Including suicide runs just to kill a commander, where the units ignore all other units and explicitly focus down the commander. This was a big problem in Supreme Commander and its sequel. As you were limited in area to place your commander and your commander toughness was very limited it became impossible to stop such death runs, especially of tougher air units such as Experimental class units.

As such I usually used to play where you needed to kill all structures/units to win. This made such suicide runs near pointless and so encouraged bigger army battles.

Level 13
The Commander death victory approach usually results in rather cheap play tactics. Including suicide runs just to kill a commander, where the units ignore all other units and explicitly focus down the commander. This was a big problem in Supreme Commander and its sequel. As you were limited in area to place your commander and your commander toughness was very limited it became impossible to stop such death runs, especially of tougher air units such as Experimental class units.

As such I usually used to play where you needed to kill all structures/units to win. This made such suicide runs near pointless and so encouraged bigger army battles.

I agree but if you play big enough maps in Zero this is hardly happening.

i usually play in such a way that the game continues even if the commander gets killed. i once lost my commander early in the game but i won because i managed to build enough forces afterwards.

Which is fine too but you should still play one of my maps for better gameplay experience or at least maps like 4P River of Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.